Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Products you have but don`t use it all ?

Tons of stuff. It`s really hard to limit your purchases when there are so many cool products out there. You might look at buying several coatings or toppers before you can even find a car to use any of them on.

Looking back, I wish I was able to narrow my purchases down to the necessities. I bought kits of stuff, most of which I never used. I have barely used bottles of a bunch of sealants, QDs, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    All of the V series "compounds" and polishes from Chemical Guys... also their V7 quick detailer or whatever it`s labelled as. Literally stopped beading on an already protected car. Lol. At most I`ll use it on door jambs.

Pretty much any traditional waxes or sealants just sit on the shelf now unless it`s to tide me over until a complete detail. Even then, I`ll prob grab some sort of H2O sealant.
    I found some uses for the CG V series of compounds—headlights and V07 works great when mixed with Sonax BSD.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a detailing hoarder. Yes I admit it. I did give away some of the Meguires stuff AG “gifted” to me. I’m pretty sure everything I have is still good and I like to have choices when working on different cars. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    Likes Tc99m, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I run very lean. Shampoo, rinseless wash, APC, tire/trim dressing, WOWO sealant, Poorboy`s natural look, iron remover, glass cleaner, goo-gone, polishes, pads, clay mitt. I`ve got a handful of WOWA`s I`m testing but we`ll see if any of them make the cut. If not they`ll get used up around the house. Only thing I might add at some point is a wheel coating (which is basically a single-use product) and a dedicated prewash.

The spray air freshers are the only things I`m considering tossing, once you get tired of the smell it`s hard to go back...

Post Thanks / Like

Signs of getting old or signs of ~just not into it ~ as much as I used to. If someone asked you what would be the difference between open cell vs ccf, would you be able to accurately describe it to someone not familiar. TRUTH. I would not be able to do that at this current time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Ha. Which leads to another post PA. Anybody else on your block
    - pressure rinse/washes the car
    & or
    - uses a blower to blow dry the car.

I posted in another thread saying anyone literally reading or typing is a enthusiast.
    We`re not the norm
    I use a Toro variable-speed blower on my car when I wash it because the Collinite 915 seems to "release" the water droplets easily and it sure makes drying less time-consuming with my "newer" Griot`s Garage PMF drying towels (the 16 x 16 size; easier to handle). One BIG advantage is that water that collects in seams and crevices can be blown out and will not run out at some inopportune time, which may streak on a clean just-washed vehicle. The GG PMF towels really soak up the water, but they are "difficult" to wring out, so I use two of them, since they come as a 2-pack from GG.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
    I wouldn`t even know where to start...
    Pretty much the same here.

Obvious ones are all those Pre-VOC tins of M16 and 476S. And that gallon or so of M205.

I wouldn`t even know whom to give `em to...tried contributing (very nice, pricey) stuff to my Jag Club`s charity raffle, but got [ticked] off when people acted like those treasures were booby prizes. The people I know IRL just don`t know/care, even the Concours guys.

I think the turning point for me was when I had some 1Z polishes in tin cans - where the solvent evap. out - lids were on snug. ..
    Meanwhile, mine are fine...knock on wood. Hope they stay that way as I don`t have just a few liters of `em...

Quote Originally Posted by chopper280
    I have products over 30 years old...
    Same here, some over 40, though I don`t check them every year...or every five for that matter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’m a detailing hoarder. Yes I admit it. I did give away some of the Meguires stuff AG “gifted” to me. I’m pretty sure everything I have is still good and I like to have choices when working on different cars. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    I’m in the same boat as RLM. I have tons of unused stuff but I’m obsessed with having tons of choices available. It’s a disease but it keeps me happy. I still have dreams of using it all some day or passing it on to people I care about who care about their cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Signs of getting old or signs of ~just not into it ~ as much as I used to. If someone asked you what would be the difference between open cell vs ccf, would you be able to accurately describe it to someone not familiar. TRUTH. I would not be able to do that at this current time
    Noting that Yours Truly isn`t really "into" this stuff any more either (don`t have to like it, I just have to do it..), stuff like open/closed-cell foam is useful info even outside of Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    The GG PMF towels really soak up the water, but they are "difficult" to wring out, so I use two of them...
    This must be another of "those topics" where I`m just, uhm...different...but I`m still surprised to hear that people wring out a Drying Towel and keep using it. No, no, not criticizing...just still surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I still have dreams of using it all some day or passing it on to people I care about who care about their cars.
    Heh heh, at least you know some IRL!

Post Thanks / Like

Still don`t know why people would even bother to wring out the PFM`s by hand.

All it does IMHO is compromise it`s ability to absorb water.

Best way,in my experience, is to spin them down in the washing machine and let them dry.

Do like Lonnie does, use the amount of PFM`s you need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Clerk View Post
    Best way,in my experience, is to spin them down in the washing machine....
    After laundering them I`m just so paranoid that they might`ve picked up some (abrasive) contamination...if they come out of their bin, they get washed/dried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that Yours Truly isn`t really "into" this stuff any more either (don`t have to like it, I just have to do it..), stuff like open/closed-cell foam is useful info even outside of Detailing

This must be another of "those topics" where I`m just, uhm...different...but I`m still surprised to hear that people wring out a Drying Towel and keep using it. No, no, not criticizing...just still surprised.
    You’re not alone on this. I launder them after every use.

Post Thanks / Like

What sorta SUV`s are ya`ll drying - All Tahoes and Escalade. I don`t use my PFM much as I`m more blow dryer and use a pass on the bits.

But with the original PFM, after washing, and initiating the wiper on the front and rear for a pass on removing the water on glass, the PFM could do a whole suv with no wringing needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I missed that as well, just never thought of wringing any drying towel out and continuing.

Will have to try it next time with PFM but I really dont think much water will come out. Dunno exactly where the water goes in those things, just kinda disappears it seems...maybe not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information