Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling car to out of state buyer...

Congratulations on the new car !! What color?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Sounds like you got all the correct advice, bill of sale and wire transfer. Just sign your title and mail it to the buyer after your bank confirms it has the moolah and your golden. I’m not sure when is the right time to drop your insurance, but it might be a good idea to hold onto it until the buyer says everything is ok even though technically they bought it and it’s their problem.

When the transport company shows up they should have something that notates all the flaws on the car. Get a copy for yourself in case there is some sort of problem when the car arrives at the sellers location. Take pictures of the car the day it gets on transport for proof the car was in good condition before it left your hands. I sold my Z to a company that buys cars online (Vroom) and got some calls asking me about the condition of the car, I had no problem showing them what it looked like before transport. Not that they could have done anything about it if something had not been disclosed, but I prefer doing things the right way.
    Good info...thanks.

I`d be a little wary of buying car sight unseen, long distance. I`ve sent pictures and descriptions of all the flaws i know about and he is well aware he is buying an 18 year old, 65k mile car.

It`s a solid car, driven 90% of the time driven by `a girl` but since we`re the original owners, have about 3 file folders full of documentation, I hope there will be no surprises on either end. He`s been very active Corvette Forum member since 2001 so I was able to follow his history there.

His plans are to modify it far more than it is now so he was looking for a relatively low mileage, one owner car.

I asked but I`m hoping he doesnt want all the original parts cuz diggin those outta the attic and garage will be a bit of a chore.

All`s well that ends well, so I certainly hope it ends well. Worst case, I learn an expensive lesson, certainly painful but also not life and death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Congratulations on the new car !! What color?
    Well, that`s still kinda up in the air. Since I started caring about cars as more than transportation I`ve always been partial to black but not sure I have the energy for caring/worrying about black.

It`s my wife`s toy so she`ll have some input...I guess.

Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic is a consideration.

But so is Long Beach Red Metallic.

Might just end up with black despite the mental anguish associated with it.
    Likes Coatings=crack, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, those are all awesome colors. I really like the Elkhart Blue. Is this your 1st or 2 nd C7?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love the blue!

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t believe someone would buy a car sight unseen. Pictures never do show the true condition. I sold my S4 to a guy in Canada but he did have Audi do a ppi before paying via wire transfer. I`ve had SGS auto look at some cars for me but ended up passing due to them not being what they were supposed to be.

Whatever you do, don`t take a check unless you are at the bank that prints it.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The red for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5longhorn View Post
    Congrats, those are all awesome colors. I really like the Elkhart Blue. Is this your 1st or 2 nd C7?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    First C7, 2nd Corvette. Rode that 2004 for 14 years. Figure the 2004 is getting to the point where things dont necessarily break, but rather start wearing out from general aging (like me). Want to be out of it before a `fun` car stops being fun.

She likes a Vette in the garage, who am I to argue? I`ve probably driven the 2004 maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years...fun and all but definately a toy that exists primarily for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Love the blue!
    If not black, that`s the way I`d go. Her winter Civic is Aegean Blue and not only is it stunning, but looks very, very clean with little attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    The red for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That`s her choice; usually I`m all about metallic reds like Mazda Soul Red and Ford Ruby Red but just not sure if it on a Corvette. Might just be a hint too dark when not out in sun.

Decisions...

Post Thanks / Like

I came from a C5 Z06 in yellow and now have a red Viper. I`m back on a red kick and like the Torch Red.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5longhorn View Post
    I came from a C5 Z06 in yellow and now have a red Viper. I`m back on a red kick and like the Torch Red.
    All of the (very large) vehicles I mess around with at work are bright red...if I had a personal car that was that color too my brain might just short circuit for good.

First C5 I ever saw up close was Torch Red...remember thinking then it was *the* brightest red I had ever seen.

I`m really beginning to despise Ford Race Red:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I can`t believe someone would buy a car sight unseen. Pictures never do show the true condition. I sold my S4 to a guy in Canada but he did have Audi do a ppi before paying via wire transfer. I`ve had SGS auto look at some cars for me but ended up passing due to them not being what they were supposed to be.

Whatever you do, don`t take a check unless you are at the bank that prints it.
    I recently bought an out of state car with a cashiers check and while it went smoothly the sellers bank put a 7 day hold on the check. Not a deal breaker because I had already discussed payment with the seller but good info for future transactions. I didn’t want to do a wire transaction since I had not examined the vehicle.

I drove it 700 miles to it’s new home so the mechanicals were good to go. Buying a car sight unseen is a scary thought. We as detailers know that a “10 footer” doesn’t compare with a closeup inspection and we have different ideas on paint condition than an ordinary seller. I could tell the seller tried to maintain the car by the amount of white residue in the cracks.

He also said it had never been driven in the rain and I found out that was true the hard way as the wipers would only smear and not clear the windshield and it rained the whole freakin 700 miles.

Pictures in the spring.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    New Corvette...
    Congrats! I wondered if you were in the hunt. I saw you pop up on a Corvette forum answering a question about coatings...imagine that!

I too am in the hunt for a toy, but about 18 months away so I`m lurking on a number of forums for many of the candidates, one of which is a C7 Vette. I`ll be interested to hear your impressions once you`ve mad the purchace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Congrats! I wondered if you were in the hunt. I saw you pop up on a Corvette forum answering a question about coatings...imagine that!

I too am in the hunt for a toy, but about 18 months away so I`m lurking on a number of forums for many of the candidates, one of which is a C7 Vette. I`ll be interested to hear your impressions once you`ve mad the purchace.
    Yep, been luring around the Corvette forums more in the past few months. As for the out of state sale, guy wired money yesterday direct from his bank, my bank has confirmed that it`s rec`d, no issues and good to go. All that`s left to do is wait for the transport truck to show up from Texas to cart the car away.

The new car is likely 6-8 weeks away after order placed at end of January and then another week for PPF install, will hopefully arrive at our place beginning of April. Probably run it down the 1/4 mile a few times after broken in and after that gonna be wife`s fair weather daily driver so I won`t see much time with it I`d guess. No big deal, hadn`t driven the 2004 but maybe 4 or 5 times in last few years. My entertainment is mostly limited to seeing how life with PPF is; by the time it get`s to us installer will have taken care of all the work as far as new car prep, polish, PPF and coatings go. Just gonna let the checkbook take care of detailing this one.

Man, those Corvette Forum guys don`t wanna hear nuthin` bout nuthin`...can`t believe Zaino is still such a `thing` over there. Whatever works for `em though...as long as they`re happy guess it doesn`t really matter how they get there. Whatever works for you...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Man, those Corvette Forum guys don`t wanna hear nuthin` bout nuthin`...can`t believe Zaino is still such a `thing` over there. Whatever works for `em though...as long as they`re happy guess it doesn`t really matter how they get there. Whatever works for you...
    I saw several mentions of washing with Dawn too. Ugh. I still remember what that stuff did to my trim and plastic, let alone how hard it is to rinse off.

They also tend to be REALLY narrow minded when it comes to their cars. Not as bad as Tesla owners, but still pretty protective. I found the Stingrayforum crowd to be a little more open minded and less beligerant as a whole.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I saw several mentions of washing with Dawn too. Ugh. I still remember what that stuff did to my trim and plastic, let alone how hard it is to rinse off.

They also tend to be REALLY narrow minded when it comes to their cars. Not as bad as Tesla owners, but still pretty protective. I found the Stingrayforum crowd to be a little more open minded and less beligerant as a whole.
    Don’t forget Lemon Pledge after washing with Dawn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information