Post Thanks / Like

How to: Sand and polish iPhone XS after dropping it on concrete

Step 1. Drop your iPhone from a non-obliterating height. My chosen height was approximately chest-height. Glass damage optional.

Step 2. Stare at the floor where your case-less iPhone lies and admit defeat

Step 3. Pick up your iPhone, turn it around, and be a bit excited the glass is only marginally cracked as opposed to shattered

Step 4. Sand your iPhone`s damaged stainless steel corner with 1000-3000 grit sandpaper until the corner is smooth. Unfortunately my corner dented from a slightly more severe impact

Step 5. Polish with your polish of choice. I used a cotton pad and Autosol and worked it for about 10 minutes.

I upgrade my iPhone once a year. Some call it wasteful, but technology is one of my hobbies and I enjoy having the most up-to-date smartphone. I`ll probably leave it this way for a couple weeks and then decide from there if the chip/crack is worth using Applecare+ on considering it doesn`t affect the display weaving portion at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red
    Likes Stokdgs, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to: Sand and polish iPhone XS after dropping it on concrete

Quote Originally Posted by BluBrett View Post
    Step 1. Drop your iPhone from a non-obliterating height. My chosen height was approximately chest-height. Glass damage optional.

Step 2. Stare at the floor where your case-less iPhone lies and admit defeat

Step 3. Pick up your iPhone, turn it around, and be a bit excited the glass is only marginally cracked as opposed to shattered

Step 4. Sand your iPhone`s damaged stainless steel corner with 1000-3000 grit sandpaper until the corner is smooth. Unfortunately my corner dented from a slightly more severe impact

Step 5. Polish with your polish of choice. I used a cotton pad and Autosol and worked it for about 10 minutes.

I upgrade my iPhone once a year. Some call it wasteful, but technology is one of my hobbies and I enjoy having the most up-to-date smartphone. I`ll probably leave it this way for a couple weeks and then decide from there if the chip/crack is worth using Applecare+ on considering it doesn`t affect the display weaving portion at all.
    Wifey and I both have the 10s and hope we never drop them. Just can`t stand those protective cases.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a nice real leather case on my IPhone 10. I like the feel of the leather and as it ages it looks better. I’ve never liked the big bulky cases like Otter Box. What is the use of having a nice phone and then covering it up with something ugly? I’ve never broken a phone, but my wife has ruined several.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool project, even if it was an unintended one!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Thread Information