Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Watches.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Seems like a great all around watch especially for the price!

What tool do you use for band removal? I only have a pencil-sized one with a tiny fork at the end.
    Yea the replacement straps came with one of those tiny fork things to pop the spring bars out. The cool thing about the NATO strap is that I can swap them out without having remove the spring bars. And on this watch I don’t think I’ll ever wear it on anything but a NATO.
    2022 VW Atlas - White (FK1000P)
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Pretty Much Maroon
    (FK1000P)

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Lake Buena Vista/Disney Springs,FL ATM and I visited a nice watch store today, Luxury of Time. They have Hublot, Breitling, Zenith, Ulysse Nardin,TAG Heuer and pre owned Rolex. Nice place for sure!

I don’t live near any good watch dealers so coming out here and stumbling upon this was a treat I wasn’t prepared for. I didn’t get anything though, not even a Citizen.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Lake Buena Vista/Disney Springs,FL ATM and I visited a nice watch store today, Luxury of Time. They have Hublot, Breitling, Zenith, Ulysse Nardin,TAG Heuer and pre owned Rolex. Nice place for sure!

I don’t live near any good watch dealers so coming out here and stumbling upon this was a treat I wasn’t prepared for. I didn’t get anything though, not even a Citizen.
    Good willpower. I would love to check out a place like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I was drooling over a Breitling Chronomat and the line of Zenith watches. It was a pleasant surprise but I just wasn’t prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Good willpower. I would love to check out a place like that.
    Haha I was gonna say he`s been well trained! But we can give him credit for willpower of his own.

That Breitling Chronomat is pretty slick looking. And the specs on it are pretty hefty too. I don`t know much about their in-house movements though.

I watched this video on Hodinkee yesterday that explains how the spring drive movement works; I think I found my "aspire-to" watch.
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/in...drive-movement
    2022 VW Atlas - White (FK1000P)
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Pretty Much Maroon
    (FK1000P)

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t worn a watch for many years, probably close to 20. This thread got the gears turning and I have an exam coming up where I needed a watch so I ordered a Citizen Eco drive promaster tough in black. I originally tried an Invicta but it was way too small on my wrist at 37mm.

Comparison below. It doesn’t look much smaller but on the wrist it was.

I spent more than I should have on the Quartz movement Citizen but I love it.

Some day I will start to grow my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

audicoupej- Good on you for matching the watch to your wrist size-wise. Makes sense to me, my Sub is 40mm (IIRC) and it looks right on my somewhat small wrist (sure wouldn`t want something bigger). Too many people wear watches that are way too big IMO, but as you found, sometimes it does go the other way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small wrist too(have to get a link removed from the bracelet to size the watch properly) and 40mm looks just fine on me.

I believe the current trend of oversized watches will fade and sizes like 36 and 40mm will be prevalent again.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small wrist too(have to get a link removed from the bracelet to size the watch properly)..
    Same here, had a few removed back in the day and then added most back as the exercise changed things.

I believe the current trend of oversized watches will fade and sizes like 36 and 40mm will be prevalent again.
    Heh heh, I`d think that "bigger is better" might stick around for a while but I`d love to be proven wrong.

Like I should talk..back when I got my Sub it must`ve looked huge on me But it was still exactly right for me, one of the few things I can still say that about >40 years on!

Post Thanks / Like

The Sub is so iconic and classic, Rolex decided not to mess with its size. They just upped the Datejust and Day-Date which I think look weird in their large size, but they must be selling very well.

Post Thanks / Like

They just upped the Datejust and Day-Date which I think look weird in their large size, but they must be selling very well.
    Heh heh, see..."bigger is better!" these days

Sorta-related, the thickness of my Dad`s Tudor bugs me whenever I wear it. Perhaps that`s part of why he (literally) never did..

Post Thanks / Like

It’s probably considered average by today’s standards

Post Thanks / Like

Could be...I`m hopelessly ignorant about the current trends. Once I decided to not pursue the Reverso I basically quit thinking about watches Guess I`m just happy to have that Category 100% fulfilled to my satisfaction...like, "this is my watch. full stop." Gee, I`m kinda that way about my cars these days too!

But if anything, I`d have thought that some kind of, uhm..advances...would make it easier to pack all that stuff into a thinner case and that the "wafer thin" watches would be status symbols. Perhaps that`s too subtle for the times at present.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information