View Poll Results: What do you rest your polisher on?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cart

9 37.50%
  • Workbench

3 12.50%
  • Portable platform

6 25.00%
  • Folding table

0 0%
  • Floor

3 12.50%
  • Other

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poll: What do you rest your polisher on?

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I have a small Craftsman cart that has been so useful over the years, sometimes I`ll have the buckets out and set them on top if I`m working on the sides of the car.

Is that Subaru your new LSP test canvas? Like the color. Nice cart too.

Post Thanks / Like

I won`t be able to see it much so I put down Gyeon Mohs and Prime 50/50 for a long term durability test. They`re still spraying these Japanese paints really thin, a lot of measurements in the 80-90 micron range brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    WaxAddict- Hey, good thinking mounting those lights like that!

Your cart looks like it might be the one that HF copied, really *really* similar. Hey, I can`t remember mine`s labels...maybe they`re the same! Where`d you get yours?
    Thanks Accum. As you can see, I also electrified the cart with a good quality power strip bolted to the bottom. It`s been a great cart. I like the holes near the handle for bottles, and the towel rack. I got it on Amazon. I thought about the HF cart but the casters are better on this one.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    ... I got it on Amazon. I thought about the HF cart but the casters are better on this one.
    Ah, OK..didn`t think to pass judgement on the HF`s casters (which in my case will, luckily, be pampered).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, but no matter how big my shop...I always end up crowding it with all that [stuff] I can`t live without

Funny though, I find that having (a total of) four carts is *just right* for me. Makes my over-the-top approach to everything go a lot smoother and thus it at least *seems* easier.

`

I`m pleasantly surprised that the quality is OK. Had my doubts, but I wouldn`t spend one cent more for something better. They`ll last longer than I will and I`m gonna be here for a while.

BUT..I waited until each size was on sale before buying, so keep an eye peeled for those coupons.

And, heh heh...while I might`ve been in the right mood or something, I kinda enjoyed assembling them.

Oh...just thought of this too..the boxes they come in are kinda big, so take the right vehicle if you go shopping for `em.

I`m currently clearing the garage of stuff I can`t live without, so I can add more stuff I can`t live without! Out with the old, in with the still-old-just-different.

In *your* case, having four carts seems to make sense! I don`t think I can see it any other way. If I had the space, I`d probably do similar. Maybe two carts, though. Maybe four. If/when I get more space, haha, I`ll find out!

Coupons!!! My wife loves coupons. She gets all excited when she walks out of the store checking the receipt to see what she saved. (Recently, 76% in savings)

The Griot`s Cart I got was NOT fun to assemble. Those legs were tight to put on the shelves, and that was using some "lube" to make it easier.

YES! Those boxes are big. I had mine delivered to my work and people were asking what I bought. I forget what nonsense answer I gave them. BIG. Fit easily in the Yaris, though. Love that little hatchback So if I go to a store for another cart down the line, yeah, the Yaris will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hola` Hermano !

I use the same black plastic 2-shelf carts from almost 2 decades ago and they still work great !
    On the top shelf I have room for the Makita Rotary, the bottles of product I am using, some pads, a bottle of pad conditioner, cotton and microfiber towels..

Breaks down really fast without any fasteners, into 2 shelves that hold the 4 legs with the wheels, fits flat into any vehicle easily..
    I found one that looks just like it on amazon dot com -- https://www.amazon.com/Utility-Cart-...Y2&pd_rd_r=MCA

Dan F
    Hermano Dan.

Two decades of use is a long time! Money that was well spent. And it sounds like you have your system in place.

I like the idea of breaking it down to fit in a vehicle. Could come in handy for mobile jobs. But, the Yaris already gets filled with stuff and Not sure I`d have enough room for a cart. But no biggie. Not working details jobs these days, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Depending on what part of the car I`m doing: cart, washing machine, dryer, tool chest, motorcycle seat, shelf, chair, aluminum stool, ice chest.

My cart, with lights. Polisher on bottom but it`s usually all over the place.

I was looking at the Wen when shopping for my cart. I like the cup holders and towel rack!!

I really like how those lights fit on it...as if they were made for that cart! And that`s an excellent idea as well. Thanks for posting that pic

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I have a small Craftsman cart that has been so useful over the years, sometimes I`ll have the buckets out and set them on top if I`m working on the sides of the car.

How many shelves on the Craftsman? Looks like two? Nice Subaru. I`m digging that color.

Thank you guys for voting, posting pics, and adding some chat. Much appreciated.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information