Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I do believe I`m being mocked...

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    no. I lived a few miles away. It was only a PO Box in Howell, NJ. I think he sold it out of his home or from an address that he did not disclose.
    I do remember vaguely talking to him (Sal) on the phone and others saying they did. This has been darn near 20 years ago

But did anyone ever meet this man ? Surely he had to have been at car shows and stuff like that at least back in the late 90s when it started being big

Zaino looks good. Still does IMO. I don’t recall any protection problems worse or better than anything else in my area

I like what you have done Kurt. People are always going to be jealous and have to speak up to try to make it seem like they or their ideas are better just cause you are stealing some light from them in their mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Same place.

Guy asks if compound and MF polishing pad is needed to remove coating.

First response, “try a heavy Dawn soap scrub”.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Same place.

Guy asks if compound and MF polishing pad is needed to remove coating.

First response, “try a heavy Dawn soap scrub”.
    Someone may want to eat off the surface of car.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thank you for your wonderful insight.
    You’re welcome. I’ve used the stuff for 20 years with no problems.
    Likes Stokdgs, WaxManRonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t resist. Depending on how it goes, I may link the furniture polish thread.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Ronkh, BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    You’re welcome. I’ve used the stuff for 20 years with no problems.
    Great for you. A simple search for zaino and etching will turn up posts on just about every auto forum. Just because you didn`t have problems with it doesn`t mean it is flawless for everyone. Furthermore discounting others experience just serves to make you look like a zaino zealot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Great for you. A simple search for zaino and etching will turn up posts on just about every auto forum. Just because you didn`t have problems with it doesn`t mean it is flawless for everyone. Furthermore discounting others experience just serves to make you look like a zaino zealot.
    Not discounting your experience. My rebuttal is against your claim of being better off with no protection than having Zaino. A simple search of anything will always turn up a different opinion from yours. Even something that you consider the best product in the world. Not a zealot about anything such as this.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we all remember when Zaino Z2, Z5 was one of the best coatings 20 years ago ? I cant remember anything else on the market like it..

I was fascinated that it required the addition of the catalyst ZFX to make it work better and last longer - but - you could still only apply 3 coats per 24 hour period I believe...

I used so much of it on everyone`s cars, I had to go buy a bag of 1/2 ounce plastic flip-top bottles so I could just mix about half that much and not have to worry about what to do with it if I had any left over... I still have a lot of those new plastic bottles left over..

Remember calling Sal Zaino back then, and asking him if he would please sell me the Z9 Leather Soft Cleaner and the Z10 Leather In A Bottle Conditioner in larger quantities, and he gave me his best, gruff, "No" and that was the end of the conversation.. Definitely a man of few words..

And after all those decades, I still like Z9 and Z10 for some leather interior work..

Just did a 2003 BMW 540iT (actually a 4.6 custom motor) with the full M5 Interior, quad pipes, etc., and the Leather came out beautifully after being cleaned with Z9 that was brushed in and then Steamed out with a white towel.. An amazing amount of dark dirt gunk came out with no hard wiping or scrubbing; just place the triangular brush with white towel on it and turn on the steam...

Owner wanted the Z10 and it really made that `03 vintage, dry, getting a little stiff, black leather really soft and great smelling... I had him smell the choices I had - Leather Masters, Spinneybeck, Einszett, and Zaino and he picked the Zaino..
    Dan F
    Likes Loach, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a bottle of Zaino tire dressing in a milk crate on the shelf in my garage. Was my preferred dressing until I started using WETS not too long ago. I also still get emails from them.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a bottle of Zaino tire dressing in a milk crate on the shelf in my garage. Was my preferred dressing until I started using WETS not too long ago. I also still get emails from them.
    How ironical you should mention Zaino email or did you get one this morning as well?

I used the Z tire dressing for years too. Boy, that stuff really gets into the tire; when I was cleaning tires prior to applying TuffShine to them 2 years ago, it took about 15 `spray, scrub, rinse` cycles to get all the years of Z tire dressing off of the Michelins.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, yup same e-mail this morning. Forgot, I also have a Zaino 5 gallon wash bucket with grit guard and gamma seal lid.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an attempt to justify the time spent to put 84 layers of Zaino on.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Sounds like an attempt to justify the time spent to put 84 layers of Zaino on.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I bet if there are that many layers of Zaino Z2, Z5 on paintwork, it will look like it has that many layers..

Never had the time to do that much - was too busy doing it for others - but the local Zaino Rep`s vehicles I saw Always looked amazing with those zilliion layers on them...
    It was like another layer of clearcoat on top of the clearcoat...

Great to see that the company has embraced the power of the Internet to advertise...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I have some bottles of this also !! Lovely stuff in its time.. It never lasted very long in rainy Bellevue, WA...

Once I bought Tuff-Shine - a long time ago - there has been so much time I gained from not having to mess with the tires anymore..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

The old Z16 is still my fave Tire Slime, we`ll see how long my last bottles last me as I`m only using it up on the good cars, which I haven`t been driving.

On their LSPs, I can appreciate the signature look on colors like white, but otherwise it`s simply not how I want my vehicles to look, and note that I`m fine with the appearance of FK1000P (i.e., I don`t necessarilly mind that "sealanty" look on some paints). Z is about the only LSP I can ID IRL..."hey, nice car, is that Zaino? Yeah...thought so..."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information