Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s Polishes...by Chevy?

Our local Honda dealer sells Chemical Guys stuff as well. I think last time I was in there it changed to SmartWax which just looks like CG stuff re-branded.............

Post Thanks / Like

Adams like a lot of them have the products made for them, several products use the same chemical company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Adams like a lot of them have the products made for them, several products use the same chemical company.
    This car-care product manufacturer and who-makes-what-for-whom "debate" has been in this forum for a very long time. I would think that their a several car-care chemical product contractors who will make almost anything for anybody (for a price). Northern Labs in Manitowoc WI (makers of J-Wax and Kit Car Wax) is one such contract facility, as is R Lewis Technologies in DePere, WI.
    Turtle Wax got rid of their product manufacturing facilities in Chicago IL and now contracts out that part of their business .

And doesn`t Warner Chemicals make Chemical Guys Products and some of Adam`s products, supposedly? (Ah, THE Great Debate, or more correctly, the Great Speculation.)

And wasn`t S100 Motorcycle care chemicals "the same" as P21S?

And then there is the Menzerna-Jescar similarities, although Jescar adamantly states they are different and from what I have read of their products reviewed in this forum, that appears to be true.

Then there is the acquisition of 3M`s Car Chemical Division bought by Meguiars. Good synergies?

Need I say more??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget Duragloss and Zaino
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    This car-care product manufacturer and who-makes-what-for-whom "debate" has been in this forum for a very long time. I would think that their a several car-care chemical product contractors who will make almost anything for anybody (for a price). Northern Labs in Manitowoc WI (makers of J-Wax and Kit Car Wax) is one such contract facility, as is R Lewis Technologies in DePere, WI.
    Turtle Wax got rid of their product manufacturing facilities in Chicago IL and now contracts out that part of their business .

And doesn`t Warner Chemicals make Chemical Guys Products and some of Adam`s products, supposedly? (Ah, THE Great Debate, or more correctly, the Great Speculation.)

And wasn`t S100 Motorcycle care chemicals "the same" as P21S?

And then there is the Menzerna-Jescar similarities, although Jescar adamantly states they are different and from what I have read of their products reviewed in this forum, that appears to be true.

Then there is the acquisition of 3M`s Car Chemical Division bought by Meguiars. Good synergies?

Need I say more??
    I thought it was the other way around, that 3M bought meguiars?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    I thought it was the other way around, that 3M bought meguiars?
    Yes
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of companies have split various components into several different divisions or sold divisions to different companies. I know of one company who sold 4 different divisions to 4 different companies who continue to operate each under the original brand name. Sometimes it`s hard to know who is who and what the behind the scenes agreements they have with various other companies.

Post Thanks / Like

That the production is outsourced is not a strange thing I think. What`s interesting is if the brand is the developer of the products or it`s also bought with the recipe from manufactures. But the chemist who put this together has different talents to do this like in any else of business.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the question is whether product G or N is the exact same product or each a proprietary product. This isn`t really a question for companies that have a chemist formulate their products, such as Mothers, Zaino, Duragloss and Dr Beasley`s.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve read some articles that speak of Adams since their move to Colorado. It’s mentions the now manufacture and package products but doesn’t get into specifics. Maybe the make some, outsource others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve read some articles that speak of Adams since their move to Colorado. It’s mentions the now manufacture and package products but doesn’t get into specifics. Maybe they make some, outsource others?
    Things are certainly different at Adam`s then they were 15 years ago or so, when it all seemed to be private-labeled stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget the TacSystems - CarPro speculation too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I noticed BMW has their own line of car care products. Anyone know who makes their stuff?
    It`s been 20 years now since I played in the pool of BMW, but I going from memory I think the products were a mixed bag of German products. Gummi Pflege they applied by the gallon was clearly Nexzette and the wheel cleaner and wax was PS21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    It`s been 20 years now since I played in the pool of BMW, but I going from memory I think the products were a mixed bag of German products. Gummi Pflege they applied by the gallon was clearly Nexzette and the wheel cleaner and wax was PS21.
    Yeah, I got my first Gummi Pflege at the local Bimmer dealer and they had the P21s Wheel Cleaner there too. I can *almost* recall what Audi once sold, must`ve been Porsche/VW-approved too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information