Post Thanks / Like

Ford vs Ferrari - Film review

I`ve been watching a film titled, The 24 Hour War - and had to come on here with my fellow car guys to suggest this.

Some info from Amazon (I believe this is a Prim Original)
    Genres Documentary, Special Interest
    Director Adam Carolla, Nate Adams
    Starring AJ Baime, Henry Ford III, David Hobbs
    Supporting actors Mario Andretti, Gordon Chance, Richard Attwood, Edsel Ford II, Brian Laban, Carlo Tazzioli, Piero Ferrari, Peter Brock, Ralph Nader, Jackie Oliver, Brian Redman, Lee Holman, Mauro Forghieri, Bob Bondurant, Dan Gurney, Mose Nowland, Preston Lerner, Charlie Agapiou, Allen Grant, John Surtees
    Studio 24 Hour War, Inc.
    Producers Nate Adams, Adam Carolla, Mike August, Norm Pattiz
    Captions and subtitles English [CC] Details
    Audio English
    Purchase rights Stream instantly Details
    Format Prime Video (streaming online video)

So I somewhat knew a bit of the Ford vs Ferrari battle at Le Mans in the early 1960s. This film added to what I already knew. It added a whole bunch more!!

This is filmed in a documentary style, so if you`re not into those, you may want to skip it.

There is a nice amount of B&W photos, some footage from back in the days. YES! Real deal footage of behind the scenes with some of the key players, some race footage from various viewpoints.

Some speakers that I know of include Henry Ford, Jr., son of Enzo Ferrari (sorry, I forgot the name), Mario Andretti, Bondurant, Carol Shelby, along several others including, but not limited to, authors, historians, mechanics, crew members, drivers, etc.

I want to get into more detail, but then I risk spoilers. I won`t be able to help myself.

The story is far better than I knew. I`m really enjoying this film. The race car footage is great. The speakers are great. The photos and narration are great. it`s GREAT!

Hopefully, those of you who choose to watch this, feel the same way.

WARNING: Some graphic material is included, viewer discretion is advised (seriously).
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, Eliot Ness liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ford vs Ferrari - Film review

Hermano Jesus !
    Hope you guys are all good over there..

Thank you so much for the heads-up on this film !

I love the Ford GT40 so much I have it on my business card and until just recently had a really nice sized pic of a beautiful yellow one on the sides of my Black Grand Cherokee, along with all my Detailing business information...

I have just moved this film over to my Amazon Prime Watch List, so I can see it on a big screen sometime..
    Already knew the story from when it actually happened, and it is always great to see it from another perspective with a lot of real racing footage..
    These guys were men`s men back then !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I love the Ford GT40 so much I have it on my business card and until just recently had a really nice sized pic of a beautiful yellow one on the sides of my Black Grand Cherokee, along with all my Detailing business information...
    Dan F
    Wow.... You really do love it!!!

Before watching this, I didn`t know Caroll Shelby played such a big role in those Le Mans wins! Not enough credit given to that man and his team
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Wow.... You really do love it!!!

Before watching this, I didn`t know Caroll Shelby played such a big role in those Le Mans wins! Not enough credit given to that man and his team
    Brother --
    Yes, I love that beast of a car !
    For sure Carroll Shelby was a huge influence on the success of that car and of course all the Shelby cars that came out afterwards...
    Heck of a guy that was not just a smart guy, but one who actually sat behind the wheel and raced those cars, learning so much more than all the slide rules and math that that era had to offer..
    I downloaded that movie to my Amazon Prime account and perhaps by the weekend will have time to watch it ! Thanks again for finding it !!
    Dan F

Thread Information