Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Watches.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’d pretty much feel naked without a watch. Only time I don’t wear one is basically to detail. Different strokes....
    i feel naked without one as well. I almost always have a smart watch on while detailing and tinkering. Lets me skip tracks when the music gets bad and lets me see my text messages without having to have my phone on me!

Post Thanks / Like

I never have owned a smart watch...yet. Maybe one of these days since it can do so many things
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Just wearing a watch that`s not a mini-computer is getting a bit unusual these days! I know a surprising number of people who simply don`t wear a watch; I gather they look to their phones for such info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    And I`m with you on the G-shock, its the Toyota or Honda of watches, can`t kill it!
    But it does sound like you need to replace it now and then...eh, gee, I don`t mean to sound critical/etc., just sayin` and wondering whether I`ve missed something. Maybe I just think in weirdly extreme timeframes...almost like "decades instead of years" I really will be disappointed if I have to have my Sub serviced again in this lifetime, and I plan to be here for a good long while yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I never have owned a smart watch...yet. Maybe one of these days since it can do so many things
    I can definitely see the value in some functions. Just having a good, reliable heartrate monitor would be worthwhile.

Paranoid-ol`-me can`t buy into the constant connectivity/location tracking though, same category as OnStar where I`m concerned, only worse.
    Likes RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most people I know don’t wear a traditional watch either and yeah, rely on their phone for the time. Kinda like I assume if this were 100+ years ago they’d be relying on a pocket watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Watches.

I’m not a fan of the smart watch’s ability to know one’s location either.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like I assume if this were 100+ years ago they’d be relying on a pocket watch.
    Heh heh, a century from now I doubt those smart[devices] will work as well as my great-grandfather`s pocket watch still does [INSERT usual Disposable Culture Mindset rant HERE]

And gee, a hundred years ago things were transitioning to those newfangled wris````ches!

Hey, come to think of it, I don`t see nurses wearing those upside-down pendant watches these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not a fan of the smart watch’s ability to know one’s location either.
    Cell phones, tablets...the existence of GoogleEarth is bad enough for me, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    i feel naked without one as well. I almost always have a smart watch on while detailing and tinkering. Lets me skip tracks when the music gets bad and lets me see my text messages without having to have my phone on me!
    Ah, see..that`s the kind of thing I wouldn`t have thought of! Heh heh, it probably sounds like I live some wacky kind of Life in the Bubble these days

Gee, I`ve never sent, nor received (at least not that I actually looked at before deleting) a text via a phone. "Write me a letter!" after getting off my lawn

Post Thanks / Like

You do e mail though...

Post Thanks / Like

You do e mail though...
    Yeah, sigh...concession to the times.

Sigh#2, the Art of the Letter is dying off, and IMO it`s contributing to the Dumbing Down of the Culture. Consider the thought it takes to write a *perfectly* worded (let alone spelled) missive, pages long, in INK, with zero errors/edits. And people did that routinely as a matter of course for centuries. Busy people, who didn`t have electricity doing their chores for them. Boggles the mind...

Last time I was writing one in a public place a youngish person actually did the wide-eyed "OMG, are you writing an actual *letter*?!?" thing, you`d have thought I was weaving my own cloth the way she was about it. Gee, it was at a writing desk in the Correspondence Room of a resort where people had done it since forever too...why`d she think they have stationary there?!?

Post Thanks / Like

My hand writing is too illegible to write a letter. The recipient would be staring at it trying to make out the words. Sometimes I do too.

Post Thanks / Like

My hand writing is too illegible to write a letter. The recipient would be staring at it trying to make out the words. Sometimes I do too.
    Mine is, uhm...different, but decipherable. Some actually regard it favorably, though my view of that is "gee, go figure". It does take some effort though, if I were to just dash something off it`d probably be a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

The Seiko has arrived!
    I must admit, I was a little surprised by the packaging for a $75 watch. I guess it just goes to show how much Seiko cares about everything they make, from the $75 Seiko 5`s to the $30k Grand Seiko`s.

I am not a fan of the band that came with it but I have some NATO`s arriving today.

Watches.-seiko-5-1.jpg Watches.-seiko-5-2.jpg
    Watches.-seiko-5-3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 VW Atlas - White (FK1000P)
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Pretty Much Maroon
    (FK1000P)
    Likes Dan, trashmanssd, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Watches.

Seems like a great all around watch especially for the price!

What tool do you use for band removal? I only have a pencil-sized one with a tiny fork at the end.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information