Post Thanks / Like

Just made homemade lasagna for the 1st time

MY GOD it`s good, making pasta from scratch and rolling it out isn`t hard but it`s damn time consuming. I have a ton of respect for chefs who do this all day, of course they`ll be 100x better at it so it won`t take them an hour to make the dough and then roll it out like me lol. I plan to wake up tomorrow and make biscuit dough and *try* to roll it out in my pasta roller. If it works, make buttermilk biscuit Ravioli`s stuffed with scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage. Then bake them and cover with country gravy. Pretty sure an Italian would contemplate murdering me for doing this to Ravioli, but as a `Merican it just sounds tasty and suuuuuuper unhealthy.
    Likes bigltc, Diner, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just made homemade lasagna for the 1st time

Pics or it never happened! LOL, sounds fantastic!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Pics or it never happened! LOL, sounds fantastic!
    No kidding! Need some pics of luscious pasta goodness!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    MY GOD it`s good, making pasta from scratch and rolling it out isn`t hard but it`s damn time consuming. I have a ton of respect for chefs who do this all day, of course they`ll be 100x better at it so it won`t take them an hour to make the dough and then roll it out like me lol. I plan to wake up tomorrow and make biscuit dough and *try* to roll it out in my pasta roller. If it works, make buttermilk biscuit Ravioli`s stuffed with scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage. Then bake them and cover with country gravy. Pretty sure an Italian would contemplate murdering me for doing this to Ravioli, but as a `Merican it just sounds tasty and suuuuuuper unhealthy.
    I`m all in on the biscuits and gravy ravioli, that sounds awesome! Smartest thing I ever did was the very first time I met my mother in law, I told her that my husband said his mama made the best biscuits in the world and asked her to teach me. Not only did I win enough MIL brownie points to last a life time, but now my husband says I make them even better than she did.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Diner, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you are using California cheese of some sort, since that IS where you live.
    (Insert snide remark about "Wisconsin cheese is better" from a green-and-gold (AKA, Green Bay Packer) Cheesehead! I HATE that moniker!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I assume you are using California cheese of some sort, since that IS where you live.
    (Insert snide remark about "Wisconsin cheese is better" from a green-and-gold (AKA, Green Bay Packer) Cheesehead! I HATE that moniker!)
    I used Galbani whole milk Ricotta, and their whole milk low moisture Mozzarella. And Belgioioso Parmesan Cheese. I like Boars Head Parmesan Reggiano, or any brand of Reggiano Parmesan, but they didn`t have that in stock at the store I was at. I`m a cheese guy but admittedly I don`t know much about good brands for Ricotta or Mozz. I need to do some reading up. I saw an Italian looking name, and they both were a few bucks more than the other brand at the store so I nabbed them. I like Cali cheese, I like Wisconsin cheese, I like Vermont cheese, I like overseas cheese. When I make my 5 cheese Mac & Cheese I use cheeses from all over the place. Boars head has the best selection/quality for a brand I can easily get in my area. Their Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar`s DELICIOUS.

I can`t imagine a Lasagna with California cheese lol, I mean yes I would eat it. But I don`t think I would make it.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Galbani whole milk Ricotta, and their whole milk low moisture Mozzarella. And Belgioioso Parmesan Cheese. I like Boars Head Parmesan Reggiano, or any brand of Reggiano Parmesan, but they didn`t have that in stock at the store I was at. I`m a cheese guy but admittedly I don`t know much about good brands for Ricotta or Mozz. I need to do some reading up. I saw an Italian looking name, and they both were a few bucks more than the other brand at the store so I nabbed them. I like Cali cheese, I like Wisconsin cheese, I like Vermont cheese, I like overseas cheese. When I make my 5 cheese Mac & Cheese I use cheeses from all over the place. Boars head has the best selection/quality for a brand I can easily get in my area. Their Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar`s DELICIOUS.

I can`t imagine a Lasagna with California cheese lol, I mean yes I would eat it. But I don`t think I would make it.
    I suppose I`m biased towards my home state, but Rogue Creamery in Central Point, Oregon won the top prize at the World Cheese awards this year and then of course there`s Tillamook.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liz@Autopia View Post
    I suppose I`m biased towards my home state, but Rogue Creamery in Central Point, Oregon won the top prize at the World Cheese awards this year and then of course there`s Tillamook.
    OR has those + Kettle brand chips, is Rogue Creamery tied in with Rogue brewing? Seem`s like an odd coincidence that both are Rogue and from OR. Or would be cool to visit I`d like to eat some cheese from Rogue they have a good selection of Blue Cheeses ummmm!

Post Thanks / Like

OR has those + Kettle brand chips, is Rogue Creamery tied in with Rogue brewing? Seem`s like an odd coincidence that both are Rogue and from OR. Or would be cool to visit I`d like to eat some cheese from Rogue they have a good selection of Blue Cheeses ummmm!
    Note sure if the two companies are related, other than their general location. The Rogue River runs through Southern Oregon, so a lot of places in that area use it in their names. Rogue Brewing Double Chocolate Stout is my favorite beer. I can never find it down here, so I have to have family smuggle it in their luggage when they come visit.

Thread Information