Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help cleaning Weathertech Mats

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Does the Sonus make them slippery? If not, this is an idea I would like to try...
    After bout an hr not slippery unless to much was put on

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always use LATA or Mckees tire and rubber rejuvenator on weathertech mats. Seems to do the trick.

Spray a ample amount of product, let dwell, scrub with a stiff bristle tire brush such as the Tuff Shine brush. Then pressure wash off.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    I always use LATA or Mckees tire and rubber rejuvenator on weathertech mats. Seems to do the trick.

Spray a ample amount of product, let dwell, scrub with a stiff bristle tire brush such as the Tuff Shine brush. Then pressure wash off.
    I don’t have the Weather Tech product but do have the factory Ford deep ridge full border mats in all corners of all of my vehicles. I think they may be a little more rubbery than the Weather Tech’s but I tell you the Mckee’s along with the Tuff Shine brush takes care of them perfectly.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Atlasta soft tip parts cleaning style brush. Those small grooves and tight contours of the Weathertechs are hard to get a good angle with my Tuf Shine brush. The Atlasta brush has such dense bristles that seem to get places on the WT’s that other brushes can’t agitate.

My only tip with WT mats is try to get gray or tan colored mats over black. My tan mats are over 5 years old and look brand new. The black mats in my Lexus show every little scuff, scratch and small imperfection. I got black mats over gray, because I have black dash piecez. The tan mats don’t show nearly as much dirt. I imagine gray mats are similar to tan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Does the Sonus make them slippery? If not, this is an idea I would like to try...
    I dried a set of WT’s once with a dry towel that I had previously used with Wolfgang Uber detail spray. The dried residue of Uber when wetted with the water on the mats reactivated the Uber’s slickness. I got in the van the next time I drove it and my mats were like little ice rinks

I wish I had some Sonus to try. I wonder if PERL diluted at a ultra low concentration would work like Sonus, without adding slickness?

Post Thanks / Like

The cleaning them isn’t too hard. It’s the final product to put on them

I have the weather tech 2 bottle set. Both work pretty well. The cleaner isn’t anything revolutionary but the Protection spray works decent.

As far as the different colors go I have all three and they have there pluses and minuses. The grey and tan can stain where you can’t really clean it out. I haven’t tried acid yet but for most normal cleaning methods like their own cleaner and normal apcs I can get some stuff out of it. The black look worn and scuffed the quickest.

They serve a nice utilitarian purpose though. I had Husky mats before in a few cars and those weren’t bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information