Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: On the plus side...

We get manatees in the canal out back too, which is really cool. And then there`s this.

On the plus side...-fb_img_1562090663918.jpg

The wildlife encounters here in Florida are definitely different than I was used to from Oregon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a big one! My wife would die if she saw that one. She is terrified of any kind of snake. I’m the type if they don’t bother me, I won’t bother them! The warm (hot) weather is bringing out the rattlesnakes around here. Lots of dead ones on the roads.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I had iguanas as a kid.

rlmccarty2000- Woah, rattlers are a different story, sure glad we don`t have those in our area, we`d have to get different ammo and do some things a little differently.

I gotta give Accumulatorette credit, she has no issues with such stuff. Grabs rodents by their tails, grabs the snakes same as I do. She`s actually better with birds than I am, seems that she knows how to handle `em properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That’s a big one! My wife would die if she saw that one. She is terrified of any kind of snake. I’m the type if they don’t bother me, I won’t bother them! The warm (hot) weather is bringing out the rattlesnakes around here. Lots of dead ones on the roads.
    A rattlesnake would be a different situation entirely. If we had frequent visits from dangerous stuff I`d be outta this neighborhood in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that where he got to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    Is that where he got to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quite the trek from Jersey but you never know; every now and again you hear about a dog or cat that found its owners hundreds of miles away, why not snakes?

Maybe he`s just on a Summer road trip and will be heading back East soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, snakes might be plotting `serpents` after all: https://boredomtherapy.com/sleeping-with-snake/

It`s on the Internet...it must be true!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing unmanly about being startled by that thing. A few years ago, I found a MUCH smaller snake than that in my office one morning (we lived in Florida at the time). I closed the door and got one of the biologists down the hall to deal with it. Now that`s unmanly (and I don`t care).
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have to tell Yal about this
    I have 2 12x28 sheds side by side about 8’ apart
    2 days ago I was standing between them in flip flops about 1 foot from 1 of the sheds talking on phone (sheds are sitting on 8” blocks)
    Finished talking, put phone back in case (case was attached to belt)
    Was still looking down, all of a sudden a frog jumped out from underneath and a big black snake 6” behind the frog and 6” from my foot
    I jumped up and forward, then turned around and the snake had went back underneath the shed
    you talking bout getting the $hit scared out of you!! It all happened in about 2 seconds
    I think I scared the snake as much as he scared me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    2 years ago we saw the tail of a 1 foot black snake slither outta the hallway and into a spare bedroom. Tore the room apart and could not find snake, a bit disconcerting to my wife. Found it scooting across the kitchen floor about a month later and grabbed it to put it back outside. Kinda curious what it was eating for that month.
    As with many country boy my buddies and I liked to find lots of pets while in the woods. Somehow he ended up with a small Boa. It disappeared. Like normally he figures one of his brothers or mom lost/got rid of it. About 6 months or so later it was considerably bigger and fell through the ceiling into the middle of the floor. Thinking back the family realized they hadn’t had a single sighting of ants or rodents in the past months. Which was abnormal. Nevertheless the family put a stop to us bringing our pets inside the house...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
    As with many country boy my buddies and I liked to find lots of pets while in the woods. Somehow he ended up with a small Boa. It disappeared. Like normally he figures one of his brothers or mom lost/got rid of it. About 6 months or so later it was considerably bigger and fell through the ceiling into the middle of the floor. Thinking back the family realized they hadn’t had a single sighting of ants or rodents in the past months. Which was abnormal. Nevertheless the family put a stop to us bringing our pets inside the house...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An incident like that (snake falling thru ceiling) would mentally trouble me for a long, long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Dozerboy- Hey, I loved reading that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information