Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you Care Where your stuff is Made

Quote Originally Posted by Farmall-luvr View Post
    I`ve owned more foreign cars than American cars but I also generally try to buy USA labels on many other things.

I had a another Accord sometime ago and the wheel bearings went to crap,,ordered them right from Honda and the bearings were made in USA,,

not even 2 months later the bearing in the front of my wifes 01 Sierra turned bad,,another OEM bearing ordered and this time the label was Made in China

like was said,doesn`t matter where you buy it anymore the chances are high it`s Chinese.
    Indeed. Original coil pack - made in germany. Same replacement *branded logo* coil pack was PRC....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmall-luvr View Post
    I`ve owned more foreign cars than American cars but I also generally try to buy USA labels on many other things.

I had a another Accord sometime ago and the wheel bearings went to crap,,ordered them right from Honda and the bearings were made in USA,,

not even 2 months later the bearing in the front of my wifes 01 Sierra turned bad,,another OEM bearing ordered and this time the label was Made in China

like was said,doesn`t matter where you buy it anymore the chances are high it`s Chinese.
    Of all the cars I`ve owned I`ve found the ones that were made in Japan to be the better built, more reliable ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Of all the cars I`ve owned I`ve found the ones that were made in Japan to be the better built, more reliable ones.
    That was our experience for quite a while, but the last few (Subarus, Mazda) were absolute, complete junk that couldn`t even fulfill the "disposable car" role. Zero interest from the Dealer/Reps either, and it was *strongly* implied that they can afford to just blow me off since everybody else will just buy another one.

Sigh...they guessed right, I didn`t try to Lemon Law/etc. them...I just walked away from the experience to get on with my life ASAP. Eh, not just the Japanese ones either, but those were the most recent pieces of [crap] and it was especially disappointing because I bought them thinking "I`ll sacrifice what I really like to get cheap reliability".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information