Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Health & Fitness Thread

I attended a spin class last night at our local Lifetime. My wife has been going for a while now and talked me into it. OMG! That kicked my butt! The instructor ties in all kinds of upper body stuff too that I wasn`t quite coordinated enough to do yet but it was still fun and a killer workout. Needless to say I slept VERY well last night, lol! I`m going to try and go a few more times to see if I can get a hang of it.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- While I knee-jerk against even the suggestion of "forcing muscles to grow"...OK, sounds like you`re very dialed-in on how you respond.

So the Ketosis limits the intramuscular glycogen (OK, that shouldn`t be a big surprise, but I do wonder if it impacts your endurance) and *WATER* huh? I wouldn`t care for that last part, but OK it`s just one small part of the big picture.

Funny about eating steak, for *decades* I ate only red meat. Steak or burgers/etc. every day of the year, often even for bfast. I somehow changed to where I basically don`t eat it, or even *LIKE* it, much any more! Sure never woulda thunk that in a million years. We still have burgers on most Saturdays and Arby`s (not just a couple, not by a long shot..) on Sundays, but that`s entirely at my wife`s insistence. Heh heh, yeah...I`m weird as can be when it comes to food

Any issues with, uhm...regularity...on your Ketogenic/meat-heavy diet?

Post Thanks / Like

No issues with regularity.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that`s good! Just wondered since I get so much fiber from (of course) carbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, yeah...I`m weird as can be when it comes to food

I bet I am even *weirder*. Im a very picky eater.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I bet I am even *weirder*. Im a very picky eater.
    Heh heh, that`d really be something, I`ve never met *anybody* who even remotely compares

[Freakin`] PIA not eating what everybody else does, huh? Everyone else I know eats some kind of cheese/tomato dish or uses a condiment/spice/dressing or somesuch and it can be a hassle being the odd man out..at least I don`t mind eating the same thing all the time when that`s the most feasible approach. Man, I can`t even get near a Pizza shop or an Italian restaurant without feeling nauseous, and being in a room with garlic, or even just sitting next to somebody using ketchup, is a serious trial for me.

"I`m the more picky eater!"..."No way, *I* am"... heh heh heh...a new form of Autopianism

EDIT: At least I did come up with a topic that got you posting on this thread

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Health & Fitness Thread

Wow, no Italian or pizza for you? You’d never survive in Jersey for sure!

I’m not much of a condiment guy. Ketchup *only* on burgers and honey mustard only on chicken strips. No other condiments for me. Oh, and no dressing on salads;lemons instead.

I’ve actually gotten better over the years with my eating habits but I’m definitely the odd man out when it comes to food in social get together situations. I find myself frequently doubting I will eat anything that is served especially when the event is hosted by someone who doesn’t know me well.

I still try my best to eat more of a variety but I like what I like and can find myself resenting it if I feel forced to eat something.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, no Italian or pizza for you? You’d never survive in Jersey for sure!
    Heh heh, I had a lot of training in NJ and it was indeed a challenge! Had to have a little talk with the owner of the shop we went to every day, made it worth their while to keep me happy, well...as happy as I could be in a setting where I had to smell that [stuff]. When the trainers sent out for Pizza the driver had to stop elsewhere to get me some plain hamburgers, yeah that made me very popular!

..honey mustard only on chicken strips...
    My wife likes mustard and cheese, but she doesn`t get such stuff too close to me. And I don`t even use lemon on my salads, nor croutons. BUT...I do like raw tomatoes in my salads for some reason, go figure.

..I’ve actually gotten better over the years with my eating habits but I’m definitely the odd man out when it comes to food in social get together situations. I find myself frequently doubting I will eat anything that is served especially when the event is hosted by someone who doesn’t know me well.

I still try my best to eat more of a variety but I like what I like and can find myself resenting it if I feel forced to eat something.
    I simply don`t eat anything in those unavoidable situations where I can`t have something palatable, have to load up before I go and keep Meal Replacement Bars handy. I *can`t* eat stuff I don`t like, I gag/hurl, usually before it even gets in my mouth (which made for a, uhm....interesting childhood). Yes, I would probably, literally, starve under some conditions. Wish it weren`t so but since I can work around it, well...OK.

The one bright spot is that I don`t care about variety; I could eat the same thing all the time and never give it a second thought. Sometimes I basically just do that when my wife`s out of town. I`m not kiddin` when I say "it`s just fuel to me" although I sure do love my Denny`s bfasts

Post Thanks / Like

No tomatoes at all for me yet I eat pizza and pasta sauce. Weird, huh?

I understand you about the urge to gag around foods you can’t consume. I’ve done the same. Yep, I too had to load up on food I do like before going to an outing where I know they won’t serve anything I will eat. Sometimes I feel I’d too rather starve than eat something I don’t like

Growing up, my parents were more than accommodating. It’s probably why I remain picky today.

You know, I only went to Denny’s once. The one on the Vegas Strip. Indeed, good bfasts.

Sometime in the not so distant future I’ll be going to Europe. I don’t know what I’m going to do about meal accommodations. I don’t think I’ll be able to find burgers and fries to fall back upon if I can’t stand the food normally served.

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up, my parents were more than accommodating...
    Heh heh, you were lucky there

You know, I only went to Denny’s once. The one on the Vegas Strip. Indeed, good bfasts.
    My wife doesn`t think they`re that great, but eh...I do. Can`t eat their current pancakes though, had to switch to a waffle (and I gather theirs are kinda mediocre to most people).

Sometime in the not so distant future I’ll be going to Europe. I don’t know what I’m going to do about meal accommodations. I don’t think I’ll be able to find burgers and fries to fall back upon if I can’t stand the food normally served.
    I suspect you might be able to find, uhm...American-type Fare..pretty readily. I did OK when I was over there, but that was ages ago (I oughta ask my wife, she goes solo for various reasons that work for both of us).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please ask her especially if she eats American food while there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please ask her especially if she eats American food while there.
    She`s about the last person on earth to eat American fare while in Europe, but she says that burgers/etc. are everywhere and that you can always find a McDonald`s as a last resort (she quipped that such stuff will probably taste better over there than it does here). She was utterly certain that *I* could find stuff I`d like, so you oughta be fine. Heh heh...famous last words!...but I don`t think it`ll be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

OK thanks. I guess with all the American tourists they are bound to have something. I doubt I’ll have to resort to McDonalds.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh...going to a McD`s while in Europe would be kinda Ugly American in some ways...but I bet I`d end up doing it a few times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh...going to a McD`s while in Europe would be kinda Ugly American in some ways...but I bet I`d end up doing it a few times
    I did once when I was in London

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information