Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paul Dalton selling business? Or has he just lost it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Or he could just be having a sh*tty time right now and be mad that people whom he thought would be loyal because of a perceived relationship, that wasn`t actually there?

Guys obviously having a tough time, give him a break. Were all human.
    The internet never rests.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, never fails to disappoint.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just saw he was rushed to the hospital on Tuesday. Not sure for what but they said he will be fine. I know he has breathing issues.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember years ago that he was doing high end (scammish) details where he`d hand rub waxes into the paint. He always came off to me as someone who was a slick talker who knew how to rub egos of people who had more money than brains. Could just be a case of karma.
    Likes Ron Ketcham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I remember years ago that he was doing high end (scammish) details where he`d hand rub waxes into the paint. He always came off to me as someone who was a slick talker who knew how to rub egos of people who had more money than brains. Could just be a case of karma.
    I hardly think he was the only one doing the "hand waxing" at the time, that was a thing for a while. I also remembering him deserving more credit than you give him as a detailer...as far as "slick talking" you`ve at least got to be slick enough to win the confidence of someone who is going to let you touch their $200,000 to $1,000,000+ car.

But what do I know, I never have really followed his career, I`m just going from what I remember when he used to post on here a decade or more ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve always wanted to give the “hand rubbed” method a try, but I always thought it would be a waste of wax. Seems like it would be hard to apply thin. Who knows, maybe one day.

I hope the guy guy gets better. Mental health problems effect everyone around him. Diagnosis and treatment in the US is not a priority. We use jail as mental health facilities and that is just not right. Would you lock up someone with cancer? People with mental health problems have just as much control as a cancer patient, but we have much more sympathy for the cancer patient. The VA has thousands of open positions for mental health professionals. It’s an area of crisis in our society.
    Likes r.a.m., DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saw him first on 5th gear years ago using Zymol by hand. Gotta give him credit though, not only a top shelf detailer, but excellent at marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Some waxes are supposed to be done (literally) by-hand. IIRC the idea relates to heat softening the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Some waxes are supposed to be done (literally) by-hand. IIRC the idea relates to heat softening the wax.
    Catalyses: enables it to become a soft wax.

How far catalysis is utilised beyond vocabulary is unknown.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Well that`s a good thing because that would be Jimmy Page.
    My Bad. I was thinking Roger Daultry and The Who. (Not even CLOSE, Captain Obvious!)

Hand wax application MIGHT be good because of the softening of the wax from body heat, but if a detailer`s hands are like mine, they get pretty rough from use associated with"normal" detailing tasks (No, it is rare that I wear nitrile glove). On the other hand , I have placed waxes in a vehicle front dash on sunny summer day to soften them up. I did this with an older AutoGlym Hi-Definition Wax (Yes, the wax sold at Walmart back it the days when it was a forum-favorite) and it did work very well for that. I got the idea from this forum, come to think of it.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I applied Pinnacle Sovereign and one of the Lusso waxes by hand years ago. You can really spread it far with your hand.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My Bad. I was thinking Roger Daultry and The Who. (Not even CLOSE, Captain Obvious!)

Hand wax application MIGHT be good because of the softening of the wax from body heat, but if a detailer`s hands are like mine, they get pretty rough from use associated with"normal" detailing tasks (No, it is rare that I wear nitrile glove). On the other hand , I have placed waxes in a vehicle front dash on sunny summer day to soften them up. I did this with an older AutoGlym Hi-Definition Wax (Yes, the wax sold at Walmart back it the days when it was a forum-favorite) and it did work very well for that. I got the idea from this forum, come to think of it.
    I remember that wax well Lonnie. I got several jars on clearance and still have one in my cabinet.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I do have one question about the wax Crystal Rock that is/was created by Paul Dalton:
    How many Autopians have ever SEEN this wax in person, let alone purchased it or used it?
    I can only think of one person (cannot remember who it was), but I think the client bought the wax and had it applied by said unknown detailer on his vehicle.
    Might be difficult to admit that you paid a $1,000 for tin of wax, but when you pay $300,000 (or more!) for a hi-end sports car or one-of-a-kind, ultra-rare vintage auto, that may be a mere pittance by comparison when only the best (by price) will do.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t remember who had the Crystal Rock, but I do remember that.

A few people here have used the Zymol Estate Glazes, people I consider credible. I don`t think those people "just saw what they wanted to see", I believe that the stuff really was All That in the sense of a great "regular wax" (as opposed to a sealant or coating). Hey, ?why not? Plenty of us think Souveran is special, and for objective reasons too.

My issues with Dalton were that he said stuff that simply didn`t make sense, the kind of (*inaccurate*) gibberish that some supposed "experts" (scare-quotes intentional) say to wow the ignorant. No matter what his issues and challenges are, I consider that kind of [crap] unconscionable. !Good people don`t BS people!

Post Thanks / Like

Mental Illness is a real problem, just like ANY form of true illness. If a person is born with no legs, we don`t get mad that they can`t run.... When a person has legit mental illness it can be harder for us to accept because we few actions as the character of a person.... You can`t "see" mental illness like some physical defects (sometimes mental illness is the result of an internal physical defect) but the results are equally devastating. I hope he gets the help he needs and has an opportunity to live a fulfilling life.
    Likes wristymanchego, SWETM, Merlin, Tc99m, BillE and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks BillE, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information