Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Health & Fitness Thread

someidiot- Hey, glad you mentioned the coffee as, supposedly, you should *not* take creatine at the same time as caffeine. I don`t know if that`s really a valid concern, but if you don`t notice anything after a few weeks...

Yikes, I can`t take it with water ..[shudder, yuck]...I gotta mix it with something palatable (that doesn`t contain caffeine).

Heh heh, yeah...I know just what you mean about the grittiness of even the most finely ground/"micronized" stuff! I end up actually chewing it a bit before I swallow and I always see some gritty residue (sigh...wasted product..) left in the glass.

I`m not familiar with Nutrabio, but as long as it`s pure (enough) and their version of "micronized" works OK for you I`m sure it`s fine. I gotta consider the cost since both my wife and I and the dogs take it, hence my going with Optimum.

I do miss the taste of the sugary flavored stuff (Phosphagen HP, Cell Tech) that I used to take though...and *those* creatines weren`t gritty! They must`ve ground/micronized the stuff even finer than the straight (no flavoring) micronized stuff. Those mixes were *FINE* powder, like talc, and none of the straight creatines I`ve tried were like that

Post Thanks / Like

Weighed in this morning at 198. Officially down 30lbs since I started cutting in early November. Haven’t been at this weight in about 10 months, and my waist is 1” smaller now vs then. Measured at just below 35” this morning, at belly button. Wanting to get down to 33”.

Been trying something just a little different the last couple weeks, won’t be able to do it exactly every week as it won’t always fit into the schedule.

Mondays: carb up day. PWO meal and dinner(only 2 meals of the day) are carb heavy of whatever I want, but not all out binge eat until I’m sick. Full body HIT workout and cardio before eating first meal.
    Tuesday: intermittent fast day. No eating until after my late afternoon long duration cardio and core workout. Intention is to deplete glycogen from previous day carb up and get back into ketosis as quickly as possible. Based on ketone sticks, this has been highly effective.
    Wednesday: not to failure workout. Full body in no more than 20 minutes, get a pump and be done type workout. Followed by brief HIIT on the bike and PT exercises for my back.
    Thursday: off or 30-40 minutes LISS on the bike at home, HR no higher than about 110.
    Friday: full body HIT workout
    Saturday/Sunday: one day off, other day cardio and conditioning. 5 sets of the Bear barbell complex, a couple sets of core work and about 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Really pushing conditioning right now, and the results are coming. Really looks like I’m getting leaner by the week, and waist measurement is gradually dropping.

Nutritionally, I’m not counting calories right now, or even stressing macros. Keeping it keto, eating intuitively with high protein and some fats with each meal. I have tracked a few times, and I’m probably in the ballpark of about 2300 calories a day. I feel good. Not battling hunger, sleeping well, and workouts are progressing.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes someidiot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Ah, glad you posted that, I`d been wondering how it`s going! Sure glad you`re feeling good with that approach! Sounds to me like you`re well on-track to hit your goal by wedding-time, how do *you* feel about that?

What`s the idea behind Wed.`s not-to-failure- workout...active rest?

I`m surprised (but glad!) you can do a full-body HIT workout before bfast! I simply can`t get a good RT workout in without a hearty meal in me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tweaked my StairMaster Cardio again after reading how there`s no need to do more than a (very) few intervals as long as I hit them hard enough. (NOT changing anything on the AirDyne as I simply can`t do it any harder.)

I`ve quit doing the 8 minute/ten interval workouts. If fewer give the same results (cardio-vascular-wise) then I`m not doing more.

Same warm-up: Blast Off Program at Level 7 (yeah, easy-peasy).

The "workout" part of my Stairmaster Cardio is still 5 minutes, but I`m only doing three intervals during that time instead of five. The first is a 80:20, then a 60:20, then 60:60 (followed by a five minute cooldown). I`m still doing the same Work (at speed 14, fast as mine goes) and Rest (speed 5) overall, but those longer Work intervals are more challenging with only 20 seconds between `em.

After using up the remainder of the 5 minutes with that final whole minute of Rest, I could probably skip the cooldown, but I do it anyhow. Pike`s Peak Program at Level 6 (basically a nice easy walk).

I`m doing that (or the AirDyne) about every five days, walking a couple of miles most others (in addition to the dog-walks).

In a few days I`ll be two-thirds through my three year plan; I`m about three months behind. Eh, close enough...I figure I`m behind because I keep finding more things I can improve upon. With every experimental change taking a few months (and so few workouts in that time), it goes fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    jrock645- Ah, glad you posted that, I`d been wondering how it`s going! Sure glad you`re feeling good with that approach! Sounds to me like you`re well on-track to hit your goal by wedding-time, how do *you* feel about that?

What`s the idea behind Wed.`s not-to-failure- workout...active rest?

I`m surprised (but glad!) you can do a full-body HIT workout before bfast! I simply can`t get a good RT workout in without a hearty meal in me.

I feel like im on track, but there’s still time to screw it up so I’m trying to stay on the plan. I’m off to NOLA for a few days this weekend, and that’s not gonna do me any favors.

Purpose of Wednesday’s workout is to get a pump, which might facilitate recovery. Also, the pump and blood flow into muscles might help with growth. It’s also something to get me up and moving. Finally, I’m also a believer in frequent stimulation of the muscle, thus why I prefer full body routines. Obviously the more frequent, the less intense it can be. This hits the muscle for a 3rd time during the week, but on a very low level of intensity, so it’s not taxing me.

And, he’s, I do really well with fasted workouts. It’s always been my preference- roll out of bed and go get it done.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Hey, different approaches work differently for different people Glad you`re on track.

My whole "don`t do anything except all-out workouts" might be age-related. EDIT: and/or because I`m a kinda extreme ectomorph, not that it really shows much these days

And yeah..I gotta do my Cardio first thing or I simply won`t do it (and I`d hurl if I tried it after eating). Just can`t do the RT that way even when it`d be convenient.

How will you stay on track in NO? I`m thinking of how when we went to a resort for Thanksgiving weekend it`d take me a good long while to burn it off.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Hey, different approaches work differently for different people Glad you`re on track.

My whole "don`t do anything except all-out workouts" might be age-related. EDIT: and/or because I`m a kinda extreme ectomorph, not that it really shows much these days

And yeah..I gotta do my Cardio first thing or I simply won`t do it (and I`d hurl if I tried it after eating). Just can`t do the RT that way even when it`d be convenient.

How will you stay on track in NO? I`m thinking of how when we went to a resort for Thanksgiving weekend it`d take me a good long while to burn it off.
    Im not really too worried about it, I’m gonna enjoy myself. I’m there for a conference, so I won’t just be there to eat. Do have a couple dinner reservations lined up. I’ll take a glucose disposal agent like chaos and pain predator with each meal to minimize damage. That stuff has been tested by some guys I trust on another board with a blood glucose meter... really helps minimize blood sugar spikes after meals.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Im not really too worried about it, I’m gonna enjoy myself. I’m there for a conference, so I won’t just be there to eat.
    OH, OK...that`s different! Heh heh, I thought you were off for a Serious Indulgence episode! Should`ve known better, huh?!?

... I’ll take a glucose disposal agent like chaos and pain predator with each meal to minimize damage. That stuff has been tested by some guys I trust on another board with a blood glucose meter... really helps minimize blood sugar spikes after meals.
    Huh...learn something new every day..never even heard of such stuff! You`re doing some real research into doing the Keto right, and that`s the way to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Im not really too worried about it, I’m gonna enjoy myself. I’m there for a conference, so I won’t just be there to eat. Do have a couple dinner reservations lined up. I’ll take a glucose disposal agent like chaos and pain predator with each meal to minimize damage. That stuff has been tested by some guys I trust on another board with a blood glucose meter... really helps minimize blood sugar spikes after meals.
    Where are your reservations?

Post Thanks / Like

someidiot- How`re you and your wife doing on the Peloton?

Post Thanks / Like

someidiot- How`re you and your wife doing on the Peloton?
    doing well. averaging probably 4 rides a week. it`s really become integrated in to our schedule. at least one of us is riding daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot View Post
    doing well. averaging probably 4 rides a week. it`s really become integrated in to our schedule. at least one of us is riding daily.
    Great, glad to hear it! There`s one piece of exercise equipment that`s not just sitting around gathering dust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot View Post
    Where are your reservations?
    Antoine’s and Gallatoire’s steakhouse.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

OH, OK...that`s different! Heh heh, I thought you were off for a Serious Indulgence episode! Should`ve known better, huh?!?

Huh...learn something new every day..never even heard of such stuff! You`re doing some real research into doing the Keto right, and that`s the way to do it.

Not really a keto specific thing, but I like trying supplements and the idea of biohacking and all that. It’s hit and miss but I’ve found some stuff I respond well to.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- I`m glad the routines/supplements you`re on these days have you feeling good, sounds like you`re moving in the right direction.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information