Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Some see safety cones as a warning...

...and some see them as a challenge. Excellent maneuvering skills, Mr. Deliveryman.
    Some see safety cones as a warning...-dway1.jpg
    Some see safety cones as a warning...-dway2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, Oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some see safety cones as a warning...

And some people just don’t care about other people’s property.

Post Thanks / Like

Now make him clean up the mess
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Now make him clean up the mess
    It was Amazon driver so we filed claim...we`ll see how that goes!
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You need to a better job setting up your autocross!
    Likes JustJesus, BudgetPlan1, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome they have been nice to me to have enough space between the safety cones so I can get through. Nice guys and gals working at this company tralallalaa. I have a real good day today. (So far LOL)

Ignorence at it`s best!

Sometimes you hear and see great things humans does and you have that little sparkle of the goodness and humble and generous from human kinds. To bad you have to see the worst parts of the humans more than the great parts. Don`t know but the egoism seems to be getting worser from people in general sadly. Nah I try to block those people out of my life and ignore the incidents that I see. And soak up the good things in life. But man it`s getting harder and harder LOL. See I even write that I`m ignorence to things and is selfish I`m bad LOL.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some people just don`t care, what a shame...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Reminds me of a recent news story I saw where one of those front doorbell cameras caught an Amazon prime van turning around over a guy’s front lawn.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until one of these “services” unleashes their drones and one hits your car or your head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Some people just don`t care, what a shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydrm View Post
    Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Nice. Reminds me of a recent news story I saw where one of those front doorbell cameras caught an Amazon prime van turning around over a guy’s front lawn.
    Guy had to have done it on purpose methinks. Ya just wonder what exactly made him think it was an OK idea? Strange world...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Guy had to have done it on purpose methinks. Ya just wonder what exactly made him think it was an OK idea? Strange world...
    I guess I`m more generous than you are, so I`ll play devil`s advocate...from what I have seen these guys have a TON of packages to deliver (the last delivery I got the driver ran from the van to my door and back) so maybe he was more focused on making the delivery, saw enough space between the cones to get through, and was simply distracted enough by his overall goal that he didn`t think through why the cones were there. I mean here in NJ the police have been getting so crazy with the pedestrian signs and the "cone posts" that they force you to drive through little spaces like that on the road, so you`re almost conditioned to "thread the needle" between that stuff, it`s almost the same the way that driver went between the cones.

EDIT: Perhaps more to the point, most of us here have had experiences with kids or employees, where you do something expecting a certain behavior and then get the opposite, and you ask "why do you think there were cones there?" (for example)...in this case perhaps the guy would answer "so I didn`t drive over the cones". After all, I`ve seen potholes with cones in them, to keep you from driving over/into the potholes, in which case you would drive..."between the cones". I`m not defending the guy, I just don`t think he did it on purpose. Perhaps just some combination of stupidity and distraction (with the delivery). I mean I work with a guy that I have these kinds of conversations with almost daily ("how could you think that was the right thing to do?"), and he`s always got a logical (to him) explanation, and I guarantee he would say because there was enough space between the cones for his vehicle he figured it was ok to drive between them, and if you asked why he thought there was a line of cones there, he would say "I dunno". Maybe next time more cones so there is less space between them or some crime-scene tape between the cones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I guess I`m more generous than you are, so I`ll play devil`s advocate...from what I have seen these guys have a TON of packages to deliver (the last delivery I got the driver ran from the van to my door and back) so maybe he was more focused on making the delivery, saw enough space between the cones to get through, and was simply distracted enough by his overall goal that he didn`t think through why the cones were there. I mean here in NJ the police have been getting so crazy with the pedestrian signs and the "cone posts" that they force you to drive through little spaces like that on the road, so you`re almost conditioned to "thread the needle" between that stuff, it`s almost the same the way that driver went between the cones.

EDIT: Perhaps more to the point, most of us here have had experiences with kids or employees, where you do something expecting a certain behavior and then get the opposite, and you ask "why do you think there were cones there?" (for example)...in this case perhaps the guy would answer "so I didn`t drive over the cones". After all, I`ve seen potholes with cones in them, to keep you from driving over/into the potholes, in which case you would drive..."between the cones". I`m not defending the guy, I just don`t think he did it on purpose. Perhaps just some combination of stupidity and distraction (with the delivery). I mean I work with a guy that I have these kinds of conversations with almost daily ("how could you think that was the right thing to do?"), and he`s always got a logical (to him) explanation, and I guarantee he would say because there was enough space between the cones for his vehicle he figured it was ok to drive between them, and if you asked why he thought there was a line of cones there, he would say "I dunno". Maybe next time more cones so there is less space between them or some crime-scene tape between the cones.
    I suppose anything is possible, ya just never know. Just curious that when given the choice to turn right and turn around in a completely empty parking on that side they chose to turn left, maneuver in between the cones into an obviously freshly `something-ed` parking lot then do some more maneuvering to make it out between more cones.

Turning right to circle in an unobstructed and larger empty lot woulda been the quicker choice.

No big deal, provided some nice entertainment on an otherwise dull Friday. Interesting to ponder motivations...

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have a better perspective on the circumstances than I do. I presumed he was trying to get somewhere to make the delivery, rather than just trying to turn around.

As I alluded to, in my dealings with stupid people, they rarely seem to have malice aforethought, they just have their own set of logic that dictated their actions (and their logic rarely comports with mine). It`s the smart people that do things maliciously and pretend otherwise. I hope your claim with Amazon works out, I imagine it will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    ...they just have their own set of logic that dictated their actions (and their logic rarely comports with mine).
    I seem to be running into this a lot recently Some see safety cones as a warning...

To wit:
    Last weekend we flew to Asheville, NC for the weekend, traveling with wife`s cousin and her husband.

Since we only have smaller, 2 door cars they suggested they drive to airport in their large SUV; makes sense so far, luggage, 4 people...need some room. They live about 5 minutes away from us.

When asked what time they were picking us up Friday morning, her cousin said they would be dropping their SUV off at our house Thursday night and then we should drive their car to their house Friday morning and then they would drive to airport.

I`m still trying to work out the logic behind that one...but it made perfect sense to them so that`s what we did. Guess everybody thinks differently; Lord knows some of the things I do are quite puzzling to others!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information