Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ll be out of commission for awhile

rmccarty2000:
    My thoughts and prayer are with you as you go through this back surgery.

Like you say, you are caught in the middle of this pain medication "epidemic" fiasco, and I have no good solutions to it. There are those who are, indeed, helped by medications for pain and because of its "misuse" by those who simply do not need it, individuals who REALLY benefit from its use suffer because it is not available, or are forced to find alternate solutions, like your surgery.
    GB detailer
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

WOW ! I wish you the best of everything. I know what it is about and it is not fair. Good guys always loose!!

Post Thanks / Like

My best for a speedy and drama-free recovery process. Take good care up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the surgery went pretty well except for having to be resuscitated during surgery. I had a problem with fentanyl. The first night was the longest in my life as they were afraid to give me pain meds or sleeping meds. I found a new level “10” pain. I’m at home now and resting. Thanks everyone for their prayers and well wishes. It felt good to know you folks were pulling for me.
    Thanks Stokdgs, BudgetPlan1, Strong66, SWETM, Coleroad and 2 others thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here your at home. Rest up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you are through the surgery. That don`t sound any good without any pain meds!

Speedy recovery!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Well the surgery went pretty well except for having to be resuscitated during surgery.
    Aw geeze, Bob! Glad we didn`t lose you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Glad to hear you are through the surgery. That don`t sound any good without any pain meds!

Speedy recovery!

/ Tony
    Yep, without the pain meds it was quite painful. This back surgery was much more painful than the last one. Hopefully it will be my last one necessary.
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, without the pain meds it was quite painful. This back surgery was much more painful than the last one. Hopefully it will be my last one necessary.
    I really hope that too my friend!

We have the same situation with those doctors that has written out pain meds to much to people that don`t really need it. Then know when we who does need them and take them as the prescription says and don`t ask for more. They treat us as we are all junkies now.

Post Thanks / Like

rlmccart2000- Yikes, glad things turned out OK. I hope you`re well on the mend and already starting to feel better.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I really hope that too my friend!

We have the same situation with those doctors that has written out pain meds to much to people that don`t really need it. Then know when we who does need them and take them as the prescription says and don`t ask for more. They treat us as we are all junkies now.
    There are several doctors in town that have signs up in their lobbies saying they will no longer prescribe pain medication. The patients that need it are suffering and are being made to try to find other avenues for pain medication. Some people that can not get it are committing suicide. This is just about the way it goes. First it’s too liberal, now it’s too restrictive. Doctors are being told by the government what and how much to prescribe and that is never a good thing. Even some pharmacies are refusing to stock pain medication. It’s a bad situation for doctors and patients right now.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are several doctors in town that have signs up in their lobbies saying they will no longer prescribe pain medication. The patients that need it are suffering and are being made to try to find other avenues for pain medication. Some people that can not get it are committing suicide. This is just about the way it goes. First it’s too liberal, now it’s too restrictive. Doctors are being told by the government what and how much to prescribe and that is never a good thing. Even some pharmacies are refusing to stock pain medication. It’s a bad situation for doctors and patients right now.
    Yeah it`s sad to hear how bad it really effects people to even commit suicide.

One thing some doctors has told me. Is pain is not something you die of. Maybe not or I know it does not. But how it does affect us is no fun to say the least. The many things I can not do or gets the higher pain levels afterwards is nothing they care of. This can make people to go other ways that they have no control over. We also have some places where they refuse to prescribe stronger pain meds. But they don`t offer any other treatment either. It`s just live with it.

Would be intresting if they could simulate the pain levels different people have. And those who decides could be able to feel how pain is.

Nah now we have to be positive LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything went well except the hiccup! They nicked my cord on the last one and had the bad dry heaves for a day! Hope recovery goes well!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob--how are you doing? How`s the recovery from the surgery, and did it help?
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Hey Bob--how are you doing? How`s the recovery from the surgery, and did it help?
    I believe it helped a good bit. Now when I’m riding in a car every bump doesn’t make me yell. I’m still in the healing stage and having some numbness in my legs and feet, it comes and goes. I’m taking lower doses of pain meds and some days I don’t take any. I’ve been taking pain meds for 13 years so going a day without having to take any is a huge positive. I’ve got two more weeks wearing a back brace and I hope to be able to get back to detailing after that. I appreciate you folks thinking about me.
    Thanks Stokdgs, Strong66 thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information