Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Health & Fitness Thread

Well it’s not much compared to others, but I just completed my first walk of 2020. It’s my routine every other day year round
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Well that`s still a lot more than most people do! Walking *is* great...I reward myself with a brisk inclined hike on the Treadmill after I do my real cardio, just because it`s so enjoyable.

Guess it`s about time to start a 2020 H&F thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Well it’s not much compared to others, but I just completed my first walk of 2020. It’s my routine every other day year round
    Bill D: It`s MUCH more compare to others, including myself. See you on the 2020 H&F Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    .. See you on the 2020 H&F Thread
    Heh heh, I`m gonna hold you to that

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I’m going to continue to do is cut out sugar as much as I can from my diet. At present moment I have NO sugary foods in my house. It will also be three years since I had a soda So all of this combined with my walking oughta keep me reasonably healthy. I will tell my doc this when I get a check up in March.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Gee, that`s something....three years without a soda! (I have two Sprites/week.) That will indeed be beneficial, now if we can just maintain your Fast-twitch Muscle Fibers....

Wonder how much your Doc *really* knows about such stuff...I often end up, uhm...educating...my MDs about stuff I would`ve thought they`d know.

Post Thanks / Like

I quit soda when I got eight cavities, one requiring a crown, all at once. I figured I’m not going to go down the road towards $30K dental implants so I remain religious about rejecting soda and I try to severely limit sweets in general. In my childhood I had perfect teeth so it was quite a shock when I got eight cavities all at once. To everyone I say don’t forget about your oral health as well and watch what you eat!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Yikes, 8! That`s really something, no wonder you got serious about cutting out sugar.

Yeah on Oral Health! My wife and I are kinda fanatical about it. It`s nice to *not* dread a Dentist visit the way so many people do

Post Thanks / Like

I’m getting more and more fanatical every year about it. I don’t have dental insurance and don’t feel like blowing any more $ at the dentist. Eek!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’m getting more and more fanatical every year about it. I don’t have dental insurance and don’t feel like blowing any more $ at the dentist. Eek!
    No Dental Insurance here either. When [accidents] required sorta-major work it did indeed get pricey. No way we`re gonna let something like neglect enter the picture so we`re brushing/flossing (and in my case even scaling with Pro implements) all the time.

Dental Care Anecdote: I read how "flossing doesn`t really make any difference." But our Dentist could tell *immediately* when my wife tried using a different floss! Like.."hey, things aren`t the way they usually are! You need to go back to whatever you were doing/using before". He spotted it right away without her having said word one. If it didn`t do anything, that couldn`t have been so obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the same floss my hygienist uses so my dentist can’t really get on my case if he notices some kind of deficiency. I go to the dentist in May and once a year in May I get x rays. Now I cringe every time I do so ever since my cavities three years ago. Gone are my days of perfect teeth. :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- I went from thrice to twice/annually just because both the Hygienist and the Dentist thought I was just wasting my $ and their time. I`ve backed off on the x rays to every other year or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve gotten x rays every year all my life. I wish I could back off but then I’d be too afraid about how my teeth are doing. I can only imagine if I were getting them less than once a year that time when all my cavities popped up

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- You don`t think they`d spot issues without the x rays? Eh, another of those "everybody`s different" things I suppose, but in my case the x rays are basically just a way to look out for failing fillings from back in the day. They`d undoubtedly spot issues between teeth, but with multiple cleanings throughout each day I don`t consider that likely.

Eh, guess I`m getting a little paranoid about x rays in the mouth/throat area now that I`m supposedly getting older.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that most trouble areas are so small they can’t be seen with the naked eye but do show up as dark spots on the X rays. So I continue to get them especially given the fact there’s no fluoride in the water here like there is in NJ where I grew up

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information