Thread: Positivity

Post Thanks / Like

Positivity

A positive event in your life, you enjoy looking back on. I woke up this morning throughly depressed. So I was looking at pictures of good things in my life, to make myself feel better. Then I decided why not make a thread of good things that have happened. Feel free to share yours.

2009 MIS June race. Got the chance to go as guests of JTG Daugherty racing. Jody and Tad where great hosts. Both of them where very down to earth. My wife and I got to spend time with them in their motor coach, before they showed us around. They induced us to other owners and drivers, not just their own team. We had lunch with the entire team before the race. We got to watch the race from atop the pit box. What a privilege it was to meet such wonderful people that day. To be such gracious hosts for us. It was so much more than I imagined, because of Tad and Jody. Even my wife enjoyed it, and she thinks car races are stupid. What a great day, and another time I got to share with my wife.
    Positivity-img_0166.jpgPositivity-img_0165.jpgPositivity-img_0157.jpgPositivity-img_0156.jpgPositivity-img_0162.jpgPositivity-img_0161.jpgPositivity-img_0158.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, mc2hill, nickclark08, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Positivity

Very cool !!!!

Me I`m happy for every day!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been fortunate to have a few. Sadly none too recently, but here`s a couple memorable ones.

- 15 Years ago while stationed in the UK, my family joined a couple others on a trip to Southern Ireland. One day was spent hitting the major sites and we ended at Blarney Castle, home of the famous stone. The castle was a treat for me, but the castle`s gardens were the highlight for my family. The weather was perfect and my daughters ran around the flowers and grass for hours doing nothing in particular and blissfully happy in a way only small children can be. I remember it like yesterday.

- Last fall attended a local Cars and Coffee with my oldest daughter. She has always attended these events with me despite the early Saturday wake up required. The event wasn`t anything spectacular, but I knew she was going to be graduating from college and getting married before we`d be able to attend any more together. We had a fantastic time, great conversation, followed up by an amazing lunch with my wife and youngest daughter. Probably the last time we`ll get a chance to do something like it and another highpoint as a father and husband.
    Likes Coleroad, nickclark08, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I stay positive by reminding myself how fortunate I`ve been (and still am) to not have so many of the, uhm... concerns that weigh so heavily on so many people. I have a great life and it would be wrong to not appreciate it; feeling sorry for myself is not justified.

Several experiences do stand out though:

-The way I was able to reach my students, especially the At-Risk ones, when I was at the U

-My Adrenal Stress Conditioning experiences at RMCAT (which was also a biggie for my wife; we did our RMCAT stuff together. It simply reset how I experience life)

-My performances while training at VDI, especially my final recertification drive (the way it turned out to almost certainly be "final" could`ve been a real bummer, but nah...[crap] happens, but life`s still good)

In all three cases, it boiled down to doing that which was so daunting as to seem virtually impossible, and doing it over and over until being able to accomplish such stuff became my New Normal. THAT altered my entire World-View for the better and basically rendered my life`s disappointments insignificant.
    Likes nickclark08, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ran this topic past Accumulatorette, and while she does rank her RMCAT experiences as runner-up, *her* #1 Big Positive Moment was driving-related too!

She flashes back to...Walking back from the pit area at MidOhio after a TrackTime session (where she *schooled* guys in serious sportscars while driving a stock S-class Benz, literally lap) and being congratulated on her skills by the instructors, who hadn`t exactly expected her to do so well, let alone in that car.
    Likes Coleroad, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Thread Information