Post Thanks / Like

Product Review detailing related product

I purchased several (3) lint removal rollers to see which did the best job.

The winner by a lot was

Scotch-Brite Lint Roller Value Pack, 5 Rollers, 95 Sheets/Roller (475 Sheets Total) by Scotch-Brite
    It was purchased of Amazon and all the other looked like a wide masking tape roll.

This Scotchbrite product was white and the biggest performance differences were:

1. Much more lint removed per sheet, even loaded this still kept performing

2. Zero glue transfer. The others would leave some adhesive behind if the roller locked up or was slid sideways to remove something missed.
    Likes Coleroad, Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad, Oneheadlite, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review detailing related product

Well...I guess it`s good to see 3M still as a titan of American industry. Were they made in the USA?

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately is says Made in Mexico

I am all for buying American made products but its not always easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well...I guess it`s good to see 3M still as a titan of American industry. Were they made in the USA?

Post Thanks / Like

I find it a bit ironic when company states "Proudly designed in the USA", but it is made/manufactured overseas (mostly China).

The opposite is true for vehicles. A Toyota Camry is far more American-made than many GM counterparts to the "uninformed". Don`t get me started!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Don`t get me started!!
    Yeah, me either.

Post Thanks / Like

I also find it ironic how many people want "made in USA" but buy the cheapest available products.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know. I purchased 3 different product. This one was the best performing and ironically most expensive per sheet of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    I also find it ironic how many people want "made in USA" but buy the cheapest available products.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Unfortunately is says Made in Mexico

I am all for buying American made products but its not always easy to find.
    There are a lot of things manufactured in Mexico for over 10 years, including the 5.7L Hemi engine in my 2009 Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited..
    And in the 10 years I have owned this Jeep, driven it over 41k miles, on a zillion round trips from NorCal and the Pacific Northwest, 15-16 hours non stop at a time at highway speeds to Texas and back, in hail snow, sleet, dust, etc., this engine has Never had 1 issue... No leaks, no oil usage, no blips, no problems, it just keeps running perfectly...

I would always prefer to purchase things made in Mexico before any of the absolute crapola from China that has ruined Amazon Prime shopping for me, ever...

In my experiences with things from China, they are always going to be made -just-a-little-smaller-less-sturdy-won`t fit perfectly-will break-or-die-sooner...

I once saw a guy who purchased 6 NGK plugs for his Acura on Ebay; 3 of them fit, the other 3 did NOT fit because they were just a little wrong sized..
    He did more checking and found out the entire set was made in -where-?- China... Not Japan.. The box, the marking on the plugs, perfect - except for the parts...

I now pretty much dislike using Amazon Prime, etc., or shopping online anymore, because it seems like way over 90% of their products offered are made in China.. So sad..

I don`t have that experience with products made in Mexico so far..

BMW is going to build a big Plant in Mexico soon, so that should tell you how confident they are in using the people there to build some models of their vehicles.. And of course, that means a few thousand jobs for the people who will now have a great opportunity to get themselves out of their current situation and get to a better place, which is, what we all want to do, right ?

BMW is taking the time and effort to train these new employees on how to build ,with people from their other assembly plants in Germany, Austria, etc., so that they get what they want the first time..

If it is anything like Spartanburg, Greer, SC, it should be pretty self-sufficient with solar energy and waste and water recycling going on..

BMW almost 10 years ago, started making their own carbon fiber in a big plant they built on the way to Spokane WA., off of Hwy 90, in a little town called Moses Lake, WA..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Just so y’all know Chinese manufacturing can make products as well as anyone else. Maybe some of the best. The reason we see sh!tt& manufactured products is the company having products manufactured doesn’t want to pay for better tolerances for better prices.

Their manufacturing facilities can rival some of the nicest in the US. Don’t be mad were it’s made. Be mad at the company for not wanting to have it made right or even the consumer not wanting to pay for the quality.

Take griots for instance. Their polisher seemed to be universally loved and their made in China. It’s because the paid to have it maid well.

That being said yes i look for best quality and preferably made in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I equally stay away from built in Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana.....
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Thread Information