The battle has begun, I pet you know the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Vehicle multiple dirt nibs

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoTaurus View Post
    The battle has begun, I pet you know the outcome

One thing I forgot to mention. Download an app to record face to face conversations and another one to record phone calls. I did that from the beginning. Both are legal and admissible should it come to that.
    I`ve got an app for in person recording that works great. It picks up voices really clearly from a decent distance. I just had my phone in a clip that went on my belt when I recorded. I would recommend either that or a if you have a shirt pocket put it in there. It would probably still work if you put it in your pants pocket, but might not be quite as clear.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

They offered 4K on a trade assist. But the deal I got the sales rep could not work a deal because of devaluation and my down payment . So we will see what’s next. The FCA rep tries to down play it by saying nothing’s perfect and its consumer acceptable. I told him I agree nothings perfect and would understand a few dirtnibs. He didn’t have a response.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s the lack of Understanding that will go on till you get rid of it about eco diesels at the dealer level. You already got one that has stumped them. You will get one tech that will work on them at a dealer. On occasion there are two. If that guy is good you will find out. There is very little info to FCA service for the trucks. Some of the answers I have gotten and directions I have been sent down shows they have no idea what they are looking at either. A few years when the eco diesel falls of the FCA face of the earth it will be very difficult to find anyone to work on them. Ask liberty diesel and Benz grand Cherokee diesel owners lol

Actual mechanical long blocks are not terrible at this point once they changed to 5w40 it seemed. They don’t have an aggressive enough fuel filter changing schedule either. That filter is nothing impressive and there is only one and USA fuel quality at the pumps is not great.

The intake swirl valves soot up as does the tmap sensor and egr stuff and many emissions sensors randomly fail, DEF fun you name it. Fuel gels in the winter list goes on

Great truck on paper not so wonderful in the real world.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks! I see dirt, sags, runs, die back, and other defects on almost all new cars but never as bad as yours sounds.

What model truck did you get? I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Limited and the paint is terribly too. A few dirt nibs here an there which don`t bother me so much but the die back in the paint is some of the worst I`ve seen! It`s a lease though so I don`t feel like putting the time into fixing it and I`ll probably wrap just the whole thing in PPF anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    It’s the lack of Understanding that will go on till you get rid of it about eco diesels at the dealer level. You already got one that has stumped them. You will get one tech that will work on them at a dealer. On occasion there are two. If that guy is good you will find out. There is very little info to FCA service for the trucks. Some of the answers I have gotten and directions I have been sent down shows they have no idea what they are looking at either. A few years when the eco diesel falls of the FCA face of the earth it will be very difficult to find anyone to work on them. Ask liberty diesel and Benz grand Cherokee diesel owners lol

Actual mechanical long blocks are not terrible at this point once they changed to 5w40 it seemed. They don’t have an aggressive enough fuel filter changing schedule either. That filter is nothing impressive and there is only one and USA fuel quality at the pumps is not great.

The intake swirl valves soot up as does the tmap sensor and egr stuff and many emissions sensors randomly fail, DEF fun you name it. Fuel gels in the winter list goes on

Great truck on paper not so wonderful in the real world.

Delete all of that emissions stuff and the truck will run much better. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Delete all of that emissions stuff and the truck will run much better. Lol
    Agreed but of course then you are stuck with a truck that most dealers will not honor the warranty. Not to mention technically illegal for on road use at that point. So it’s a double edged sword I would avoid to start with

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information