Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you care about freedom of speech..

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
    It a good thing I have no reason to go to Portland. What kind of POSs let that happen to there town. I guess the sane people have left there.
    Preventing such incidents is probably a lot easier said than done when irate groups are itchin` for a fight.

IMO, if anybody`s a "POS" it`s the people who were misbehaving towards others, not the Local Govt. who had the mess happen in their backyard. I wish somebody from that area would chime in with a more local viewpoint.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats happening in this country is the result of DECADES of EXTREMELY poor leadership- predominately in the home.
    Likes The Driver, Stokdgs, grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Acc is exactly right, I`m actually more left than right and I can tell you Antifa is the new Orwellian doublespeak. They have become the monster they were supposedly fighting. Quite sad actually.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Preventing such incidents is probably a lot easier said than done when irate groups are itchin` for a fight.
    Unfortunately, this isn`t a debate anymore, the mayor is actively pushing for results like this. I do find it beyond damning when the mayor also doubles as the police commissioner.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you care about freedom of speech..

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Unfortunately, this isn`t a debate anymore, the mayor is actively pushing for results like this. I do find it beyond damning when the mayor also doubles as the police commissioner.
    Yep. The mayor was/is backing this behavior and the citizens aint beating down the door to make it stop.

We had a similar circumstance during occupy Wall Street movement. The difference is the citizens didn’t put up with it. If we would have I guarantee we would be having large issues with antifa as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Unfortunately, this isn`t a debate anymore, the mayor is actively pushing for results like this..
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerboy
    Yep. The mayor was/is backing this behavior..
    I didn`t read that in the linked article and haven`t followed it enough to know any more than was in that link. If so, then sure that`s deplorable (gee, did Mrs. Clinton ruin that word? Hope not..) but I dunno, it just sounds...off. (Generally, unless I was *there* I hesitate to make assumptions.)

What mayor *WANTS* disturbances, bad press, and violence in his community? "I`m the mayor who can`t keep peace in my city and who welcomes violent disturbances!" doesn`t sound like a reelection slogan and I knee-jerk towards expecting politicians to at least do the CYA thing with regard to how they look in the press.

But I still think the real problem is with the people who were mixing it up. Like, to paraphrase something we said in the 60s, "what if they held a [protest] and nobody showed up?" (I`m assuming they had the requisite permits.)

What kind of person *wants* to engage in that sort of confrontation with *anybody* over *anything*? What`s the (functional) point? Think you`re gonna change the other side`s view? Think you`ll win support for your cause among those whose opinions (really) matter?

Or, is it just a case of frustrated [individuals] trying to bring (the illusion of) purpose into their empty lives? Think everybody who showed up for that did their chores and fulfilled their various responsibilities before putting on their Angry Person Costumes and going off a-rioting?

Of course it`s wrong for anyone to attack a journalist covering a news event. But then, it`s wrong to attack *ANYBODY* just for holding views you don`t agree with, or for any other reason besides self-defense. It`s wrong to invade somebody`s personal space and shout at them. It`s wrong to merely be rude and inconsiderate. Any form of disagreement beyond reasoned discourse is wrong. What the [expletive] is wrong with people? Why aren`t adults held to the same standard of behavior as a four year old?

Woo-hoo, I sure got my rant on, huh?

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Antifa shouldn`t be a "problem". That`s just the latest version of those who battle monsters becoming monsters themselves.

Taken literally, "Anti-Fascism" oughta be commendable in the nation that led the fight against a few versions of Fascism seventy-some years ago.
    When a group of people wear masks and shout down, and physically assaults those they disagree with they are hardly antifa. More like profa.
    As far as them battling monsters, with a few exceptions they seem to go after fairly mainstream individuals who are simply a little right of center. They`ve even gone after people left of center, just not left enough for them.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nutbread- Agree completely! (Even though it might not have sounded like it.)

I figure that many people of good intent in the AntiFa movement are being duped by those [individuals] with a less-than-savory agenda. I question what that agenda *really* is...I can`t help but suspect they`re just looking to [misbehave] and see identifying as AntiFa as a means of getting away with it. How can they possibly think they`re gonna "fix the ills of society" (as they claim to see them) by rioting and attacking people?!? Calling the opposition "Fascist" or "Racist" strikes me as just a ploy to make it harder for anybody to criticize that bad behavior.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Nutbread- Agree completely! (Even though it might not have sounded like it.)

I figure that many people of good intent in the AntiFa movement are being duped by those [individuals] with a less-than-savory agenda. I question what that agenda *really* is...I can`t help but suspect they`re just looking to [misbehave] and see identifying as AntiFa as a means of getting away with it. How can they possibly think they`re gonna "fix the ills of society" (as they claim to see them) by rioting and attacking people?!? Calling the opposition "Fascist" or "Racist" strikes me as just a ploy to make it harder for anybody to criticize that bad behavior.
    These people really have no reason to protest except to gang up on anyone who is not one of them..

From the youtube videos out there showing these - Cowards -, they appear to be nothing more than little weak people hiding behind masks, so they can bully anyone who is not of their kind.. So they have to bring big sticks, bear spray, bottles, bricks, rocks, etc., and then sneak up on people and pummel them..

In a few Y/T videos, these little cowardly people have run smack into people that have handed them their butts, and that is probably the only thing that is going to snap them out of this just terrible behavior..

I think they do this destruction to property and people because they know they can get away with it.. If they knew that starting it would be hazardous to their health, they might not want to be doing this any longer..

It is not really or has ever been about any kind of injustice, etc., it has to me, always been about cowards in large groups, causing much property damage, etc., and taking advantage of as few innocent people as possible, so they could claim a "victory"... How sad...

A good butt kicking usually snaps most people out of bad behavior, if they finally realize that is the end result every time they come out with their little masks and sticks..

Dan F
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- Heh heh, you and I have been down this road before and we always end up agreeing to (amicably) disagree. And I`m pretty sure that if the AntiFa folks (or any other group) came to *our* towns, neither you nor I would leave home and family to go mix it up with them.

I`ll sure agree that it`s just *so* appealing to fight fire with fire and hand those [individuals] their [rearends], so...TEMPTING! But, sigh...we of the Good Tribe are supposed to be better than that. As a certain Nazarene said, we`re supposed to repay evil with good instead of with more evil.

Instead of making those..[individuals]..fear getting beaten, I`d rather we make `em fear long-term incarceration. If they knew they were gonna be doing serious hard time in a real penal institution perhaps that would deter them. And if not, at least we`d be removing them from our (hopefully otherwise peaceful) society.

These people really have no reason to protest except to gang up on anyone who is not one of them..
    I won`t say that [any group] has no reason to protest, even if I don`t agree with them that`s not my call; I`m not in a demographic that feels disenfranchised, feels that US Society writ large has betrayed me. But I can`t imagine that they genuinely think they`re gonna fix society`s presumed ills by rioting in the street and attacking people. I always suspect that they`re just throwing tantrums to fill some void in their lives, but eh...I don`t really know.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano Accumulator` --
    Totally agree with your comment the Savior said - " we are supposed to repay evil with good instead or more evil"
    And "forgive our brother 70 times 7"...

And then read Hosea 8:7 - "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind...

Long term incarceration will certainly take care of the "intervention/de-programming, etc.." any man(?)bun cowardly coward will ever want to learn about.. I like that idea a lot !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- Per usual, you and I end up on ore-or-less the same page, if not necessarily the exact same chapter and verse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information