Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks with weather tech floor mats

Thanks to this forum’s recommendation I have the top of the line Weather Tech floor liners in my daily driver. They fit like they were poured in place for my car. No gaps, not one fit issue and I’m picky as hell. I love that these were made in the USA. The quality it amazing. They fit my factory mat hold down posts as designed.

My initial fear about these being slippery when wet has been dispelled. I have driven in pouring rain and some light snow in timberlands, sneakers and dress shoes and have not experienced and slip issues. I believe these will Best contain any mess from Sand, water and snow.

I’m not sure what happens say if you get a clogged drain and the carpet under the liner gets wet. You won’t know it until you smell it or the floor board rusts out ? It’s a lease so I’m not overly concerned. I live my DD life 39 months at a time lol. A small view window molded into the Liner would give me some confidence.

The feel as you get in is something I’m still not used to. The hard plastic feels unfinished to me as I’ve become accustomed to the soft carpet feel. Yes I’m getting Old I guess. I though I’d get used to it quickly but in the few weeks I’ve had them I’m still not loving that particular aspect. I’m also keeping them so it’s not too bad either. A velvet type finish that my wife All weather mats is much nicer feeling and quieter. Those are the BMW factory all weather mats the dealer threw in with the deal in addition to the plush carpet mats.

The weather tech liners never look really clean except after I just clean them and until the first rain. After cleaning them, all it takes is one Lite rain and it leaves a dirty mess on the liners that the carpets hide. The plus side on the weather tech is a quick wipe with a MF and some waterless wash and the WT liners are perfectly clean in seconds. Vacuuming the WT is also quick and easy. I’d say vacuuming is 4x less time consuming.

My conclusion is I will own weather tech mats for every car I drive in the winter. And carpet mats for the summer. This way my carpet mats that come with the lease will make it 3 years since they get 9 months less wear over 3 years. I might change my mind after a summer at the beach so I’ll update this after the summer and the Sand.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few weeks with weather tech floor mats

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I’m not sure what happens say if you get a clogged drain and the carpet under the liner gets wet. You won’t know it until you smell it or the floor board rusts out ?
    I pull mine out, or at least inspect the floor area regularly enough that I`d notice long before anything became an issue. I think you`ll find that just the routine stuff you do to any vehicle will cover stuff like that.

EDIT: Hmm...am I the only person here who cleans the floormats/pedals almost daily during the winter? There`s some kind of mess (esp. salt stains) on those surfaces after most every use during Real Winter Weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpeted mats are a thing of the past for me. Weathertech year round. My factory carpeted floor mats are still brand new in the bag.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes trashmanssd, Frankf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did finally put some (generic fit...or at least I think they are, had `em for ages) Rubber Techs in the A8 over the oe carpeted mats. Those are finally just wearing out (hey, 18 years of daily, year-round use) and so I finally weakened. Gotta say that not doing touchups on carpeted mats daily is a relief (Accumulatorette seems to use that car daily for one thing or another).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Carpeted mats are a thing of the past for me. Weathertech year round. My factory carpeted floor mats are still brand new in the bag.
    I’m with you pa year round protection worth the money, I got front rear and cargo liner for the wife’s 2018 MKC.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I pull mine out, or at least inspect the floor area regularly enough that I`d notice long before anything became an issue. I think you`ll find that just the routine stuff you do to any vehicle will cover stuff like that.

EDIT: Hmm...am I the only person here who cleans the floormats/pedals almost daily during the winter? There`s some kind of mess (esp. salt stains) on those surfaces after most every use during Real Winter Weather.
    I look at my pedals and want to clean the salt/sand/encrusted dirt off them, but I close the door and then forget about it. I haven’t vacuumed my cars in months. I rinse and scrub my Weathertechs when needed. Weathertechs with flat floors cover 95% of the carpets. It takes me 5-10 minutes in the spring to vacuum out a winters worth of sand that isn’t caught by the WT’s.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Same here, mats for my Sienna and RX 330 are both relegated to permanent storage until sold. You know you lead an exciting life when my Weathertechs are my most prized vehicle accessory
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Getting some for mine!

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- Heh heh, I got a real kick out of your "...I close the door and forget about `em.." and "haven`t vacuumed in months.."!

I mean, sheesh, what can Mr. Clean `Em Every Day (AKA Yours Truly ) say when I haven`t done a proper wash on the Tahoe for *MONTHS* myself?!?

Part of imy mats/pedals thing is just that we gotta have `em clean or it could cause issues with our footwear or the cuffs of pants/etc., at least the soles of our shoes (again, clean `em after any winter exposure). And sigh...yeah...I just can`t stand being around dirty stuff period. While I haven`t done more than pressure wash the Tahoe since forever, I do clean it`s (black pebble-grained plastic) door handles/side steps/etc. *ALL* the time...anything we touch in life is gonna be clean if I have anything to say about it.

They must use more grit/sand/gravel in our area, our WT/etc. mats catch a *ton* of it, I can often scoop it out with my hand before I start the vacuuming, and that`s after *one* trip.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And I *still* think it`s weird that they won`t/wouldn`t make Floor Liners for Crown Vics/Grand Marquis! All those LE vehicles, all those taxis, all those in private hands...they didn`t/won`t even though they made them for Town Cars (minor diffs but enough that the TC ones don`t always interchange).

Guy from the CV forum went there to meet with them, offered to presell the whole production run, and they flat-out told him to get lost, weren`t even properly nice about it (according to him). I want to like WT, but they don`t make it easy for me. Seems like I just have the wrong vehicles for their stuff...And FWIW, when I compared their Floor Liners with Husky ones, guess which I ended up staying with

Post Thanks / Like

when I compared their Floor Liners with Husky ones, guess which I ended up staying with
    Surprised you didn`t like the Husky liners--I`ve heard good reports about them and they seem to cover more in certain areas such as over the drivers dead peddle on the left. Also, made in USA and life time warranty.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Surprised you didn`t like the Husky liners--I`ve heard good reports about them and they seem to cover more in certain areas such as over the drivers dead peddle on the left. Also, made in USA and life time warranty.
    I took it that Accumulator chose the Husky liners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ..when I compared their Floor Liners with Husky ones, guess which I ended up staying with
    -AND-

Surprised you didn`t like the Husky liners....
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing
    I took it that Accumulator chose the Husky liners.
    Heh heh, new sport- figuring out what the [flip] Accumulator`s trying to say

I clearly expressed myself badly again, Note to Self...

pwaug, try guessing which I went with *again* and I`ll bet you get it right I preferred the Husky ones.

So add my experiences to the Positive Recommendations for Husky camp.
    Thanks pwaug thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I preferred the Husky ones.

So add my experiences to the Positive Recommendations for Husky camp.
    Good to hear as I`m waiting until March when the Husky`s will be available for my 2018 Tiguan.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

G.. I`m waiting until March when the Husky`s will be available for my 2018 Tiguan.
    I bet you`ll like `em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information