Post Thanks / Like

Birdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERA

Does everyone remember Birdzilla? The mystery bird who left massive poo on the Camaro? Well it struck again, this time on the wife`s car and the neighbor`s car.

I finally "caught" him/her on camera ...

As you can see, it`s a huge ROBIN, which means methods of "Extreme Prejudice" are out of the question. I`ve seen it "nesting" on both mirrors AND the cowl area at the base of the windshield (fortunately, my car is now in the garage and out of reach), but the messes it leaves on the wife`s Explorer are as you can see, massive. I put some Meguiar`s #40 on the mirrors hoping the smell and feel of the protectant will discourage Birdzilla from sitting there doing its business, but obviously it`s not working.

It seems like it`s also attacking itself in the mirrors quite violently as there is a decent amount of blood on the glass of the mirrors everyday. So you would think it would get tired of beating itself up, but alas, no. This birdbrain isn`t getting it. Does anyone have any less than lethal ideas to keep it away?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Birdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERA

Put a stuffed kid`s toy cat (like Garfield) or an owl decoy on the hood to deter/scare its presence MIGHT work, but short of "lead poisoning", I doubt you can do anything.

This bird`s propensity for going after its reflection in car mirrors are just a bird`s natural instinct to defend its territory. However, "marking" its territory on your vehicles is "something else". What ever it eats (jalapeno earthworms?) sure has its "effects" on that bird`s digestive system.

This bird MUST be a Mopar fanatic, as it apparently thinks Fords and Chevys are good for "crap"!! (Sorry, I could not resist)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Put a stuffed kid`s toy cat (like Garfield) or an owl decoy on the hood to deter/scare its presence MIGHT work, but short of "lead poisoning", I doubt you can do anything.

This bird`s propensity for going after its reflection in car mirrors are just a bird`s natural instinct to defend its territory. However, "marking" its territory on your vehicles is "something else". What ever it eats (jalapeno earthworms?) sure has its "effects" on that bird`s digestive system.

This bird MUST be a Mopar fanatic, as it apparently thinks Fords and Chevys are good for "crap"!! (Sorry, I could not resist)
    It`s also going after my neighbor`s Honda
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of people trying plastic grocery bags over the mirrors so the bird can`t see it reflection. Not sure if the bag will prevent them from sitting on the mirror though.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the same as above a bag or a pillow case or something on those lines.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I would find its nest and take a big dump in it.....see how he likes it.Birdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERABirdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERABirdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERABirdzilla ... CAUGHT ON CAMERA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Don, trashmanssd, Lonnie, Tc99m liked this post

Thread Information