Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling car to out of state buyer...

He he. Yeah Dawn says you can wash wheels with it now.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yep, been luring around the Corvette forums more in the past few months. As for the out of state sale, guy wired money yesterday direct from his bank, my bank has confirmed that it`s rec`d, no issues and good to go. All that`s left to do is wait for the transport truck to show up from Texas to cart the car away.

The new car is likely 6-8 weeks away after order placed at end of January and then another week for PPF install, will hopefully arrive at our place beginning of April. Probably run it down the 1/4 mile a few times after broken in and after that gonna be wife`s fair weather daily driver so I won`t see much time with it I`d guess. No big deal, hadn`t driven the 2004 but maybe 4 or 5 times in last few years. My entertainment is mostly limited to seeing how life with PPF is; by the time it get`s to us installer will have taken care of all the work as far as new car prep, polish, PPF and coatings go. Just gonna let the checkbook take care of detailing this one.

Man, those Corvette Forum guys don`t wanna hear nuthin` bout nuthin`...can`t believe Zaino is still such a `thing` over there. Whatever works for `em though...as long as they`re happy guess it doesn`t really matter how they get there. Whatever works for you...
    I agree. The one guy just likes to stir things up it sounds like. But there are many that still think Zaino is the be all/end all even though the haven`t come out with any new products in over a decade.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5longhorn View Post
    Congrats, those are all awesome colors. I really like the Elkhart Blue. Is this your 1st or 2 nd C7?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Love the blue!
    Stopped at a dealer today who had an Elkhart Lake Blue C7 in the showroom. Afraid it`s a bit light for my tastes, lighter and a bit pale for my eyes. Car did have an excessive amount of dust and fuzz (cant imagine where all the fuzz came from) though.

The recently discontinued Admiral Blue woulda been a no-brainer. Gonna try and find a Long Beach Red local and see how that looks in person but fear it will be a bit too dark.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Stopped at a dealer today who had an Elkhart Lake Blue C7 in the showroom. Afraid it`s a bit light for my tastes, lighter and a bit pale for my eyes. Car did have an excessive amount of dust and fuzz (cant imagine where all the fuzz came from) though.

The recently discontinued Admiral Blue woulda been a no-brainer. Gonna try and find a Long Beach Red local and see how that looks in person but fear it will be a bit too dark.
    Is it closer to Nassau Blue? I like the Admiral and Electron Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5longhorn View Post
    Is it closer to Nassau Blue? I like the Admiral and Electron Blue.
    That would be a good way to describe it.

Electron Blue is one of the all-time great colors.

Stopped at another dealer who claimed to have an Elkhart Lake Blue but it `was stored at an off site location`. They did have an Admiral Blue 2018 Z06 on the floor...twas gorgeous.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you know my recommendation. Though I can’t remember if Laguna Blue is lighter or darker than the new ELB, you can only tell them apart if they are right next to each other.

Laguna Blue
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Well, you know my recommendation. Though I can’t remember if Laguna Blue is lighter or darker than the new ELB, you can only tell them apart if they are right next to each other.

Laguna Blue
    Now that there is a blue I could live with...beautiful. Gonna go look at Elkhart Lake Blue again at different dealer, but it, to me is more washed out/lighter than Laguna.

Gonna go find a Long Beach Red to gaze upon as well.
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Selling car to out of state buyer...

Here is one where mine looks much lighter. Lighting matters with these current blues.

Look at the difference in how much darker it looks in the previous pic.

LBR with kalahari interior is a sweet combo.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one where mine looks much lighter. Lighting matters with these current blues.

Look at the difference in how much darker it looks in the previous pic.

Wow, that is quite the difference, so much darker inside. Ugh, unless Long Beach Red is simply mind-boggling in person I`m thinking we may end up with black again, we know like that (and hate it at the same time). It`s the safest way. Selling car to out of state buyer...

Post Thanks / Like

PPF the whole car for a bit more and get the black.....it is where you end up anyway. Who you foolin?
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

PPF the whole car for a bit more and get the black.....it is where you end up anyway. Who you foolin?
    Car will be going directly from dealer to shop to be fully wrapped in PPF and complete new car prep. The extent of my involvement with this one will be picking it up and driving it home when done.

Dont really even plan on coating the PPF but we`ll see.

Kinda funny how I`m trying to find a way to weasel out of maintaining a black car but, in my heart, know how it will end up. "Know thyself..."
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was really disapointed to see Watkins Glen Gray and Andmiral Blue are both gone for the second half of MY `19. Those were my two favorites. At least black and Long Beach Red still remain. Fortunately, if I go with a Vette it will be used and I`ll hopefully be able to grab a GS in one of those first two colors. If buying one new, Long Beach Red would be my first choice followed by black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I was really disapointed to see Watkins Glen Gray and Andmiral Blue are both gone for the second half of MY `19. Those were my two favorites. At least black and Long Beach Red still remain. Fortunately, if I go with a Vette it will be used and I`ll hopefully be able to grab a GS in one of those first two colors. If buying one new, Long Beach Red would be my first choice followed by black.

Admiral Blue woulda been a no-brainer if still available, love dark blues like the old Electron Blue. Probably slightly easier to live with than black.

Also pondered the metallic gray, had a 1990 Mustang in kinda that color and it was very nice but the new gray on Corvettes seems to be a bit lighter.

I`m guessing black will final choice, it really hasnt been that hard to keep clean once I discovered coatings. Given the limited usage of the new one and the PPF will hopefully help a bit with rock chips which are extra irritating on black due to the white base that shows thru when paint is removed.

Guess there are worse problems to have...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any difference on the paints look when you do a full PPF? As in if it`s suits better on some colors than others.

If you PPF the whole car the maintance would be easier with a black paint I think. Those Vettes are beutieful and raw Fun times ahead Budgetplan!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I`ve seen but ya know how that goes...and it`s not like I`ll be spending much time driving this...wife`s car. The main entertainment I get outta this is the opportunity to have a pro prep and apply PPF; after that, won`t see much time behind the wheel of *her* car.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Is there any difference on the paints look when you do a full PPF? As in if it`s suits better on some colors than others.

If you PPF the whole car the maintance would be easier with a black paint I think. Those Vettes are beutieful and raw Fun times ahead Budgetplan!

/ Tony
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information