Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Texas Has the Autobahn? Top speeders of 2017

Hogs and Deer are killers, literally. I love night time road trips because it is nice to be the only one on the road and let the drive clear the mind, but without a decent set of headlights, I aint driving enthusiastically. During night time driving, you are only as safe as far as you can see.

Side note: Has anyone seen the YouTube video`s by the company`s with circular hog traps, they are capable of catching nearly 40 hogs at once.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    As I`ve posted before, the whole "having a highly-capable car but not being able to use it" is what finally got me *OUT OF* really fast cars, even *with* a license! (I never end up doing many track days any more..) Driving a great car at 4/10ths simply frustrates me...constant exercise in frustration and self-control, just too far away from the vehicle`s "natural rhythm" for me to enjoy it.
    Amen, the real fun is trying to get 11/10ths out of your vehicle. I love my vette but if I drive it over 3/10ths I`m in jail. VA is the worst state in the union to speed in. I have had lots of friends do jailtime just for speeding.

My best adventure was on I95. In court after I gave my side of the story, the judge asked the trooper if he had anything to add. His response was "Your honor, the accused`s car accelerated so fast, the patrol car had no hope of keeping up."

I felt like Donald duck when he shrinks on TV.
    Likes Stokdgs, Nizmo, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, Deer...long-timers here might remember my "S8 vs. Deer" thread. I was FAST-Hands and did everything right...Accumulatorette couldn`t believe...and BARELY touched it, maybe caused it a little arthritis, but sure damaged the car but good and it`ll never quite be the same cosmetically. Turned the trip into a scene from Ronin for the rest of the way (I did NOT allow the Deer Incident to spoil our trip, just got it drivable roadside and continued on), heh heh people sure get out of the way when a wrecked S8 comes flying up behind them

BUT..had I been doing maybe 5-10mph more it would`ve been really gruesome; more than that and everybody would`ve died. And there`s not that much diff between what wild animals do on roads and the behavior of many drivers...most anything can happen most any time, for reasons that might never occur to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- heh heh, that I95 story is great!

Yeah, my Mallett `vette, maybe the best performing car I`ve ever owned, was utterly unbearable for me...sold it near-new with no regrets (good trade towards the S8).

Yeah#2, driving in VA is an exercise in self-control for me, that`s where I got the Crown Vic. Fortunately, the staties apparently, uhm...assumed the guy waving at them behind the tint and maintaining [that speed] was a fellow LEO Wouldn`t get away with that now that every Dept. has Chargers.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- heh heh, that I95 story is great!

Yeah, my Mallett `vette, maybe the best performing car I`ve ever owned, was utterly unbearable for me...sold it near-new with no regrets (good trade towards the S8).

Yeah#2, driving in VA is an exercise in self-control for me, that`s where I got the Crown Vic. Fortunately, the staties apparently, uhm...assumed the guy waving at them behind the tint and maintaining [that speed] was a fellow LEO Wouldn`t get away with that now that every Dept. has Chargers.

Just buy a Charger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Just buy a Charger.

No misunderstanding- I do think the Chargers are *VERY* good cars, but for various reasons they`re not as good as a Crown Vic *for me*. Absolutely ZERO question in my mind about it, and I`ve definitely given it proper consideration.

I kinda wish it *would* work for me! Police Package Charger (must have column shift, which means sticking with the 5sp auto and that poses limitations) with probably a ScatPack engine, good aftermarket suspension...sure, it would have its merits.

But anyhow, the self-control I`d need in one of those would drive me nuts; I`d probably get in big trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- No doubt! My CRX`s were actually a lot more fun than my Porsches; I`d take my CRXSi (or first-gen RX7) back in a heartbeat, but you couldn`t *give* me another 928 (even if I do still swoon over them ).
    That`s a bit surprising! Any modifications to your CRX?

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`m not saying I`m always going that speed but that is one fun stretch of road to show someone what real power can do when they try to run up on you at 85. (my car pulls quite nicely from that speed all the way to as far as you can stomach)
    Sounds nice. How much power are you making?

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    85 mph toll road.. you get passed by busses going 85 mph on that road
    That`s a bit crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Any modifications to your CRX?
    Not unless you count tires and hardwiring the radar detector. Both were bought new and traded shortly after their warranties expired. The `85 was kinda a POS (so much for Honda reliability) but the later Si was a good car.

...show someone what real power can do when they try to run up on you at 85.
    Guys (never gals, it`s always GUYS) sometimes pass me at [very big number] but, invariably, a few miles later I pass them again without giving it any thought, usually when the road gets curvy. My wife and I suspect the [female passengers] tell `em to slow down about the time things get truly, uhm....demanding. (Accumulatorette falls asleep at [big number] and has basically zero interest in how fast I drive whether she`s in the car or not; 100% confidence.)

Post Thanks / Like

Tsk, tsk..... this thread is disappointing. So many posts that are in effect, ultimately glorifying speeding. I have a suggestion. Why don`t we divert, and see if we can emphasize a more positive direction for the thread? Fuel consumption, for example. This happened on a "last kick at the can" drive, (in Mexico, of course), with the group I drive with, prior to putting the cars away for the winter.

Not bad gas mileage, wouldn`t you say? I would think not bad

There ya go. I am SO glad that I could direct this thread towards a more environmentally responsible direction!

Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes Stokdgs, Tc99m, LEDetailng liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Allan !

I LOVE the MAX Speed Reading of 211.888 mph !

Happy New Year !!!

Dan F
    Likes TTBear liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    Not bad gas mileage, wouldn`t you say? I would think not bad

There ya go. I am SO glad that I could direct this thread towards a more environmentally responsible direction!

This made me laugh out loud at work even. Thank you!
    Likes TTBear liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Allan !

I LOVE the MAX Speed Reading of 211.888 mph !

Happy New Year !!!

Dan F
    Ha ha ha...... Happy New Year to you, too, Dan, to you and yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    This made me laugh out loud at work even. Thank you!
    Awesome! I`m glad you got a laugh out of it.

Happy New Year, everyone!!
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes Stokdgs, Tc99m liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information