Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Watches.

Post Thanks / Like

Watches.

T49713.png

Guess everyone has a fav. I just got my new Timex expedition in the mail. I like the style of these watches and love the Velcro fast wrap band. This is for everyday wear at work. Batt. lasts forever in them. The band does wear down and break after awhile, but can be replaced with another. I do have a Movado that I never wear.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watches.

I love the look of a watch and the beautiful precision of a watch but I cant stand the felling of it on my arm. I wear one out to diner in the summer with a short sleeve shirt only and after a few hours I want it off. I also wear one in Aruba so I can see what time it is as my phone gets turned off for the week.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought my Rolex in 1972 and only cleaned once. Looses 1 minute every couple of months.Watches.-001.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes trashmanssd, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Still wearing/loving my Submariner, which I`ve had since `78, haven`t worn my Tudor backup since, gee....maybe the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I love the look of a watch and the beautiful precision of a watch but I cant stand the felling of it on my arm. I wear one out to diner..
    I`m the same way about my wedding band, can`t stand the feel of wearing a ring so it`s basically just a special occasion accessory. Don`t mind my watch, but I still wear it so little that it runs down now and then.

I gather that cell phones are kinda replacing watches for a lot of people. Doesn`t seem as convenient as glancing at one`s wrist, but then some folks seem to check their phones pretty often anyhow.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RSurfer- Ah, I see I`m not alone when it comes to still liking mechanicals.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a collection of watches. I often wear a different one every day. Just got a battery in my Frederique Constant moon phase watch. I really need to find a better watchmaker to service my Cartier Santos. I sadly haven`t been able to wear it for a few years now. I pick out what watch to wear with my outfit often matching the dial with the color of my shirt.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Mechanical is the only way to go. After my first big sale (software) I bought myself a Tag Carerra. Just had its first tune-up after 6 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a few but never wear them. My nicest is a Baume and Mercier I had got as a gift for my wedding 5 years ago. Wore it for the wedding and its pretty much sat in the box since. My father loves watches and has passed down a few to me over the years that end up sitting in boxes as well which I will probably give to my son. He has a Rolex from my grandfather which will pass down to me when he passes on which I am sad to say will probably also sit in a box and I will give it to my son. I just don`t like the feel on my wrist since I am not used to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I had multiple watches for a while but couldnt keep up with them. Only wore 1 or 2. Had a cheap automatic, liked it but it didnt hold real accurate time- it was a Seiko 5. Have a citizen i like but only wear my apple watch anymore.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bit of a of a watch nerd streak in me, but I only own 2~3. None are very expensive and I collected them over many years.

I always wear one and feel strange without one. Growing up my parents were always very punctual and passed that along to me. The only way to stay on time was to wear a watch. When I joined the military, I was told two things I should NEVER be without were a watch and pen/paper...OK, so that`s really three things. That has stuck with me ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RSurfer- Ah, I see I`m not alone when it comes to still liking mechanicals.
    Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    Mechanical is the only way to go. After my first big sale (software) I bought myself a Tag Carerra. Just had its first tune-up after 6 years.
    I love mechanicals/automatics. Right now I have a Seiko SKX007 diver and a boutique brand pilot watch with a Miyota automatic movement which needs repair and hasn`t been worn for a while. The Seiko has been bang-on reliable for years. My quartz is a Bulova Moon Watch chrono, but even then the small seconds hand has such a high beat rate it almost looks like a mechanical in the way it sweeps around the small dial.

As life becomes more high tech and digitized, I appreciate the workmanship and machine nature of mechanical watches even more. I`ll also freely admit I prefer the smooth sweep of the seconds hand on a watch face to the step motion of a quartz movement.
    Likes jatleson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, My wedding band came of the day after the wedding 22 years ago and has not been on since. My fat sausage fingers don`t fit in it any more. I won`t wear it because of feel and also the dangers it brings at work. Don`t want a finger ripped off from getting it stuck on something.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love watches and I sort of collect Citizen watches (that is all I can really afford.) My favorite is a Citizen Promaster Navihawk in Gold/Rose. It has Atomic Time Keeping so it is always correct. I like their watches are solar powered so I never have to have them opened up. I have had problems with the local watch repair techs at the jewelry store. They messed up my dive watch and I had to send it off to be repaired. I have to go to Atlanta now to have my dive watches` batteries changed. In a little town above Atlanta they do a good job and pressure test the dive watches after they service them. None of my Citizens have every let me down. I have been wearing a watch since I was 17 and my dad bought me a Timex to wear. I wore it until I lost it while I was trout fishing and I fell in the stream. I miss that watch since my dad bought it for me. Love looking at y`alls watches, the craftsmanship is incredible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that Promaster looks very intriguing! I might just have to keep my eye on that one!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple. Nothing too fancy. A nice citizen then 3 different Fossils. One of which was a gift from my brother for being his best man and is engraved on the back. The other 2 are from my wife. I have always wanted a Movado or something even nicer but unfortunately I am so damn busy detailing that it`ll never get worn! HAHAHA.

Keep posting the pics of your collections guys!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

There are many watches I would like to own but I think the cost would be in line with the cost of the automobiles I would like to own. Both can be very expensive hobbies/collections. Both worth collecting though just not cheap at least the ones I like.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information