Post Thanks / Like

Popeyes chicken sandwich is frickin delicious

I tried to get one when they were new, but by the time I knew they existed my store was sold out. I tried again a few days later and they were now gone until further notice. It took them like 2 months to figure out the situation, I went back and it was a 2 hour wait, for a chicken sandwich? I told myself to forget about it, and I was tempted to just never try one. Last month I went by Popeyes and it was almost empty. So I ordered one. I`ve eaten 4 more since then. It`s ridiculous how good this sucker is. Wish it was spicier, and I wish I didn`t like them so much lol. I could probably eat 2-3 of them a week. Not probably, I absolutely could. I like Popeyes in general, but hardly ever eat there. Between my obsession with this sandwich and my new years resolution to make and eat a 16" pizza a week for 6 months. I suspect I`ll turn into one of those people that sweats and breathes heavy and a lot when they`re eating lol.

I wish I didn`t like food so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Popeyes chicken sandwich is frickin delicious

My resolution this year is to try and cut back on many foods and beverages. Over the past 2 years I have picked up 10 lbs in weight, and would like knocking off those 10 lbs by making some better culinary choices.

Sure, like anyone else, who likes Pizza, French Fries, Soda, KFC, Chinese Food, I`m trying to lessen these addictions.

For instance, since the start of the new year I haven`t eaten Pizza. If I eat it once a month at most, I figure that will be better for my waistline, and that I`ll probably enjoy it more as a special treat once and a blue moon.

Sodas, I`ve cut back on them, trying to drink water more, or what I`ve been drinking more of in the last few months is Club Soda. You get that effervescent thirst quenching kick without all the calories.

Sugars, yep, trying to keep my eye on that, but very hard to eliminate my morning Coffee with Cream and Sugar, which I`m having right now.

Figuring if I can somehow eliminate a lot of dead calories, this can`t be a bad thing. Trying to eat smaller portions as well.

Exercise, that`s something I need more of.

I`m noticing pants, and a size I`ve worn for more than a decade aren`t fitting well, quite tight in the waist, and my blood pressure has climbed, which I usually had quite good and fairly low Blood Pressure, both are not good, and indicators that it`s time I be a bit more careful with what and how much I eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    My resolution this year is to try and cut back on many foods and beverages. Over the past 2 years I have picked up 10 lbs in weight, and would like knocking off those 10 lbs by making some better culinary choices.

Sure, like anyone else, who likes Pizza, French Fries, Soda, KFC, Chinese Food, I`m trying to lessen these addictions.

For instance, since the start of the new year I haven`t eaten Pizza. If I eat it once a month at most, I figure that will be better for my waistline, and that I`ll probably enjoy it more as a special treat once and a blue moon.

Sodas, I`ve cut back on them, trying to drink water more, or what I`ve been drinking more of in the last few months is Club Soda. You get that effervescent thirst quenching kick without all the calories.
    You may not get the calories, but you still do get the effects of a carbonated liquid in the body. In regards to water, RO is the best (I have a five gallon container that I fill for $0.25/ga), but you have to supplement electrolytes back into your system; Pedialite does quite a good job of replenishing trace minerals and electrolytes.

Sugars, yep, trying to keep my eye on that, but very hard to eliminate my morning Coffee with Cream and Sugar, which I`m having right now.
    You should try Military Energy Gum found on Amazon, if you need a source of caffeine in the morning.

Figuring if I can somehow eliminate a lot of dead calories, this can`t be a bad thing. Trying to eat smaller portions as well.

Exercise, that`s something I need more of.

I`m noticing pants, and a size I`ve worn for more than a decade aren`t fitting well, quite tight in the waist, and my blood pressure has climbed, which I usually had quite good and fairly low Blood Pressure, both are not good, and indicators that it`s time I be a bit more careful with what and how much I eat.

Eating healthy takes so much more dedication than being able to drive up and order, sometimes I have quite the internal monologue because I REALLY enjoy Chick-fil-a but know that I also have food at home that needs to be cooked........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Sodas, I`ve cut back on them, trying to drink water more.....
    I haven’t had a soda in three years. I quit cold turkey. Your teeth will thank you.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

The popeyes sandwich blows Chic fil A out the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes quebert liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    The popeyes sandwich blows Chic fil A out the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I`ll have to give one a try one day. I`ve had a Chic-Fil-A Sandwich once about 7 months ago. It wasn`t bad, but would`ve been better had it been hot, it was only luke warm, place had really crap service and employees.

Post Thanks / Like

"If it taste good spit it out"

- Jack Lalanne

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn`t impressed at all. Breading was way too thick and falling of the chicken. It was messy!
    The sandwich even tasted fishy. I know they serve shrimp. So maybe the oil was on the old side.
    To each there own. But, I won`t get another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    "If it taste good spit it out"

- Jack Lalanne
    While I won`t go that far...I simply *LOVE* every little thing I consume... I`m glad somebody was paying attention to JL! He was a great example of how to do the Successful Aging thing. Props to you for posting that!

Now... everybody who`s posting about being more healthful, go hit up the 2020 Health & Fitness thread!

Thread Information