Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Health and Fitness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    jrock645- Gee, five more is a lot! Did you still pre-exhaust with the Extensions?

Can you expand on the supinated Pulldowns? You doing them for Bis, like a curling motion?
    No pre exhaust. Did extensions after.

And yes, pulldown for bi’s. I, like Mentzer, like them because you can get a full contraction and a nice long squeeze at the end. Can’t do that so well with a lot of other bicep movements.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Ah, great! Glad you`re doing the Extensions after. I did them after my Squats yesterday, before my Bent-knee Leg Lifts and Ham work.

Thanks for explaining about the PullDowns. I`ve switched to doing (very close-grip, supinated) Chins for that, but either/or they oughta be good since they are a multi-joint movement that stretches the Bis at the shoulders while they`re contracting at the elbows. This is another movement where I find additional resistance from Resistance Bands beneficial as they`re not much of a factor in the start/weakest position but provide plenty extra as the movement progresses.

When do you do those in the workout? I`m doing them next-to-last with BB Scott Curls (also with the bands attached) being the final movement. I`m up to FOUR movements for Bis...seems like a lot but it`s working well for me. I`m still getting (slight but discernible) DOMS after *so many* years of never achieving that with my Bis.

Guess it`s about time to star a 2019 Thread..I`ve noticed that this one got/gets a lot of views by Guests, which I find interesting since gee, how many people who aren`t members of Autopia are gonna hit a Detailing Forum`s Health & Fitness thread!?!

Post Thanks / Like

I do them after lat pulls, before machine curls.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Wow, good for you for the weight loss and overall fitness boost! Thanks for sharing something that`s worked so well for you. Definitely something I`ll take a look at.

I actually spent a good chunk of time where I was going to Corepower Yoga (can`t remember how widespread they are) about 2-3 times a week. I really enjoyed it. They have a variety of different classes, I would mainly do the level 2 heated (but not full hot) yoga classes. They offered Yoga Sculpt classes, which sounds like it could be similar to the DDP Yoga. I went to one sculpt class early on but got intimidated by the early Saturday morning crowd (bad choice for a first class!) The C2 classes did wonders for flexibility, core strength, etc. To your point it wasn`t a big on meditation; more of a focus on breath and body connection.
    You are right that he did take some things from power yoga. It is a good program with no chance of injuring oneself. As a matter of fact DDP is currently offering the positively unstoppable challenge with the chance of winning $1 million for the biggest transformation. That should motivate quite a lot of people. The other benefit is that you can do this at home unless you are in the Georgia area where the performance center is located. If you do decide to go this route look into getting the app. It has a lot more features and has access to more workouts then the DVD`s.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334

Thread Information