Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Floor Mat Replacements

I have gone through the stock crap mats that came with the car-literally. My heal wore a hole straight through. Man these things are made so cheap and thin.

I am 23 months into my 39 month lease. Been thinking of just taking the mat out and using the carpet as the mat but I don`t want any excess wear charges upon return so I`ll spring for a set of mats.

I am considering Weather tech mats but open to all other types and brands. Not 100% sold on non-carpet mats. Never had these hard molded type before because I was afraid they would be slippery on my heal while driving especially when my shoes are wet or have melting snow on the mats.

I drive a lot, about 22K per year easily and when your tired after along day these little annoyances matter. Plus I getting old and grumpy .

So you guys are good at steering me to the right stuff to plunk my $ on, who has mats they like? Links would be appreciated.

As always thanks for reading and responding.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Floor Mat Replacements

Mi Amigo,

I relate to everything you said about mats..

Have always had great results from the Factory mats..

The absolute nicest, thickest, will hold tons of sand, etc., in them forever, are lloyd mats --- https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/
    Detailing Lloyd mats takes longer if they have lots of sand in them, because they are so thick you don`t know it until it is time to remove it all..

Have Detailed a lot of Weathertech mats and they are really great where you get lots of snow, etc., into the car, and keep about all of it off the floor.
    But they are vinyl.. Perhaps contact them, they are in the US, and ask them what the heel part is made of and if its slippery... ?
    Dan F
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d recommend the Weathertechs. My wife drives roughly 30K miles a year and wore clean through the floor mat in her vehicle also. The natural choice for me was the Weathertechs.

They are not at all slippery due to the material having a bit of texture to them. I recently drove the vehicle with snow covered shoes with no issues. It is not a smooth surface like you see on the cheaper box-store rubber floor mats. After years of cheap, hard to clean OEM floormats, I`ll never go back.

They are expensive, but since our rear seat mats are still in good shape I only bought the front set. I don`t regret the decision at all and wonder why I waited so long.
    Likes JSFM35X, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan guided you right

Lloyds = good stuff
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if you are going to lease the same car then get the Weather Tech , otherwise I`d get some cheap replacements and beat through a couple sets until the next lease
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    if you are going to lease the same car then get the Weather Tech , otherwise I`d get some cheap replacements and beat through a couple sets until the next lease
    Weathertechs in two vehicles and my feet never slip. I agree with Poorboy, you can get 5 sets of mats at Walmart for the price of just the front mats in Weathertechs.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Steve. I usually try to buy at least one set of carpet mats and one set of factory rubber mats for all season coverage at the time of vehicle purchase. Haven’t even pulled my winter mats out this year, terribly dry year for Utah snow.

I also try to buy an extra set of carpet floor mats at the time I purchase the vehicle. I’ve found or at least with Ford that you can get the proper trim level mat at the time you build and order the vehicle. If you try to order a set later you’ll get a generic F-150 set for example. Ran into this issue years ago with a Lariat mat. It taught me the lesson to order when you place your order. You can’t go back and order the Platinum or Limited mat a year later but if you get it at time of purchase it will be correct. I got an extra set for both my Edge Titanium and my F-150 Platinum but have went back and looked and you can’t specify the trim now.

As far as aftermarket mats like Lloyds and others, they show that they have trademark rights to use the Ford or model logo at the top of the page but when you try to build them, you can’t. I called on this once and was told no go. This seems to be more of a Ford issue because I can build them for a Vette, Challenger or Cadillac. Not sure what the deal is there.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I like the weather techs, myself but the all weather mats 5at come from the dealer are catching up. I’ll probably go with those on my next car.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had weathertech for all my cars. I tried Husky this time around and I`ve been more then pleased. They are molded to floor boards like weathertech. I like they completely cover the dead petal, aren`t as slippery as wearthertec if you feet are wet or snow etc, the ridges where my right foot rest on gas peddle are better placed for me when I`m driving, 3 sets of weathertech I have do not completely cover dead petal. They have aggressive teeth so mats bite into carpet an stay in place along with molded opening if you have oem carpet hooks just like the weathertech. Lifetime warranty. I would buy then again. Hope that helps
    I`ve also sold used weathertech, when I pulled them before selling cars an was able to get about 70% they don`t wear, fade a little
    Likes Stokdgs, JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on Husky. They are awesome and run close to 1/2 of Werathertech when on sale. I paid $135 for front and back for my mazda 3. Weathertech was $140 just for the fronts. Husky`s are great product with the lifetime guarantee for the money, I just think Weathertech edges them out a little bit in the finer details. If weathertech is not in your budget grab the Husky`s they do a great job.
    Likes Stokdgs, JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

First off-THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD INFO !

I checked out the LLoyds website and ordered a set of the top carpet ones for my owned vehicle.
    I am still unsure if I will be happy with any hard type molded mats but the Husky`s are out as the don`t make them for a 2016 Q70 AWD, I am still considering Weather Techs and I found a good write up on the Maxpider mat which a about 50 bucks cheaper. The reviews on them were good and it looks like the same winter mats we got with my wife`s new car from the dealer and they are OK. Only OK because I think I prefer carpet except on those days it snows . I am glad to hear that the weather techs are not slippery, I find my wifes to be on the acceptable side of OK, but I prefer the planted heal on a carpet to be honest. I have had 6 infiniti vehicle in a row, 5 the M series and now the same style is the Q70 but I wouldn`t buy mats expecting to buy the same car again. I alswys shop to see what else is available in my price rage and the Infiniti has always won the Price : Performance/Features I value ratio. Infiniti`s stock mats are another option but I have not seen them nor read anything at all about them dispite looking.

I am part of the infiniti inner circle, its for NUTs that buy the same brand over and over. I left a message for my contact at consumer affairs to let them know my dissatisfaction with the stock mats. They call/email me 3-4 times a year to ask about my ownership experience so I though I`d tell them about this LOL. Other than this I really like the cars they put out. Tech is great on them, but the voice recognition is no longer best in class, my wife BMW allows you to say the whole address in one sentence and I need to do, state, town, street then house number . Talk about a 1st world problem right LOL. Back to Mats.

I`ll be making a decision soon enough and I will report back, thanks for your input, ideas and experience !

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mi Amigo,

I relate to everything you said about mats..

Have always had great results from the Factory mats..

The absolute nicest, thickest, will hold tons of sand, etc., in them forever, are lloyd mats --- https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/
    Detailing Lloyd mats takes longer if they have lots of sand in them, because they are so thick you don`t know it until it is time to remove it all..

Have Detailed a lot of Weathertech mats and they are really great where you get lots of snow, etc., into the car, and keep about all of it off the floor.
    But they are vinyl.. Perhaps contact them, they are in the US, and ask them what the heel part is made of and if its slippery... ?
    Dan F
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I`d recommend the Weathertechs. My wife drives roughly 30K miles a year and wore clean through the floor mat in her vehicle also. The natural choice for me was the Weathertechs.

They are not at all slippery due to the material having a bit of texture to them. I recently drove the vehicle with snow covered shoes with no issues. It is not a smooth surface like you see on the cheaper box-store rubber floor mats. After years of cheap, hard to clean OEM floormats, I`ll never go back.

They are expensive, but since our rear seat mats are still in good shape I only bought the front set. I don`t regret the decision at all and wonder why I waited so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Dan guided you right

Lloyds = good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Weathertechs in two vehicles and my feet never slip. I agree with Poorboy, you can get 5 sets of mats at Walmart for the price of just the front mats in Weathertechs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I agree with Steve. I usually try to buy at least one set of carpet mats and one set of factory rubber mats for all season coverage at the time of vehicle purchase. Haven’t even pulled my winter mats out this year, terribly dry year for Utah snow.

I also try to buy an extra set of carpet floor mats at the time I purchase the vehicle. I’ve found or at least with Ford that you can get the proper trim level mat at the time you build and order the vehicle. If you try to order a set later you’ll get a generic F-150 set for example. Ran into this issue years ago with a Lariat mat. It taught me the lesson to order when you place your order. You can’t go back and order the Platinum or Limited mat a year later but if you get it at time of purchase it will be correct. I got an extra set for both my Edge Titanium and my F-150 Platinum but have went back and looked and you can’t specify the trim now.

As far as aftermarket mats like Lloyds and others, they show that they have trademark rights to use the Ford or model logo at the top of the page but when you try to build them, you can’t. I called on this once and was told no go. This seems to be more of a Ford issue because I can build them for a Vette, Challenger or Cadillac. Not sure what the deal is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I like the weather techs, myself but the all weather mats 5at come from the dealer are catching up. I’ll probably go with those on my next car.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    I`ve had weathertech for all my cars. I tried Husky this time around and I`ve been more then pleased. They are molded to floor boards like weathertech. I like they completely cover the dead petal, aren`t as slippery as wearthertec if you feet are wet or snow etc, the ridges where my right foot rest on gas peddle are better placed for me when I`m driving, 3 sets of weathertech I have do not completely cover dead petal. They have aggressive teeth so mats bite into carpet an stay in place along with molded opening if you have oem carpet hooks just like the weathertech. Lifetime warranty. I would buy then again. Hope that helps
    I`ve also sold used weathertech, when I pulled them before selling cars an was able to get about 70% they don`t wear, fade a little
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Personally not fan of either. On a 4 year`er, I generally have like 2 sets of mats....usually end up getting a set mid-ownership lifecycle, and then the remaining 2 years, I use the good ones in warm months, and the original ones in winter.

It`s been awhile but if I recall, the llyods way way too plush and the carpeted weathertechs, I did not like the fitment of it.
    The OE mats for ~me~ at least was the right density and height. The feet for me, likes the OE mats the most. It`s a feet-feel thing for me...texture/density/plush.
    Likes Stokdgs, Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Once you go weather tech you never go back. Vacuuming during winter or if you have to park in a lot of sandy parking lots alone is worth it. No more ground in sand!
    Likes BadgerRivFan, Stokdgs, LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IME the Weathertech vs. Husky depends on the specific application/vehicle. I never seem to know which I`ll prefer in a given vehicle until I try both.

Agree about the Lloyd`s, always been very nice.

One of these days I`ll finally have to replace the oe mats in Accumulatorette`s A8 (she`s worn through the foam backing at the right heel contact point), and I`ll probably go that route.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m slightly biased because Weathertech is local to me. The factory mats go up on the garage wall for decoration and Weathertechs year round. Hold all the salt/slush in the winter, dirt/mud sand in the summer and super easy to clean. No issues with foot slipping, even in my manual transmission daily. Make cleaning the interior a breeze, pull the matts, vacuum, stiff brush and APC on the matts, done and done.

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information