Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0% Oil life!!!

Post Thanks / Like

0% Oil life!!!

Whaddya do with a rental car that says "Change oil soon" and shows 0% Oil Life remaining?

Well, ya haul it up (and down) a 4600 ft mountain of course!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 0% Oil life!!!

I thought the same thing at the Grand Canyon, crazy people walking out on rocks and ledges. Looks like a fun day out.

go up another 2,500 feet and you are at my house.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    go up another 2,500 feet and you are at my house.
    Hopefully your driveway is less fear-inducing than roads like this. I hate stuff like this but am compelled to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- As somebody who really *likes* heights (and yeah, my wife thinks I`m crazy), I appreciate your sharing the great pix with us

Post Thanks / Like

0% Oil life!!! 0% Oil life!!! 0% Oil life!!! 4600 ft

You need to come out and see the Rockies man, as coleroad said you got a ways to go to get to ours. Mine isn’t quite what he is at but still. Youd be out of breath if you tried jogging out here. Air is thin but Man is it crisp and clear, well not Denver but CASPER is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As a Colorado native I had to chuckle at those pictures as well. Last summer I went home and took a drive with my Dad over Trail Ridge Pass which tops out around 12K feet above sea level. I was a bit winded not to mention cold since the temps were a good 25 degrees colder at the summit. Those roads and the barriers don`t look all that bad. I looked at them and started day dreaming about how fun they would be to drive enthusiastically.

Back to the oil change comment: While it is a rental car and it is simply saying the car needs an oil change, I`ve used the service warnings as an excuse to get swapped into a better car. By telling the rental place you don`t want to drive a car with a warning light on, they usuallly put you in what ever is available at or better than what you reserved. Most of the time better.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    As a Colorado native I had to chuckle at those pictures as well. Last summer I went home and took a drive with my Dad over Trail Ridge Pass which tops out around 12K feet above sea level. I was a bit winded not to mention cold since the temps were a good 25 degrees colder at the summit. Those roads and the barriers don`t look all that bad. I looked at them and started day dreaming about how fun they would be to drive enthusiastically.
    Fear of heights is a weird thing, never had it as a kid but one day on top of a water tower in New Jersey, realized that I really didn`t like high places anymore. Even after developing the fear, had no problem jumping out of an airplane but I guess since you`re `supposed to fall` in that situation it was no big deal.

I remember driving up the the winding Haleakala Crater Road leading to the summit of Haleakala on Maui and being uncomfortable as well. Somehow going up seems more unsettling than going down...dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Back to the oil change comment: While it is a rental car and it is simply saying the car needs an oil change, I`ve used the service warnings as an excuse to get swapped into a better car. By telling the rental place you don`t want to drive a car with a warning light on, they usuallly put you in what ever is available at or better than what you reserved. Most of the time better.
    For this odyssey, we had rented the biggest, black Cadillac they had so the upgrade woulda been into something like an Escalade...which I woulda promptly run into everything around every time I tried to park it. I tend to do better in smaller cars, parking assist technology or not. Know thyself...
    0% Oil life!!!-rental.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    For this odyssey, we had rented the biggest, black Cadillac they had so the upgrade woulda been into something like an Escalade...which I woulda promptly run into everything around every time I tried to park it. I tend to do better in smaller cars, parking assist technology or not. Know thyself...
    Good call. On the same trip I mentioned with my Dad, there were several instances on that mountain pass where there was a tourist family in some rented behemoth SUV which was wider than the lane in some places. Those vehicles are the last thing you want on those roads and they were a danger to themselves and others around them. They had no idea how to handle the vehicle in that situation.

Not saying you don`t know what you`re doing, but it is far more relaxing to have the right tool for the situation.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Snakes and Heights for me as the old saying goes.Why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane.Looks like you had fun

Post Thanks / Like

I always hit the reset button first so I don’t feel guilty looking at the change oil light. ������. Definitely a beautiful place to visit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Snakes and Heights for me as the old saying goes.Why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane.Looks like you had fun
    Snakes you say? Well, had one surprise me at our doorstep when i bent down to pick up (another) delivered package:
    0% Oil life!!!-snake1.jpg

Also have one that likes to spend the winter in our pool heater:
    0% Oil life!!!-snake2.jpg

Maybe they`re waiting for the chickens that came wandering through our yard last Friday. Apparently a recently moved-in new neighbor keeps a few chickens in their back yard and likes to let them out every now and again.
    0% Oil life!!!-chick.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- Heh heh, hope those chickens don`t, uhm...change your morning routine!

Post Thanks / Like

Budget - stop posting that snake photo! I`m begging you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1- Heh heh, hope those chickens don`t, uhm...change your morning routine!
    Hope he gets a couple of eggs for the trouble with noice when they pass by the garden LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Hope he gets a couple of eggs for the trouble with noice when they pass by the garden LOL.
    Chickens wandering around my yard quietly is an interesting occurrence, it beats the herd of Wild Turkeys that lives in our ravine; stunningly stupid animals that go bananas when it thunders.

Chickens wandering around my yard making plenty of noise in the morning will likely result in them getting a full wash with Gyeon Foam and CarPro Reset, then a nice BigBoi air-dry and topping of Overcoat or Cosmic Spritz. While they`ll be the spiffiest chickens around, guessing the procedure will be unpleasant enough that they`ll keep their distance. Worst case scenario is I go old school and clay them with a clay bar using VERY little lube.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information