Post Thanks / Like

The Problem is fixed-Thank you Gyeon and A Buff and Beyond Detailing

Some of you may recall that I posted for help in removing Gyeon Fabric coat from a convertible top. After my application dried, it was spotty. I tried to remove it myself unsuccessfully.

Here is the resolution :

After talking with Gyeon Jeff and Gyeon Jeremy and exchanging many emails and texts and trying some of their suggestions I was unable to get the top back to an even appearance or get the Gyeon Fabric removed.

At this point Gyeon suggested I take the car to a Gyeon Certified Professional Detailer. On Thursday in the late afternoon they sent me a contact for Nick Gates, @ A Buff and Beyond Detailing in NJ.

A Buff and Beyond Detailing - Detailing Services for Central New Jersey

I reached out to Nick and he asked me to send pictures and the backstory. We spoke again Friday after he reviewed my info and pictures and he asked when I could come in. I explained that I am about 2 hours away, and I would like to wait for the car. I said Saturday early would be best. He told me he opens at 7:45AM. I arrived at 7:30AM and Nick was there as well. He explained he needed to attend to some cars that were delivering that morning and that he would be right with me. He did his thing and was pulling my car into his shop in no time.

He looked the car over with me and explained that it looks like I applied in heavier in certain areas and less in others. I told him when I applied it, it looked evenly distributed and evenly wet with product. He explained that when he applies the product he rubs it into the fabric, or applies it with an applicator, something I did not know to do. My experience has been with aerosol spray on and walk away fabric products. Nick told me he would be happy to remove the fabric coat or re-apply the Gyeon Fabric Coat evenly to both water proof the top and make it look perfect again. I decided to have him remove it only because I wanted the top back to its original look. Nick went about mixing up some secrete sauce and spraying it onto the top and scrubbing with a medium brush. He worked in small sections and worked around systematically until he completed the whole roof. After a rinse, the top did look much better. He identified the areas that needed another shot and repeated the process and the next time he rinsed it really looked amazing.

He gave the car a foam cannon blast, blanketed it in foam and then went on to do a 2 bucket wash followed by master blasting the water off and cleaning the windows.

After he was done we examined the top and the spots were gone. Nick, Jeremy and Jeff Thanks for helping me resolve my issue. It looks like this issue was self inflicted by Me because I did not know the correct application method. I suggested a video and Jeremy tells me he would like to produce these for some products.

After speaking with Nick, and seeing the crazy work he puts out in his shop, and the manner in which he solved my problem I feel comfortable saying that he is a guy who knows his stuff. If he says the Gyeon Fabric Guard works by rubbing it in, and or using an applicator, I believe him. I just needed to see my roof free and clear of Fabric Coat so that I knew I was not going to have an issue with it in the future. While Nick was doing his thing on my car, I did what any self respecting detailer in a high end detail shop would do. I looked at all the eye candy in the shop. There was a mix of modern sports cars, a pair of sick M3`s, a Tesla and an older mustang. The completed Blue M3 was blinding and the Gray M3 looked awesome-it was just about finished being wrapped in Paint Protection film. I have never seen this stuff go on, and it pretty cool to see. The Tesla was wrapped so well I could not find the seam.

At the very end of the process, Nick and I went into his office so I could properly thank him and I purchased some of the Gyeon products I saw him use on my car. He has a nice display of the Gyeon product in his showroom and knows each of them inside out.

A BIG thanks to Nick for squeezing me into his schedule with almost no notice and getting the issue resolved. And an equally big thanks to Jeff and Jeremy from Gyeon for their help in trying to help me fix the issue myself and then putting me in touch with NICK to ultimately get it resolved !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Problem is fixed-Thank you Gyeon and A Buff and Beyond Detailing

That looks like a really nice shop, must have been quite a ride for you, it would be a bit of a ride for me. But I`m bookmarking it anyway for future PPF reference.

Glad you got your problem resolved.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Problem is fixed-Thank you Gyeon and A Buff and Beyond Detailing

Very nice!
    Glad you were able to get it resolved.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Thread Information