Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Costco Membership

We`ve got a Costco opening up near us in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on if it`s worth it or not? We have a family of 4.....
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Tc99m thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Costco Membership

Been a Costco Executive Membership card holder for 17 years..

If your Costco is going to have a gasoline station, their price is always the lowest for a top tier gasoline; they only offer Regular and Premium, no Middle Grade..

They sell in bigger sizes so if you have a family of kids, this could be a good thing..

When I was married in WA., we shopped at the huge Costco located in the Costco Headquarters Campus, Issaquah, WA., so it had to be the nicest one and it was..

We had 2 refrigerators and a giant upright freezer, so spending $500 a trip was easy.. Her kids were big eaters..

They sell a lot of their own branded (Kirkland) products as well as name brands.

I have never had anything go bad with these people; they have a very generous Return Policy..

They have their own Pharmacy, Eye Doctor, Hearing Center, and a big tire shop that I believe is now doing some minor things like perhaps oil changes, etc..

You can also shop Online - costco.com, and get a lot of things delivered, sometimes, Free..

They also give discounts on a lot of things including insurance, travel, car rentals, cruises, etc., just a lot of things at discounts..

I personally Detailed a lot of their Costco Executives` German cars from that Headquarters Campus, at the German Repair Shop I worked out of, that was 2 blocks away from there..

These people who run Costco are really nice, very smart, and do A LOT of vetting and research before they sell anything or put their Kirkland brand name on it..

Costco is yet another very successful business venture from the same place (Seattle, WA) as Nordstrom`s, Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing, Amazon, Fluke, (testing equipment) etc., all started out from..

Dan F
    Likes Marine Clerk, BillE liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely worth it. You will save enough on normal household purchases to more than make up for the membership cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth it plus they have good microfiber towels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

For what I save just on gas here in CT, it`s well worth the price of membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    We`ve got a Costco opening up near us in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on if it`s worth it or not? We have a family of 4.....

Thanks for asking. One is opening a few miles down the street from me. Also, it is directly across the street from Sams. Which we are current Members.

Is Costco that much better than Sams? The main reason I ask, is for Gas. It is about 4.5 miles to the nearest gas station and only 2 miles to these locations. We do shop there for some items. With a family of 3 we don`t need to buy in bulk.

I guess the question is. If Membership cost the same. Is one really better than the other?

Post Thanks / Like

I buy very little from anything related to Walmart anymore. I no longer have a sams membership. If a Costco was closer to me I would get a membership in a heartbeat. There`s a reason why people stay employed with Costco. Voting for things with your pocketbook is pretty powerful. Wish I had been doing more of it my whole life.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who are considering purchasing (not leasing) a NEW vehicle, you can buy virtually any manufacturer`s (Sorry, no Ferrari!) vehicle through Costco. I talked with a neighbor about his Dodge Challenger GT-AWD, and that is what he did. He like the experience so much, their Subaru Forester was bought through their vehicle purchasing program. The Subaru purchase saved him about $3,000 from what he could get as a deal from the local Subaru dealership. That ain`t no chump change for the average new car buyer!!
    (Disclaimer: I am not a Costco member, but am a Sam`s Club member since they came to Green Bay WI)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in Canada, and the Costco gas is worth it all by itself. I tried their microfiber towels and honestly they`re the worst I have ever used. I use them now for really dirty "one time" jobs and in the trash they go...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I just signed up a couple weeks ago and wish I’d done it sooner. Just a family of two here, but still worth it. Won’t need to shop there every week, as it’s not the sorta place you can just buy enough stuff for dinner for 2 people for one night. But they have great prices on meat and frozen stuff, so I’m gonna buy a couple weeks worth at a time and supplement with the regular grocery store as needed.

Long story short, it might take a bit of effort, but the membership will definitely pay for itself.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

We`ve been members for a very long time and have used them everywhere we`ve lived. Even though we not very close to one we keep our membership despite only going a few times a year.

Things I like about it:

- Electronics department is MUCH better than Sams Club and you can actually score a good deal on mid-level TV`s. They tend to carry the "real" versions of the models and not the decontented versions with slightly different model numbers like you find at WalMart or Sams. They also automatically give you an extra year of waranty and have their own tech support service for stuff you buy from them.

- Great deals on tires if you watch closesly for the sales. They only sell Michelin and BF Goodrich tires, but they have a good variety with good sale prices. Their road hazard waranty is also really good and hassle free to use.

- Online shopping is good too. I`ve bought a couple computers and an iPad from them at a screaming deal. Unlike some places, Costco will have the sales established with the actual manufacturer. A couple of years ago I bought a Dell laptop for the Costco site. It was a commonly found model, but the configuration of faster processor, SSD drive size, and RAM was not available in any store and could not be custom configured directly through Dell. After ordering, the laptop shipped directly from Dell a few days later...not from a Costco warehouse or distribution center. Again, you have to watch for the sales as they don`t last more than a week or two.

- MF Towels of course.

- Food selection is pretty good, but highly localized.

- Gas is actually certified, "Top Tier" like many major brands and not simply the cheapest no-brand stuff they can negotiate from a local refinery like Sams or independant gas stations.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I always tell my wife I hate Costco. Why? Because I spend too much money there every time I go! They just have a way of thinking you need all the stuff in your cart even though you didn’t even know it existed before you walked by it

Like another said a avoid Walmart things at all costs.

Costco pays their employees a living wage. That’s important to me

No one mentioned the cakes. Come on man! The friggen cakes ! What a deal and so good.

Golf balls are nice but hard to get at times.

What about the gold margaritas pre made bottles !

They do good pricing on tires

I could go on

As far as the car buying deal goes. I attempted to use it last year shopping around when our lease was ending. It was for a Honda product. The guy calls me from the Costco partnered dealership (and the dealership I have used in the past) and tells me the price. So I shoot the breeze with him for a bit and says I’ll tell you what I can do (insert lower price ) for that it’s our internet price

So in my case it wasn’t always the best out of the box for the Costco price. Yes better than sticker but was still room to be had on it without trying to negotiate it

Definitely A membership worth having but take caution if you go in the store they will get money from you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The CEO of Costco uses a fold up card table as his desk, and regularly travels to the many different stores. I really like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Costco rules!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well worth it ! You get back the membership cost and then some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information