Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Health & Fitness Thread

Accumulator- As long as your CRP is low you`ve got your inflammation issues covered.

Astaxanthin might be overkill but my other motive for using it is based on anecdotal feedback. Seems that the higher doses allow you to recoup from sun exposure, as far as too much, much quicker. Haven`t had a sunburn that stuck and peeled since I started using it. And, here in sunny Southern California, I get plenty of exposure. I might turn pink in spots but it`s not painful and it fades to a suntan fairly fast. Not a drop of sunscreen or suntan lotion used in that time . As usual "YMMV".

Post Thanks / Like

Marine Clerk- I figure that a lot of Silent Inflammation could be going on even with decent CRP results, but again, I`m really just thinking on it rather than getting ready to run out and buy more supplements

That`s a good point about the sunburn! I`ve noticed that I haven`t had a bad burn since forever either, coinciding with my Fish Oil dosing. Maybe I`m just not overdoing the exposure the way I used to, but OTOH I never use sunscreen unless I`ll be in the sun all day and I sure spend plenty of time outdoors.

Post Thanks / Like

In the few workouts since I quit doing Drop Sets, I`ve still been getting a bit of DOMS, and/but more importantly I`ve made progress. More weight (OK, like..+1.25-2.5lbs. but still..) and/or more reps (OK, maybe just one or two, but sometimes more) and/or a sense of being able to maintain better form throughout the set. And I`ve been able to work the same musclegroups again a little sooner than usual, definitely recovering faster. (Waiting my usual ~2 weeks does not indicate any detraining either, so it`s not like I`ve traded one issue for another.)

I`m thinking I`ll only do those "Intensity Increasing Tweaks" like Drop Sets infrequently from now on. I`m sure not *suffering* from not doing them and the less wear-and-tear the better. We`ll see what I do next time I plateau.

I do recognize that my "desired results despite minimum exercising" isn`t what everybody`s after, but if nothing else it sure makes for a good comeback when people tell me they "don`t have time to exercise all the time" the way they think I do. If I weren`t chasing DOMS all the time I might even cut back more!

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator- I still think a CRP test covers inflammation levels across the spectrum.

Take a look at this article I found. Interesting reading and not too technical. https://optimalhealthknowledge.com/i...silent-killer/

Found what they said about supplements at the tail end of it particularly interesting.

That being said, they do kind of suggest the reader to do a CRP test through one of their affiliates. But all in all it doesn`t seem to shade the gist of the article much.

Post Thanks / Like

Marine Clerk- Thanks for the link, that`s a good article that covers what people oughta know about the Silent Inflammation. Heh heh, I think their copyeditor might`ve missed a typo in the Curcumin part, but yeah...those supplements are in our cupboard (although I`m not taking the Boswellia and just get curcumin from using it when cooking).

Interesting that my exercise never spiked my CRP results as I`d never backed off any prior to bloodwork.

I had always just thought of the CRP level as being related to Heart Disease as opposed to being a good indicator of overall inflammation, but between your posts and the quickie lookup that they precipitated, I now know better, and more than I did previously So thanks!

(I bet Sears mentioned the CRP/inflammation link somewhere in his books, but I must`ve missed/forgotten it )
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread Information