Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Costco Membership

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I always tell my wife I hate Costco. Why? Because I spend too much money there every time I go! They just have a way of thinking you need all the stuff in your cart even though you didn’t even know it existed before you walked by it

Like another said a avoid Walmart things at all costs.

Costco pays their employees a living wage. That’s important to me

No one mentioned the cakes. Come on man! The friggen cakes ! What a deal and so good.

Golf balls are nice but hard to get at times.

What about the gold margaritas pre made bottles !

They do good pricing on tires

I could go on

As far as the car buying deal goes. I attempted to use it last year shopping around when our lease was ending. It was for a Honda product. The guy calls me from the Costco partnered dealership (and the dealership I have used in the past) and tells me the price. So I shoot the breeze with him for a bit and says I’ll tell you what I can do (insert lower price ) for that it’s our internet price

So in my case it wasn’t always the best out of the box for the Costco price. Yes better than sticker but was still room to be had on it without trying to negotiate it

Definitely A membership worth having but take caution if you go in the store they will get money from you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The cakes are ridiculous. My wife`s (and mine) favorite. I believe they are $17.99 and come in at a whopping 9.5 lbs! Definitely will take care of any birthday or office party.

Also their meat is on a different planet than any other grocery chain. Prime beef prices are best anywhere and even the choice blows away anything you can get at a grocery store.

I`ve bought two sets of tires there and in both cases they were Bridgestones that were approx. $400 cheaper than Firestone Complete Auto (or any similar tire shop).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

We have memberships to both Costco and Sam’s Club (Sam’s is wife’s business perk and Costco used to be one of mine). Comparing the two stores, I’d end up at Costco every single time. My wife however likes Sam’s Club, go figure. My gut says Costco merchandise simply seems to be a step above Sam’s and I really do like their meat counter and bakery better, they make some in store Pizza’s that are top notch too. I have on rare occasion filled up at Costco but I’m a Chevron guy. That said, even without the fuel benefits I’m sure it saves us quite a bit over a years time. We do buy bulk and we keep a rotational food storage system going so the “have to buy in bulk” issue isn’t a negative for us.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    The cakes are ridiculous. My wife`s (and mine) favorite. I believe they are $17.99 and come in at a whopping 9.5 lbs! Definitely will take care of any birthday or office party.

Also their meat is on a different planet than any other grocery chain. Prime beef prices are best anywhere and even the choice blows away anything you can get at a grocery store.

I`ve bought two sets of tires there and in both cases they were Bridgestones that were approx. $400 cheaper than Firestone Complete Auto (or any similar tire shop).
    Boomdone !!!!
    YES ! The All American 5-Layer Chocolate Cake !!!! Nothing like it on the Planet !!! It IS absolutely the best cake I have ever had...
    I always had to buy the 2-box Kirkland Vanilla Ice Cream (which is in itself, an incredible flavor) to go with that enormous cake so we wouldn`t all OD on this incredible chocolate cake, and not finish our plates..

Last I looked they no longer have the Kirkland Brand Vanilla 2-pack but perhaps they were just out that day ???
    Yeah, if you are referring to this cake, I am so happy they still bake it..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

As a former Seattlelite, and now living in nowhere Minnesota with only a Sam`s semi near-by...I can only say, "I really miss Costco!"

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Thanks for asking. One is opening a few miles down the street from me. Also, it is directly across the street from Sams. Which we are current Members.

Is Costco that much better than Sams? The main reason I ask, is for Gas. It is about 4.5 miles to the nearest gas station and only 2 miles to these locations. We do shop there for some items. With a family of 3 we don`t need to buy in bulk.

I guess the question is. If Membership cost the same. Is one really better than the other?
    Tc99m --
    The Gasoline prices at the Costco I currently shop at is sometimes 15-20 cents lower than the average gas station.. Of course, since gasoline price varies on the oil market, this number can change BUT for sure it is Always much lower than that Arco or Shell at the corner over there..

And most Costco gas stations, if not all, open at 0600 hrs, and are open after the store is closed.. They also have really long hoses on those pump rows that are opposite of your filler, so you can easily park over there, and the hose will always reach the opposite side to reach your filler...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I calculate we save $170.00 a year per car on gasoline alone. we have 4 cars. So we save 680.00 just on gas as a family.
    The founder of Costco is a college baseball fan. He got a franchise in the West Coast Summer Collegiate League and has a team - Bellingham Bells. College baseball players from all over the country play in the league and he keeps a custom luxury bus for road games. He even gets players cars if they need them and gets families to host each player for free for the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes gas is great price and it’s Top Tier which is what Texaco uses. The one buy my work is servicing Regular fuel tank so instead of inconveniencing customers thecare selling premium at regular prices.

Bought my quick jack their for $999. $250 cheaper than anyone else.

The meat is an awesome deal and the sea food is top notch

Lastly a hot dog and a coke for a $1.50.

Costco Membership Costco Membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Boomdone !!!!
    YES ! The All American 5-Layer Chocolate Cake !!!! Nothing like it on the Planet !!! It IS absolutely the best cake I have ever had...
    I always had to buy the 2-box Kirkland Vanilla Ice Cream (which is in itself, an incredible flavor) to go with that enormous cake so we wouldn`t all OD on this incredible chocolate cake, and not finish our plates..

Last I looked they no longer have the Kirkland Brand Vanilla 2-pack but perhaps they were just out that day ???
    Yeah, if you are referring to this cake, I am so happy they still bake it..
    Dan F
    Sad FYI - as of last week they stopped making that cake in my area (southern Connecticut). Not sure if that`s everywhere but get one while you can, just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like Costco but one thing that drives me crazy is how they giveth and take away. I`ve fallen in love with several products never to see them on the shelves again. I split my membership with parents and it works out well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like Costco but one thing that drives me crazy is how they giveth and take away. I`ve fallen in love with several products never to see them on the shelves again. I split my membership with parents and it works out well.
    Dan,
    It took me awhile to figure out that Costco ALWAYS moves their Inventory to different places in that giant warehouse, just so one has to go - Look - for them and then be exposed to other delightful things that you might decide to purchase..

I am pretty bummed to hear that that awesome 5-layer behemoth Chocolate/Fudge Cake is not available in some places, that I may have to take a day off from already being off, and try to process this..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Costco is fantastic. Since moving to Wisconsin last year, the closest Costco is 75 miles away. We`ve kept our membership and still go, though less often than when we lived much closer to the store in Florida. As others have mentioned, they are great for tires and most of their Kirkland branded products are very good. Got an amazing deals on the cabinets I put in my garage and out patio furniture. And if you make large purchases like those, the 2% bonus you get with the executive membership quickly pays you back.

Post Thanks / Like

Tc99m --
    The Gasoline prices at the Costco I currently shop at is sometimes 15-20 cents lower than the average gas station.. Of course, since gasoline price varies on the oil market, this number can change BUT for sure it is Always much lower than that Arco or Shell at the corner over there..

And most Costco gas stations, if not all, open at 0600 hrs, and are open after the store is closed.. They also have really long hoses on those pump rows that are opposite of your filler, so you can easily park over there, and the hose will always reach the opposite side to reach your filler...
    Dan F
    In my area Sams is usually Cheaper than the local gas Stations. BJ`s (yes we have a BJ`s too) is usally cheaper than Sams. But I`m not driving 7 miles just to save a few cents. Our Sam`s membership expires next month so we may just switch to Costoco just for a change of pace. I am curious to see if Sams does anything to keep from losing members. The gas station for each are truely across the street from each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    It took me awhile to figure out that Costco ALWAYS moves their Inventory to different places in that giant warehouse, just so one has to go - Look - for them and then be exposed to other delightful things that you might decide to purchase..

I am pretty bummed to hear that that awesome 5-layer behemoth Chocolate/Fudge Cake is not available in some places, that I may have to take a day off from already being off, and try to process this..

Dan F
    Indeed they do move some things around but in many cases things just disappear, the most frustrating ones are food items. For example they had this really great instant Pho soup and replaced it with a house brand that isn`t anywhere as good. They also used to sell Megs Gold Class car wash and replaced it with an obviously cloned bottle by TW or someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    In my area Sams is usually Cheaper than the local gas Stations. BJ`s (yes we have a BJ`s too) is usally cheaper than Sams. But I`m not driving 7 miles just to save a few cents. Our Sam`s membership expires next month so we may just switch to Costoco just for a change of pace. I am curious to see if Sams does anything to keep from losing members. The gas station for each are truely across the street from each other.
    Sam`s has really upped their game in the last 5 or so years but it still isn`t on par with Costco. The nice thing is ours is always empty when our Costco is crazy full of people. They even line up before it opens....

Post Thanks / Like

Costco I put a step up from Sams. 8-10% markup with low overhead. Plus, they pay their people more the Sams.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco#Sales_model

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information