Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timber!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timber!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Got a bit of a cash discount so came in at $7700 so a pleasant surprise.
    Hey, that sounds good to me!

And I found it interesting that you`re OK with skydiving but not with the "better not fall off of this roof..." I bet a lot of the Roof Thing is just a lack of familiarity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Hi Budgetplan, glad you don`t have to worry about your safety now while in the house.

All those acorns all I could think of was grinding up acorn flour. That`s good stuff. I miss stuff like that.
    It is somewhat of a relief, especially when storms roll thru...no more (or as much) worry. Never heard of acorn flour but I could likely box up 50k acorns end send `em out Timber!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hey, that sounds good to me!

And I found it interesting that you`re OK with skydiving but not with the "better not fall off of this roof..." I bet a lot of the Roof Thing is just a lack of familiarity.
    Weird, isn`t it? I do have to climb on the roof on occasion and do it quite carefully even though a relatively low ranch-roof is about as easy as they come.

Wasnt always wary of heights, just seemed to appear one day on a water tower in New Jersey when I was 13 or so. And yet I still find myself compelled to make it to the highest point when we run across observation towers and other chances to climb. Baffling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasnt always wary of heights, just seemed to appear one day on a water tower in New Jersey when I was 13 or so. And yet I still find myself compelled to make it to the highest point when we run across observation towers and other chances to climb. Baffling.
    Heh heh, that`s funny about the Observatoin Towers

I nearly suffered what would`ve been an undoubtedly fatal fall from a great height when I was 14, somehow seemed to reinforce my being OK with such things, not that I take silly chances (though my wife might disagree with that).
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a big pine that needs to go. Pines don’t have deep root systems and the bigger they get the more likely they will fall. Plus I’m tired of getting pine straw out of my pool.

I got bit by a brown recluse will stationed in Honduras and it ate a nice section out of my side before the doctors were able to get it under control. I found a northern black widow in my back yard a while back. I was going to get rid of it but it moved along on it’s own. I don’t kill anything unless it will harm me or mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got a big pine that needs to go. Pines don’t have deep root systems and the bigger they get the more likely they will fall...
    Oddly enough, our Pines/evergreens are the ones that have *never* fallen! Even stone-cold-dead they keep standing until I drop `em, while the Cherries and Oaks are the ones that fall.
    Plus I’m tired of getting pine straw out of my pool.
    I hear that! We have a Larch positioned *right* where all it`s tiny needles end up getting in the house
    I got bit by a brown recluse will stationed in Honduras and it ate a nice section out of my side before the doctors were able to get it under control.
    Yikes! Shows how seriously we oughta take those little things.

I found a northern black widow in my back yard a while back. I was going to get rid of it but it moved along on it’s own. I don’t kill anything unless it will harm me or mine.
    Heh heh,you sound like us.

Although I did have our guy spray some Ground Dwelling Bees, those little things are *nasty* and their surprisingly painful stings result in tissue damage I never would`ve expected (not like you went through though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information