Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Bowl ticket prices.

If I had tickets, I would sell them.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Well, having watched the majority of the SuperBowls except when I was gone in the USAF, it is sad to observe as the players get paid these astronomical salaries, their production as professional football players has degraded to the point that it is not even fun to watch anymore..

Any of you guys that played football in school, remember how they taught us to put your headgear in the guys chest when you tackled him as hard as you could and drive him backwards ??? You ran toward him, full speed, and put it on him - when was the last time you saw anyone doing that today??

Anything past the line of scrimmage, these lightweights, defensive backs, etc., they look like girls out there just gingerly putting a hand out as the guy runs past them full speed.. It`s sad...

Someone is hurt about every other down, has to be carted off the field.. etc..

Speaking of Green Bay, way back before Lonnie was born, the Green Bay Packers were some of the toughest real men football players around...
    Both Defensive and Offensive players, toughest, hardest hitting, knock you on your a$$ men in football..

And they always got up and walked back to the huddle, no crying, rolling around on the snow covered field, etc...
    And none of them even dreamed what some of these lightweight guys would be getting paid today - for what ??????

It is getting less and less fun to watch it even casually....
    It has evolved into too much drama, making it "my own agenda even though I suck as an athlete", bunch of selfish whiners club for way too many..

Thank goodness for the remaining really great men who play great football out there and work hard every down, if it weren`t for them, it would not be real football any longer...
    Dan F
    Last GB tough man was Favre. Broke his thumb on his throwing hand, had a cast on it and still throwed the damn football and made plays. He had his consecutive start streak for a reason

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia is having a super bowl sale. 25% off your entire order today. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/
    i made my order last night . Spent a hundred free shipping, free microfiber towel set, and it was only $75.

As as far as the super bowl. I wouldn`t pay out the money to support the NFL. They are the only major sport that shows such blatant disrespect for our nation. If they hate it that much move to some other country. Because of this, I even refuse to support them by watching on tv.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have worn the uniform to allow the players to do the kneeling, doesn`t mean I approve or like it tho.

Dave
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is copied from a news site. Is it creditable ?, don`t know but it sounds realistic.

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker accused the NFL of giving out "hush money" to stop players from kneeling for the National Anthem.

Walker cited a controversial $100 million donation to social justice organizations that the NFL offered players.

"The league gave the players a large sum of money toward their cause. That`s hush money," Walker said. Walker, who is black, added that he didn`t think that players should have been kneeling at all.

The National Anthem controversy was first started last season by now-former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. But it reached fever pitch when Trump criticized the protests in the middle of last year.

As a result of both the initial protest – which, according to polls, was opposed by the majority of Americans –the NFL has seen cratering TV rankings and, embarrassingly, half-empty stadium, as fans abandoned the sport in droves.
    Read more at REPORT: NFL Gave Players `Hush Money` to Keep Them From THIS | American Action News

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

The kneeling is about disrespecting the flag or the USA. it`s about injustice. Kaepernick should be applauded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    The kneeling is about disrespecting the flag or the USA. it`s about injustice. Kaepernick should be applauded.
    Then find another way. People pay good money to watch a game not a protest.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Then find another way. People pay good money to watch a game not a protest.

Dave
    supposed to read "not respecting"

Post Thanks / Like

Police shoot more white people every year than any other race. All kinds of people from all races face discrimination. I have been pulled over before, for driving through areas I was told I didn`t belong in. It was the shortest way to get to where I was going. I`ve been pulled over and removed from the car at gunpoint. Just because my car fit a description of a apb. I`ve been accused more than once of drunk driving. This because of my physical handicap. I don`t even drink alcohol, I only drink water in fact. I`ve been yelled racial slurs at by those of other races before. The only way you are held back from your true potential, is by your own actions. You may not get a job because someone doesn`t like the way you look, talk, etc, but there`s plenty of other opportunities. Things are not handed to most. Most people work hard to achieve things. I`ve been knocked down hard many times in my life, but that would not give me the right to disrespect my country. Martin Luther king, rosa parks, they didn`t disrespect this country. They stood up for their beliefs in constructive ways. They didn`t promote violence. They didn`t desecrate the flag, or the national anthem. There`s a right way to move for action and wrong ways. I believe disrespecting the anthem is a wrong way. It just promotes more anger and dissent.
    Likes davidc, Never Enuff, Dan liked this post
    Thanks davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

again, disrespecting has nothing to do with it

Post Thanks / Like

His words
    San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he refused to stand during the national anthem Friday because of his views on the country’s treatment of racial minorities.
    “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL

Try that in N. Korea, Russia etc and let us know how that works.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

If you disrespect the Flag you disrespect all that served and died for what it represents. This Country is not perfect but it sure beats alot of others.

Dave
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

again, disrespecting has nothing to do with it
    How about lack of respect instead of disrespect? There are many things that still need a lot of work in this country, no one would argue this. That said, there are so many good things that this same flag represents. Collin needs to pound sand, then count his blessings (that very flag represents his right to show his lack of respect without being hauled away to some dark 3rd world cell), and lastly find a positive way to effect change. His actions in no way have anything positive about them. In my book he is no hero.

Now stepping down from my soap box.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes davidc liked this post
    Thanks davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Freedom of Speech.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Freedom of Speech.
    You mean like the freedom of speech to honor slain cops? https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...egular-season/
    Or to remember 9/11? https://nypost.com/2016/09/09/police...rs-911-cleats/

The players are employees, the NFL puts on a tv show and has every right to tell the cast how to conduct themselves during the show. The NFL tells players they must attend press conferences and interviews. If the players really have freedom of speech how is that not a violation? Marshawn Lynch could have just skipped the interviews instead of showing up and mumbling.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information