Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Ron... You Will Be MISSED

I was very sad to hear about Ron`s Passing. Ron was just an awesome person and friend.......

I met Ron online at the Forums at TID (Truth in Detailing) in the early 2000`s and was paired up with Ron in 2005 at a Poorboy`s detail event in Nyack, NY (First time we met live) when I signed up to learn how to machine polish. I had just leased a black 2005 M35X and was miserable with all the micro marring.

Ron lent me his flex DA and stood over me showing me the ropes. I ended up getting the whole car done just as we lost the sun that day. Since then Ron and I kept in touch by text and spoke a few times a month. We shared a love of Detailing, food, cars, Real Estate, BMW`s, Vette`s, and family.

To Steve, and Angelo, Ron told me what a great and local support system you both have been and you should know he really appreciated it.

I had last spoken to Ron on July 19th and he was in the hospital having a tough time. It was the first time he did not want to talk about "stuff" Cars, the weather, family, health or anything. I told my wife I felt funny about that conversation when I hung up, but I sure didn`t think it was gong to be our last conversation. I will miss him for his sense of humor, outlook on politics, life and family. I will never forget the kindness he showed me some 15 years ago.

I will miss my friend and wish his Family the strength they need to make sense and deal with Ron`s passing.

To Ron- Buddy I sure hope your up there looking down on this a seeing how many people`s lives you touched in the most positive of ways ! Now that your free of the pain and exhaustion I know you will be out there wasting more detail products in the SKY!

I`ll miss you friend and will think of you often.
    Thanks Stokdgs, Coleroad, lloydrm, jtford95, SWETM and 3 others thanked for this post
    Dislikes lloydrm disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ron... You Will Be MISSED

This is very sad news. My condolences to his family
    Likes JSFM35X, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stunned-shocked- no words. Ron fought the good fight. He left and indelible impression on me through out my time emailing him over on the Corvette Forum with the silliness. Moments will be treasured. To all Ron`s family and friends my sincere condolences. You will be sadly missed but fondly remembered. Godspeed
    Likes JSFM35X, Stokdgs, Diner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to hear of Ron`s passing. My thoughts and prayers to all his family, friends and autopians.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m very sorry to hear this! Never got to meet him, but enjoyed many funny conversations over the web. My best to his family and friends.

Post Thanks / Like

A cornerstone to this community, my thoughts and prayers for him and his family
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Ron. You will be missed. Hope to meet you in person someday at the biggest detail fest ever up there.
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ave atque vale big guy... see you on the other side

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... this explains a lot… I come over to sarasota about 3 times a year to see a friend, and I usually have lunch with Ron. But for the last 3 months he didn’t answer any emails… He was an amazing guy… We were both on the Corvette forum where I met him, and every time we got together he was giving me several different products and not in the sample size, but full bottles. He gave me my first bottle of TAC tire coating and the carpro essence. He will be missed…

His 1st c7 and my Camaro:
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t know him like a lot of you did, but his passions were detailing and food. Nobody who live those 2 things can be anything but an amazing person. He`s pain free and in a better place, and has access to products we couldn`t even dream about. An amazing member on here recently sent me a bottle of Overcoat v3. I will wash my roommates car tomorrow and use Overcoat in his memory. Even not knowing him, with his interests and how helpful he was, I`m sure we would have gotten along great. Detailers are a rare breed, nice, helpful and often times beyond generous.

My condolences to his family and everyone on here who actually knew him, he sounds like he was an exemplary human being.
    Likes Stokdgs, 65chevy, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t even know where to begin. I have known Ron for many years and he was an awesome person to know.
    He always had an upbeat attitude and he was a great human being. Knowing him touched and changed my life.

We would sit and talk at every DetailFest and he was a awesome member of the detailing community!
    Recently I had the honor of going to his home with Mike Phillips and we all had fun detailing his Vette.

This is very sad news. Ron you will be missed by myself and all the folks that had the pleasure to know you.

My deepest condolences to your family. A great person has left this earth. Be at peace my friend. Shine on!

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Stokdgs, RPPM, bob m, custmsprty, 65chevy and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron left behind so many great memories with so many different people. That`s a real testament to the kind of man Ron is. To touch so many people in such positive ways. Ron sharing his fight so openly here with us. was not only therapeutic for Ron, but for all of us. He didn`t have to be so open , but he did anyway. He`s showed by example how face tragic circumstances in a positive way. Ron`s strength and kindness is a pillar for the rest of our lives to continue to lean on as an example.

Ron and I had a few deeply personal pm`s. I thank him for those conversations

i hope and and pray his family finds comfort in in all of those great memories he helped create.
    Likes Stokdgs, custmsprty, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron - thanks for always being a source of info and wit, and sometimes some hard truths.

You will be missed! Condolences to Ron`s Family, Friends, and fellow Autopians.

Post Thanks / Like

I will miss his photos of the car shows he attended.
    In memory to Ron I would like to post a poem my Mother had found in a local newspaper`s "Writer`s Corner" many years ago that I think aptly fits Ron.

When I Come to End of My Journey
    By Mrs. Lyman Hancock
    (from the Green Bay Press-Gazette Writer’s Corner; Date unknown)

When I come to the end of my journey and I travel my last weary mile,
    Just forget, if you can, that I frowned and remember only the smile.
    Forget unkind words I have spoken; remember the good I have done.
    Forget that I ever had heartache and remember I’ve had loads of fun.
    Forget that I have stumbled and blundered and sometimes fell by the way.
    Remember that I have fought some hard battles and won at the close of the day.
    Then forget to grieve for my going.
    I would not have you sad for a day, but in the summer just gather some flowers
    And remember the place that I lay,
    and come in the shade of the evening when the sun paints the sky in the West.
    Stand for a few moments beside me and remember only my best.
    GB detailer
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Jaddie, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My goodness, I didn`t expect this to happen. I thought he was on top of it. I`ve been busy with other stuff and haven`t checked in here in a couple of weeks.

I`m going to miss Ron. He was a huge contributor here, such an awesome source of knowledge and kindness. I`m so sorry he`s gone.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information