Thread: Sore loser

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sore loser

She will some day regret this action. That regret will be nearly as painful as the loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Disrespectful and selfish!

Post Thanks / Like

It`s kind of like the Kyle Bush reaction to not finishing first. Stomp off like a five year old. It`s always disappointing to not win. You don`t disrespect country, fans , sponsors, etc.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Life is full of winners and losers. She better get used to it. Disappointment is one thing, class is another.
    Jay
    Likes Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is. I witnessed the EXACT same thing at an early 2000`s Division 1 (the largest High Schools) Wisconsin Boy`s State Basketball Tournament Championship Game when a prominent Milwaukee inner city high school team lost to what I am sure they considered a lesser opponent. Each team member removed their silver-metal (AKA champion runner-up) after receiving it as they walked off the awards podium. My wife, who is not a basketball fan, said with an unsportsman-like attitude like that, they deserved to loose. Like she said, there were two other teams who had lost in the semi-finals who would be more than happy to receive a runner-up metal.

I also remember in the early 1990`s at the Class C (the smallest high schools) Boys State Basketball Championship Game, a very small school, Goodman-Armstrong Creek, lost to Cassville HS, who happen to have 2-time Wisconsin`s Mr. Basketball 6`-10" Sam Oke on that Cassville team in his junior year, and the team captain from G-AC HS said to the media that "there was nothing wrong with a 2nd-place metal". Many young people who play basketball can only DREAM of making it to state and only a few teams are good enough to make it, let alone play in a champion ship game. Win or loose, at least this young person knew he and his team had made it that far.

While we may not understand the heartbreak of someone not achieving their ultimate goal as a champion, (no pun intended to the hockey players), especially when they think (and probably are) better than the opponent that they played against, you still have to play the game. The 1980 Russia-USA Men`s hockey game is a reminder of that. (Remember coach Herb Brook`s saying "Play you game" to the players on the bench in the closing moments??)
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what the result is going to be of "our" new found practice of awarding a trophy to everyone. No winners or losers, just participants. Surely we wouldn`t want to hurt anyone feelings. Don`t mind me, I`m just stirring the pot!
    Jay
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Thread Information