Post Thanks / Like

Water spots on top of coated vehicle.

Made a rookie mistake. Took advantage of getting out of work early today to wash the coated DD.

The brakes were hot so I washed the car first. Thinking the sun was down I let it wet and I guess the water left spots in the time it took to clean the wheels.

So how do I get these off without polishing the whole car ?

I really only see them when I am drying the car. Dragging the towel across the paint.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots on top of coated vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Made a rookie mistake. Took advantage of getting out of work early today to wash the coated DD.

The brakes were hot so I washed the car first. Thinking the sun was down I let it wet and I guess the water left spots in the time it took to clean the wheels.

So how do I get these off without polishing the whole car ?

I really only see them when I am drying the car. Dragging the towel across the paint.

Thanks
    You should be able to just rewash car or waterless wash from a 1 time event.

Usually bad water spots occur on a vehicle that sits where the moisture through evaporation cycle happens multiple time leaving a halos of mineral deposits when you run into tough issue like this and you do not want to use abrasive the best produce is opti MDR which is a mild acid that is designed for coated vehicle. It’s easy to use and is like washing with dawn very thick and foams so it clings. I think MDR and cittol266 are the most underrated detailing products on market.
    Likes TheMeanGreen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If simply rewashing doesn`t do the trick, I`ve had good luck with CarPro Spotless on my coated car.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Spotless, OPT MDR is also a good product, Distilled White Vinegar is the cheapest, RoMix Backset in extreme cases, and a secret product that I have found. The product works so well with fresh water spots, but I am not yet ready to share with the world what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the consumer level quick detail sprays work really well on water spots. TW ICE Spray wax works really well on waterspots for me (I know it sounds crazy). I have some piano black panels on one of my car that unless washing in the dark, you end up with water spots. The really hard ones I use Mother`s cleaner wax. Works even better than KAIO. I have yet to have to use an abrasive polish to remove them.

Post Thanks / Like

Do spotless have any foam action or is it thin and runny.

Post Thanks / Like

Try whatever detail spray you like while drying after you wash again. Also make the wash solution a little stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys thanks for the reply’s. I was able to get it out with some glass plus a cutting pad I had around and some elbow grease.

Quote Originally Posted by dmath View Post
    If simply rewashing doesn`t do the trick, I`ve had good luck with CarPro Spotless on my coated car.
    Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    You should be able to just rewash car or waterless wash from a 1 time event.

Usually bad water spots occur on a vehicle that sits where the moisture through evaporation cycle happens multiple time leaving a halos of mineral deposits when you run into tough issue like this and you do not want to use abrasive the best produce is opti MDR which is a mild acid that is designed for coated vehicle. It’s easy to use and is like washing with dawn very thick and foams so it clings. I think MDR and cittol266 are the most underrated detailing products on market.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    CarPro Spotless, OPT MDR is also a good product, Distilled White Vinegar is the cheapest, RoMix Backset in extreme cases, and a secret product that I have found. The product works so well with fresh water spots, but I am not yet ready to share with the world what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    A lot of the consumer level quick detail sprays work really well on water spots. TW ICE Spray wax works really well on waterspots for me (I know it sounds crazy). I have some piano black panels on one of my car that unless washing in the dark, you end up with water spots. The really hard ones I use Mother`s cleaner wax. Works even better than KAIO. I have yet to have to use an abrasive polish to remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Do spotless have any foam action or is it thin and runny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Try whatever detail spray you like while drying after you wash again. Also make the wash solution a little stronger.

Thread Information