Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: QD for shoes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: QD for shoes?

Heh heh, my Schooling of others on such stuff is pretty much confined to here at Autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was getting a pair of dress shoes ready for next Sunday. I used FK425 on them and I’m impressed!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Wow that’s the first I’m hearing of being discriminated against for dressing *nicely*. Guess I better wear my oil changing jump suit if I were to go to such a place.
    Just DO NOT wear it at Walmart. You`ll incite too many "911" calls from "concerned citizens" of an escaped jail convict!! Then again, you might fit right in. We`ll see you on the internet under one of those "unique Walmart clientele" (the politically correct term) photos.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

QD for shoes?

LOL. Actually I wear my “normal “ clothes and lowest gloss shoes at Walmart but I can imagine what people would think if I showed up in a shirt and tie, especially down here!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I don`t mind shopping at Walmart when decently dressed. People generally avoid making eye contact and get out of my way. People who do make eye contact usually look away quickly or give me subtle nods, kinda funny since I`m not ten feet tall or anything...I suspect I look like LE or at least a Loss Prevention Officer.

Post Thanks / Like

You’d really stand out in a Walmart down here. If you want to see examples of the absolutely worst dressed folks just pop in one. You’ll go home telling a few stories, that’s for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Heh heh, I kinda suspect I`d kinda stand out most places for one reason or another But yeah, I gather the Walmart Dress Code must be worse in other locales and I`ve heard about the online pix that prove it.

Though generally I just don`t care...guess I feel that way about most people I see anyhow and would go nuts if I let it bug me.

Eh, whatcha gonna do except swim against the tide and not care what *they* think about *you* either...well, as long as they don`t think "hmm...prey...".

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if they think “hmm prey”. Some might! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- OK, back on-topic..yeah, I`ve used M34, and more recently FK425 and IUDJ, for quick touch-ups before (perfect after burials when the cemetery grounds are messy). I`ve never tried `em otherwise though, Patents excepted, always seemed like I could do better with an abbreviated (very much so) spit-shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I might have to spit shine my shoes but I tried the FK425 first and they shined up so nicely!

Post Thanks / Like

Back OFF-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I don’t know if they think “hmm prey”. Some might! LOL!
    Lots of predators make Victim Selection Decisions based at least partly on attire (and otherwise based on stuff most people don`t even register). If you`re gonna wear Business Casual,or even just look well put-together, in [certain places] you`d better look like you`re not to be [messed] with. Heh heh, gotta watch neckties as they make good handles, and nooses That`s why some people occasionally wear clip-ons: existential necessity.

Post Thanks / Like

No, no neck ties at Walmart. I usually go at off peak times and try to avoid crowds in general when venturing in public. I’m well put together but also faster than some may suspect. Im going to keep an eye out for potential victim selectors though. Gotta look past all the old ladies in Walmart here first though. LOL

Since we were on the topic of shiny shoes, this reminds to go through all my dress shoes to make sure they aren’t in need of a spit shine. Now that I know FK425 can work so well, hopefully that’s all they may need

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how the FK425 will work long-term, might indeed greatly reduce the need to do `em right. With enough polish already on there it might be all they need for a good long time.

I`ll say that I haven`t actually stripped mine for ages, and/but the guys at the Shine Parlor used to do that as the first step every single time. I guess "doing it right" gets relative.

Eh, this thread`s reminded me that I need to redress the sole edging on some of my casual AEs before I wear `em again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information