Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Products you have but don`t use it all ?

Budget Plan,tried wring out the full size PFM, to no real satisfaction, for either reusing or just putting it on a drying rack.

I use the PFM on the main panels not the problem pickup panels, where grease or grit might remain.

That`s for my second hand towels, that will get washed as needed.

Really who`s to know if or when a Drying towel can pick up something nasty, it can be the first pass or the last, or not at all.

Washing your drying towel, in my experience, is one of those things where YMMV, you will get a wakeup call if it isn`t done when it needs it.

So far, my Technique is working fine..
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Products you have but don`t use it all ?

Even with my overkill wash regimen, there will sometimes be a *little* dirt left that ends up on my Drying Towel, if only from the doorjambs/wells/etc. Once that happens I get out a new one. And, perhaps because I`m using a Drying Aid, I get the best results by drying pretty thoroughly with one towel and then again with another (utterly dry) one after fogging the surface with my breath (this is after blowing most of the water off first). So whether I`m washing the Tahoe or something smaller, I`ll use at least two Drying Towels no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    What sorta SUV`s are ya`ll drying - All Tahoes and Escalade...
    Mine is an Old Body Style Tahoe (the square one). Drying it takes *FOREVER*, well over an hour by the time I get it all done. Didn`t take appreciably longer when I had a Yukon XLD because it`s not so much the size of the vehicle but rather how much water gets retained in those tricky areas.

Blow water off with AirWand; do nooks/crannies with compressor; dry with MFs using Drying Aid; do tight spots of undercarriage and engine compartment; go back over drips/etc. for a long long time. THEN the wheels/tires.

Just getting all the water out of the roof rack rails can take longer than some spend on a whole wash. The engine compartment takes a lot longer than that!

I missed that as well, just never thought of wringing any drying towel out and continuing...
    Whenever I`ve tried that I got some *tiny* drops of water remaining on the surface. Yeah, they generally evaporate away, and with my water they don`t obviously spot, but if I fog the surface with m breath it`s not as perfect as when I get all the water off by displacement (i.e., blowing it off the vehicle or absorbing into the towel).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information