Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I do believe I`m being mocked...

And here I thought the "Zaino Wars" were dead after all this time !!!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Ronkh, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I was gonna tell him to save a few $$ and get dg...

I still may.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, BadgerRivFan, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I was looking into the old Zaino discussions, ran across one thread somewhere and it discussed people driving around NJ looking for the Z factory, if the building at one place looked like a production or office HQ...brand sure does inspire passion on both sides.

Post Thanks / Like

oops
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    oops
    No one took the bait yet.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

He did make a point that I can relate to regarding Feynlab being the closest to Zaino; when I used the Feynlab Ceramic + TopCoat a few weeks ago, it has one of the most `brilliant` shines of the products I have used, not too deep but bright and brilliant for sure. It *is* the closest to the Zaino look from what I remember. Downside is the product smells like a toilet mint but if`n ya can get by that, neat stuff (Feynlab).

Regardless, if I had a car of limited usage (as OP in that thread does) I`d likely just drop Pinnacle Souveran paste on it and call it a day if I did not want to bother with coating.
    Likes JustJesus, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

He actually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy. I don’t think he was trying to be malicious either. From other posts, I gather he uses primarily Zaino in his business.

Were you around over there when Wolfdogs(ken) still frequented? I swore he was Sal Zaino himself. He got me hooked on it after seeing his black GTO on the GTO forum with a bazillion coats. Then later the Vette forum. I lost count after 28 on my GTO.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    He actually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy. I don’t think he was trying to be malicious either. From other posts, I gather he uses primarily Zaino in his business.
    Nah, not malicious...just healthy discourse. I just found the word choice to be entertaining because, well, I can be a bit wordy. There was some residual effect from a previous claim that appearance was in no way subjective, but rather an easily quantifiable and concrete concept and prefacing his assertions with "I am a high end detailer in Silicon Valley area where there are more expensive cars per capita than any area of the country" (or some such phrasing) to substantiate his perception that *nothing* looks better than the Z-stuff, without allowing for the possibility that it might not look better *to me*.

Were you around over there when Wolfdogs(ken) still frequented? I swore he was Sal Zaino himself. He got me hooked on it after seeing his black GTO on the GTO forum with a bazillion coats. Then later the Vette forum. I lost count after 28 on my GTO.
    I do remember him (Wolfdog) but mostly from the Off-Topic section which I used to find extraordinarily entertaining about 8-9 years ago, back when there was lengthy discussions regarding airplanes on conveyor belts and Lea Thompson plugging the forum. I also recall when England Green was one of the first to apply Zaino with a DA and EvilTwin with his wheels/rotors that he spent countless hours polishing (and they looked beyond incredible).

I never made it beyond 5 coats of Zaino in a season and I do miss the days where ordering the $125 `Complete Show Car Kit` every Spring seemed horribly extravagant.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[Original Post DELETED...toned-down version follows]

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    N..There was some residual effect from a previous claim that appearance was in no way subjective, but rather an easily quantifiable and concrete concept..
    Anybody who disregards the subjective factors in a vehicle`s appearance is missing the point of the whole LSP Appearance thing. And his argument (..."I am a high end detailer in Silicon Valley area where there are more expensive cars per capita than any area of the country" ...) for why his opinion is valid is simply laughable. I know middle schoolers who`d call him out on that.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to take anyone seriously who claims there is a best LSP, even less so when they say it is Zaino. I drank the Zaino-aid for probably a decade. I do love the look of it on silver and some metallics. Also looks pretty good on white. The funny thing is, if you play around with LSPs, you can almost always find a better looking LSP for a particular application.

The other issue is the horrific protection Zaino provides. In my experience in the Mid-Atlantic, you are really better off without anything on your paint. Zaino makes bird bombs, acid rain, and hard water etchings worse than unprotected paint.

Post Thanks / Like

He`s pretty much very impressed with himself....

He always gives his "advice" when I ask ?`s like should I do more for this or that show.........
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It is hard to take anyone seriously who claims there is a best LSP, even less so when they say it is Zaino. I drank the Zaino-aid for probably a decade. I do love the look of it on silver and some metallics. Also looks pretty good on white. The funny thing is, if you play around with LSPs, you can almost always find a better looking LSP for a particular application.

The other issue is the horrific protection Zaino provides. In my experience in the Mid-Atlantic, you are really better off without anything on your paint. Zaino makes bird bombs, acid rain, and hard water etchings worse than unprotected paint.
    I don’t believe that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I was looking into the old Zaino discussions, ran across one thread somewhere and it discussed people driving around NJ looking for the Z factory, if the building at one place looked like a production or office HQ...brand sure does inspire passion on both sides.
    no. I lived a few miles away. It was only a PO Box in Howell, NJ. I think he sold it out of his home or from an address that he did not disclose.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep doing what you do BudgetMan. You are very thorough but you also keep it fun. For a lot of us this is a passionate hobby. Hobbyies are supposed to be fun.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    I don’t believe that.
    Thank you for your wonderful insight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information