Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you care about freedom of speech..

My politics are not hard to one side or the other but were at a point where journalists are being attacked openly in the streets by masked individuals. This is a problem, Period. This Journalist does not share my particular politics but I donated simply because this is outright fascism and should not be tolerated at ANY level. Seeing this, this morning made my stomach churn, it`s just not right.

Link removed, solicitation of any type is not allowed on Autopia.

Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8981331.html

He now apparently has brain hemorrhaging due to how badly he was beaten.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you care about freedom of speech..

We still have a problem with the current administration not sanctioning Saudi Arabia for the kidnapping and murder of journalist Khashoggi. From our president’s perspective the money we get from the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia is worth much more than one mans life. Reprehensible.
    Likes Old Pirate, lloydrm liked this post
    Dislikes Bobh591 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We still have a problem with the current administration not sanctioning Saudi Arabia for the kidnapping and murder of journalist Khashoggi. From our president’s perspective the money we get from the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia is worth much more than one mans life. Reprehensible.
    Political violence is shameful anywhere.

Are the action`s not taken by the current admin shameful yes, was Jamal a US citizen, NO, was the act committed on US soil, NO. Jamal K, didn`t deserve what happened to him, he died fighting for beliefs.

I`m concerned about political violence here, what goes on here in the united states, not in foreign affairs.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Violence is shameful period, not just physical violence but all forms of it. It indicates an abdication of Reason and a return to the Law of the Jungle. Humans oughta be better than that.
    Likes The Driver, Dan, nickclark08, lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Antifa amost seem like a protected group by some people.

I believe the current administration would have taken care of the Antifa problem

If not obstructed by far to my people.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Amigo !
    So, you talk to the President, and he told you this is HIS perspective ?
    Dan F

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m staying away from this one........
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Amigo !
    So, you talk to the President, and he told you this is HIS perspective ?
    Dan F
    Pretty much verbatim from a Trump interview. He said if we don’t take Saudi Arabia’s money for arms that China or Russia would.

Post Thanks / Like

Antifa shouldn`t be a "problem". That`s just the latest version of those who battle monsters becoming monsters themselves.

Taken literally, "Anti-Fascism" oughta be commendable in the nation that led the fight against a few versions of Fascism seventy-some years ago.
    Likes nickclark08, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the current group of people calling themselves Antifa

Have nothing in common with the people who fought against the fascists in WW2

I would say they have more in common with the fascists themselves
    Likes RPPM, RMD, trashmanssd, The Driver, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks Dozerboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lol second post in and it’s already Trumps fault.

It a good thing I have no reason to go to Portland. What kind of POSs let that happen to there town. I guess the sane people have left there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When a person behaves badly it`s due to personal moral forfeit regardless of the precipitating circumstances.

NO, I don`t expect people to "just get over it", whatever "it" is, but I do expect people to act civilized. All this anger and outrage and bad behavior (on both sides of most any aisle) is just ridiculous coming from adults in a presumably advanced culture during peacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong66
    I would say the current group of people calling themselves Antifa... have more in common with the fascists themselves
    The ol` Orwellian NewSpeak, huh?!?

Just like the Politically Correct movement, another initially good idea gone horribly, rabidly, rogue (says this guy who taught at a State U during the birth of that whole mess ).

I wish people were driving that point home, like...exclusively. IMO, focusing on anything else about the movement just greases their wheels.

Good ideas get hijacked and twisted by people with, uhm...agendas.
    Likes The Driver liked this post
    Thanks The Driver thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much verbatim from a Trump interview. He said if we don’t take Saudi Arabia’s money for arms that China or Russia would.
    Strange that your moral indignation arises not about the repression of free speech in america but an act committed overseas in Saudi Arabia? Trump derangement syndrome at its finest.

This is 1984 - you are free to say want you want as long as you so what i want you to say......
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Antifa shouldn`t be a "problem". That`s just the latest version of those who battle monsters becoming monsters themselves.

Taken literally, "Anti-Fascism" oughta be commendable in the nation that led the fight against a few versions of Fascism seventy-some years ago.
    Who`s for fascism? This is ridiculous argument used to shut down opposing speech, point, blank, period. While acting out and supporting fascists tatics and philosophies.... Its peak clown world and antifa is garage.

Ill call myself anti you name it and then perpetuate what im against.... you dont see the hypocrisy? Im anitgun but will use a gun to defend myself, im anti-oppression while oppressing....
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I figure Autopians generally skew conservative, with a few notable exceptions. Some of those exceptions strike me as being quite left-wing, but I`d bet my bottom dollar they`re not going around trashing other people`s stuff (let alone other people) just for disagreeing with them. I figure that Detailers need to be temperamentally disinclined towards acting out and more inclined to finding genuine, functional, solutions to problems instead.

Whether justified or not, reasonable or not, rationalizing or projecting, or [INSERT your own view here]..there are a lot of scared, angry, frustrated people who don`t know how to address their fears or what to do with that anger and frustration, and they`re not gonna just shut up and go away. Ridiculing them serves no functional purpose and is often downright counterproductive.

There is/was (haven`t seen her posting recently?) a member here who identified as Antifa. She always seemed like a bright, nice, and reasonable person and I enjoyed her being a fellow Autopian. She certainly was *not* the sort who would ridicule or throw [stuff] at people because they disagree with her, let alone trash their belongings. When she expressed fear over interactions with LEOs based on her being Antifa I tried to engage her about it (I`ve known plenty of LEOs, both good and bad) but didn`t get any traction. I don`t know her experiences so I can`t say whether her fears are justified or not. But sigh...I sorta got the feeling she thought I was just setting her up for some pro-LE argument Can`t judge her for that either, I bet it`s happened more often than not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information