Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prayers up for my dad

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    What kind of diet is he gonna be on after this? Obviously different dr’s might make different suggestions but what did you have success with?
    In reality most people see a nutritionist and they put you on some crazy diet that most people just don`t eat ... I worked with one and then decided to follow one main rule .. Moderation ...

If your dad is not a picky eater then

Lean protein .. mostly white meat chicken , turkey, lean burgers, some fish (some are fatty)

Veggies for the most part are good if you like them

Reduce carbs as much as possible (but again moderation rather than starvation)

Fruits are high in sugar and these events often trigger the onset of Diabetes Type 2 (strange correlation but i talk to so many people with the same)

Also if he still has his gallbladder .. seems that 6 months to a year , many people have to have it removed ... no idea why ..

The bottom line is that he has to eat what he likes but moderation on most and only a treat every once in a while as to fatty foods ...

ps ..meds these days are pretty effective and can help cover bad eaters
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes Marine Clerk, jtford95, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve heard of the boiled chicken with veggies and a small portion of brown rice type meal plan. My dad has done Atkins before with plenty of success from it. Just curious what options there may be that aren’t on the extremes.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Yeah I’ve heard of the boiled chicken with veggies and a small portion of brown rice type meal plan. My dad has done Atkins before with plenty of success from it. Just curious what options there may be that aren’t on the extremes.

lol .. i ate a lot of Grilled chicken and baked potatoes for a while ... Chinese food if it`s steamed was also a good alternative ... Depending on cholesterol levels and what was the cause of the heart attack can also determine diet ... i have low cholesterol now and eat a lot of lean meat .... blood work will be very important to be done often and watch for any unusual changes as his body will be effected by his new meds. Make sure he likes his cardiologist as they will become partners in keeping him alive as long as possible.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Fruits are high in sugar and these events often trigger the onset of Diabetes Type 2 (strange correlation but i talk to so many people with the same)
    That`s interesting. Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Fruit...fructose...

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for him and hoping for the best for him and you.Thinking positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck !!

THoughts & prayers.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fruits, while high in natural sugars, have fiber with them that actually helps the body absorb these sugars at a much slower rate during digestion. The same is true of vegetables.

I found this out from a cardio-doctor during a stress-test for what proved to be indigestion and acid reflux 20 years ago. When I told him I ate an apple, banana, orange, and box of raisins for lunch every day when I was working as a CAD technician (desk job), my wife chimed in that that was a lot of sugar. He said, NO, it was a good thing for me with the above mentioned reasoning, even though my family history has a history of diabetes on both sides. His statement was he sees a lot of 25-year-olds with heart problems like that of a 45-year-old because they eat pizza and hamburgers (fast foods) for lunch every day at sedentary (desk) jobs. Just thought I would give some food-for-thought (pun intended) on eating veggies and fruits.
    GB detailer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information