Post Thanks / Like

favorite cologne?

Before I got my current car, I didn`t care enough about my last car to really get into detailing. I went to Target once a year and would drop $70`ish on an entire bucket of stuff + some MF towels. Before I bought everything detailing I could one of my old vices was cologne. Then when I got my new car, I got into detailing. And I became addicted and couldn`t afford cologne and a shelf full of Polish Angel. Any who, maybe some others here are into colognes. I bought a bottle today and I think I`m feeling that addiction kicking in again.

Anyone here into them? What`s your favorite fragrance? I bought some Versace Pour Homme today. I put some on and got a complement from a female friend as soon as she saw me. As good as it feels when a fellow fellow comments on how clean my car is. I forgot how damn nice it is to have a female rave about how good you smell while she`s sniffing you. I need to get a few more bottles so I can hopefully have more females sniffing me up.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: favorite cologne?

Funny just went to Canada and while in the dirt free store I wanted to cop a bottle of Versace. Don’t know if it was same fragrance. I haven’t bought a bottle of cologne in 15 years and plan on getting it from the store on my way back. Use to spritz me self every day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lanvin L`Homme Sport EdT is the one I use daily. Not so much for the heavy sweet scents. So this is a fresh one with tones of citrus. My absolutely favorite and what I have gotten the most comments on even from women I don`t know or so well. Is Van Gils Between Sheets and as I understand it it`s a classic that has been around for a long time. I like to find the not so most popular ones so it stands out more from the others like BOSS and Calvin Klein and those kind of colognes. This is the description of the scent of Van Gils Between Sheets. Between Sheets is a mixture of lavender and basil in combination with green gum rosin and refreshing citrus fruits such as grapefruit and lime. IMO a fresh scent and also a more heavy scent without being over powering. Test it out if you like those kind of colognes scents. Have used some BOSS EdT before and have been satisfied with them. There is one of the more popular that I have consider to try out which is Calvin Klein One. CK One is a unisex parfume and not a surprise cause of my interest in it is that`s citrus based scent in this too. So both for daily use but also suits when you go out at night. As with detailing products you get what you pay for. The Lanvin L`Homme Sport EdT and Van Gils Between Sheets is here in Sweden not so high of a price if you compare it to the CK One. So I have been set on these as I like them. But would maybe have 1 or 2 others from a different scent range. As you get used to the scents so you don`t smell them your self that much LOL.

What`s your all time favorite cologne?

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I think I`d like the one you mentioned, doesn`t look like any stores around me carry it though I like the characteristics of it so maybe I`ll take a leap and order it online. My favorite`s Issey Myake D`Issey Pour Homme. I use to love Ralph Lauren Silver Romance, but they stopped making it. I`ve learned though that what I like on me, and what females like on me don`t usually align. I`ve had a few that I thought sucked on me. But females reactions made me a fan lol. I saw Issey in the store today so I Googled it, and it seems to still be the same formula I bought like 20 years ago. I want to try Spicebomb from Viktor & Ralf.

Reading thru reviews on fragrantica.com I clearly don`t have the proper nose to dissect the layers of notes. I understand from what I was told ages ago sweeter and citrus`y ones are suppose to be for warmer months. And woody`s/spicy ones are for the winter. But what if you live in So Cal where a winter day will probably be 65-70 degrees? lol. And apparently there`s some sort of rules to what clothes you should have on for certain fragrances. I want to try Creed, but it`s over $300 a bottle. And I want to try Tom Ford Oud something or other, tobacco & leather notes? Sounds uber manly to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a bottle of Suavage for my wedding. Pricy but I like it. I have a few different ones I wear, based on occasion. D&G The One is my typical go to when going out. YSL Rive Gauche for something with more bite. Guerlain L’instant is great but I rarely wear it- reserved for formal occasions. Hugo is my daily wear cologne.

Used to wear Versace, pretty good stuff especially for summertime.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always loved products from Europe - they absolutely know how to make them and probably invented them anyway, right ??

My favorites - Luciano Soprani Uomo, - Italy, Pal Zileri, - Italy, Faconnable - France, Versace Man - Italy, Acqua Di Gio - Giorgio Armani - Italy, Trafalgar - Truefitt & Hill - England..
    All of these are delightful, have a lot of very complimenting notes, are not loaded up with alcohol, and last a long time..

My best day ever - Spending a couple hours at Nordstrom`s with their nice container of coffee beans, inhaling all their inventory in the Men`s Cologne Dept...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph Lauren Black is a favorite and I’ve also been wearing Chanel for Men since 1987. My wife buys me a bunch of different ones for Xmas and birthdays, but like my favorite compounds I usually just stick to two and the rest collect dust.

Post Thanks / Like

My goto fragrance is a little dab of Pinnacle Souveran here and there. It too drives the ladies wild with desire.
    Unfortunately their desire isn`t for me, not at all, but rather for a nice super shiny ride.
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, mumps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got me a bottle BOSS Soul just to step out of the comfort zone and I liked that for the heavy musk scent. Also BOSS Baldessarini was a great one but not as heavy as the Soul. They don`t have them to offer at anytime but they do comebacks in batches of them. Then I live in Sweden so we can have a different access to some brands and even certain products in them. I live outside of a little town which also where noticeble when shopping for cologne. Some products they don`t offers in the stores in smaller towns. So when I visits some bigger cities I often look at parfume shops. But mostly to smell different ones and then order them online as you often saves a lot of doing so LOL.

Looked up the Versace Pour Homme and that could also be something to my liking.

Have anyone else noticed and it`s not secret by those who sells it and many else. That different colognes suits your body than others? Even some of the well knowned colognes just don`t last as long on you that it can be doing on someone else. When I visits a parfume shop I smell them first on the stripes they spray it on. Then I chose those that I like the scents from and spray on the inside of the the underarm. And see how long they smells on me and also sometimes has a different smell than on the paper stripe. I try to do this and especially when it comes to the ones with a higher cost. IIRC it was a Lagerfeld cologne I tried this way and the scent only lasted a couple of hours. While the other one I tried I could smell some of it the day after. Can be worth trying some different families of scents to see both how it smells on you and how long they lasts on you.

Have been out of the Van Gils Between Sheets for a long time now as where I useally buys it have stopped selling that. Did find another store that had it so will be ordering it again. Maybe down the road I will try something else out. Since I been haveing a beard for a long time I don`t use aftershave LOL. So it`s cologne that I use.
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Thread Information