Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let the fun begin...

Looking forward to shots with the drivers
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- I hope you drive the wheels off it, unlike Yours Truly did with his final `vette

I gather you`re 100% satisfied with the work by Esoteric?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Thanks. When we got first one back in 2004 I was overly OCD about it; no rain, don`t drive it here, don`t drive it there...strictly a fun car only, not an `errand runner`. Somebody, and I can`t recall who, once said "Do you own the car or does it own you?". After I reconciled myself with that mentally, it became a "It won`t melt, if it`s safe to drive, drive it wherever/whenever you want" and owning it got much more fun.
    Agreed. It is a “thing”. Things are meant to be enjoyed. The places you can take to enjoy the most are the most precarious.

Things will happen to our things but at the end of the day it’s just a thing. As an Autopian you do what needs to be done to take care of it. You can’t let fear of something happening dictate the joy you receive from it.

Looking forard to your review on how fast this one gets to 110 MPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1- I hope you drive the wheels off it, unlike Yours Truly did with his final `vette

I gather you`re 100% satisfied with the work by Esoteric?
    It certainly will get used, won`t go get mulch in it or haul 4x4 posts or anything like that but April thru November it is her de facto car of choice, near or far.

As for Esoteric, they certainly went above and beyond, beyond just what we had decided on even. Picked it up today and it really is something special to see.

Was funny as while I went with 2 coats of Stance on wheels, I had planned on a little PA Super Sport on top when it was home. While they were going over exactly what they did, turns out they had already put the SuperSport over the Stance.

They did all exterior glass with Gyeon View which I had planned on DIY`g and after they did the STEK, they coated it with Kami Film Surface Coat; that was a nice enhancement too. A bit of Cosmic Spritz (I saw a 1000ml/1L bottle of Cosmic Spritz there...I gotta get me one of those!) and good to go.

Surface is smooth and pleasant to the touch, not so much slick as like a polished glass type of smooth but not grabby.

55% tint is barely noticeable on inside looking out (still daylight), we`ll see how night goes. I musta had ike 5% tint or something back in the 80`s cuz in dark places hadda sometimes roll down the window to see when turning. I think it`ll work well.

All on all, I couldn`t have hoped for a better experience...the work is incredible, the whole deal was just plain fun in every respect. Very glad I decided to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Looking forard to your review on how fast this one gets to 110 MPH

Bonus points for Chevy giving new Corvette buyers a large discount on going to Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch for the 2 day driving school. Will be a nice break in mid January to get away from Winter...maybe I`ll know after that.
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you`ve done it,if not you`re gonna have a blast,i did the Bob Bodurant event in Arizona a few years ago and will never forget experience and hospitality.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Looking forward to shots with the drivers
    Salesman from dealer met us there and took this pic that I snatched from their Instagram feed:

They were working on giving this a full wrap:

Quote Originally Posted by 340mopars View Post
    Not sure if you`ve done it,if not you`re gonna have a blast,i did the Bob Bodurant event in Arizona a few years ago and will never forget experience and hospitality.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Saving that for next January when NE Ohio is in the depths of winter: https://www.springmountainmotorsport...-owners-school
    Likes SWETM, trashmanssd, glfnaz, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- I`m so glad everything turned out so great!

Also glad to hear that the tint isn`t too dark from inside the car, and that you`ll be doing the Driving School.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, that is awesome that it exceeded your expectations. The driving school is awesome too. You guys enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome it turned out to a pleasant experience. Would have not thought anything else as Esoteric seems like a great company. The finish on the vette is beutieful! Will be intresting to hear how it is to maintain vs normal paint. But the advance technology is high from PPF and the PPF protection products that is coming out.

Wish you and your wife a trouble free ownership of your new vette!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Good things for good people.... love it when it works out this way. Weird pictured you different. Thought you would been bigger and in a sio2 coated Santa suite Let the fun begin...

Post Thanks / Like

That has to be the nicest looking paint I’ve seen on this forum and there have been some really nice ones on here
    Burn some rubber for me. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read,second article after the restraints ........https://www.turnology.com/tech-stori...nch-lap-belts/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Good things for good people.... love it when it works out this way. Weird pictured you different. Thought you would been bigger and in a sio2 coated Santa suite Let the fun begin...
    Nope, just a lanky, long armed goofy looking guy. Big, long, monkey arms do make it easier to get to roofs when working cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 340mopars View Post
    Interesting read,second article after the restraints ........https://www.turnology.com/tech-stori...nch-lap-belts/

If you`re referring to the `upgraded` Mag Ride calibrations, been somewhat of a point of contention since reveal and it was released. Not a worry for me personally as we skipped the Mag Ride option. Neat technology but if one of those shocks goes south you`re looking at $650 per from GM or $350 or so from outside sources.

Even though this is the last year for the C7 there are still some knows potential issues that GM has yet to truly address. In our case, the A8 transmission is a possible pain point, noted in this thread as being a persistent problem thru the C7 run: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tracking.html

Kinda rolling the dice on that one, just playing the odds that it will not be an issue for us but it`s always gonna be out there, lingering.

One of the things I`m a little wary of re: the C7 is the added complexity that`s come into play in the 14 years since we bought the 2004. Kinda like washers and dryers in your home; used to be a knob and a dial or two, fixing not that big a deal but with all the electronic controls on appliances now, thing stops working and you`re likely in for $400+ to replace circuit boards/control boards and whatnot, almost making it more prudent to buy a whole new machine for $500-$600.

I dig technology and the advantages it has but sometimes feel that it`s overdone in the name of `Technology for Technology`s sake` as opposed to technology that is implemented as a result of an identified item that it could help address. Kinda feel sometimes in all areas it`s akin to putting the cart before the horse: "Hey, this wireless, predictive whatever is really cool, let`s come up with something to use it with!" as opposed to "Here`s a problem, will technology provide a (reliable) answer for it?"

Hopefully we get reasonably trouble-free life outta this car but if it starts to be an issue, it`s outta here and depreciation and $$ concerns of a `mistake` be damned. If a `fun` car becomes a PIA and is no longer `fun`, it has no purpose to me with respect to the role we bought it to play. Life`s short, ain`t got time to be mucking around with things that cause mental strife.
    Likes 340mopars, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Whole affair wrapped up here: https://budgetplan1.wordpress.com/2019-corvette/

The End...of the beginning anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

They really are fun folks. We broke bread in AZ a few years back.
    He is also very generous. Proud to call him `friend`.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information