Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harvey Weinstein

Weinstein`s wife says she will leave husband after assault allegations | TheHill

I don`t believe for one minute she didn`t know what was going on. Dudes life is crumbling and he deserves every bit of it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy;2121452]Anthony, many years ago I worked in a company with hundreds of employees, which was owned by a conglomerate that had a corporate human resources dept. There was a gentleman who worked with us who was an alcoholic, and everybody knew it. He would come back from lunch sometimes falling-down drunk. Everyone just thought it was funny...and when I say everyone knew, certainly the supervisors did, and I presume the managers, etc. did also.

But no one did anything about it. He also happened to be diabetic. I moved on from that company but maybe a year later I was talking to someone I used to work with who told me one weekend this guy passed out drunk and didn`t take his insulin and died. And I thought that was a shame and it shouldn`t have happened because everybody knew he had a drinking problem and no one, not me, not the supervisors, not the managers, tried to help this guy, no one brought in corporate HR, the company would have paid to send him to detox, etc.

And I`ve thought about this from time to time, and thought if I was a little older and a little wiser at the time, I would have spoken up and gotten this guy some help, and maybe he wouldn`t have died. Or maybe he would have died anyway. But I can see now that doing nothing made me a hypocrite and an enabler. Wow, what a downer.

PS I must have missed the threads you guys started about Roger Ailes, Bill O`Reilly. But they all seem like some very fine people, who ever heard of Harvey Weinstein anyway? Who cares? Who really cares if he harassed some PIA Hollywood actresses? Why is this news, really? Since you brought up Cosby he was a guy who was in everyone`s living room every week at one time, so maybe we should care a little about that, but I didn`t even know who this Weinstein guy was.
    Setec, that`s a tragic story. Alcoholism is a destroyer of all it touches and it sends ripples of tragedy among all within that family, friends and fellow workers. In the case of "hypocrite", all of us in some form or fashion, throughout our lives have been such.

In this particular case it really irks me because these Hollywood people get away with the stuff that would put everyday folks like us in prison. The covering up and making excuses for this behavior is what my rant is about. George Clooney just came out and basically said, "Ya, I knew about the rumors but I never thought it was really serious" THAT is the crap that really bothers me. It doesn`t matter if it`s a Democrat or a Republican, black or white.

People get some power and they think they are above the law and they will never get caught or if they do they can pay off people. Your story is a tragedy and sadly in the PC atmosphere we have in the business world many people do not get involved for fear of being sued or chastised by their peers or bosses.

Take care,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony, people with money and power have always gotten away with a lot of things that others wouldn`t. Every day in this world is filled with tragedies, I just kind of think maybe we should focus on some of them instead of what some Hollywood guy did or who he donated money to.

It`s been 3 weeks and 90% of Puerto Rico doesn`t have power...when we had Hurricane Sandy here I didn`t have power for 10 days and I thought it was the end of the world...but I had clean running water (hot water too). I`m apparently a * but I don`t recall starting a thread about Roger Ailes or Bill O`Reilly...another couple of high-powered guys who apparently got away with paying off people so no one would know about their behavior...but really who cares? There are more important things in this world to be concerned or angry about, while we waste our time arguing about what in the end is nonsense, that doesn`t affect us and we can`t do anything about. It`s not like these guys were waiting outside the Wendy`s and grabbing our daughters. No, I`m not saying it`s right...I just miss the old days when we used to argue about Zaino and NXT...at least that got us somewhere!
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ Just my humble opinion---You sure have spent a lot of time talking about this to not care about it????????
    Jay
    Likes House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

rofl, doesn`t sound like it was much of a "secret"

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/917932480983982080

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    ^^^^^ Just my humble opinion---You sure have spent a lot of time talking about this to not care about it????????
    Jay
    Because you guys keep stirring the pot.

Post Thanks / Like

nobody is forcing you to click on the thread

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Anthony, people with money and power have always gotten away with a lot of things that others wouldn`t. Every day in this world is filled with tragedies, I just kind of think maybe we should focus on some of them instead of what some Hollywood guy did or who he donated money to.

It`s been 3 weeks and 90% of Puerto Rico doesn`t have power...when we had Hurricane Sandy here I didn`t have power for 10 days and I thought it was the end of the world...but I had clean running water (hot water too). I`m apparently a * but I don`t recall starting a thread about Roger Ailes or Bill O`Reilly...another couple of high-powered guys who apparently got away with paying off people so no one would know about their behavior...but really who cares? There are more important things in this world to be concerned or angry about, while we waste our time arguing about what in the end is nonsense, that doesn`t affect us and we can`t do anything about. It`s not like these guys were waiting outside the Wendy`s and grabbing our daughters. No, I`m not saying it`s right...I just miss the old days when we used to argue about Zaino and NXT...at least that got us somewhere!
    Let`s look at this.

You stated:
    It`s been 3 weeks and 90% of Puerto Rico doesn`t have power.
    You understand that Puerto Rico was hit with not one major hurricane but two, correct? You also grasp that their electric grid sucked real bad before any hurricane hit right? In 2016 they had several days of black outs. It`s a very poor infrastructure. It`s not so much the power centers but the lines that carry that power.

You stated:
    another couple of high-powered guys who apparently got away with paying off people so no one would know about their behavior...but really who cares?
    The women who were their targets care. As do the mothers, fathers and friends of said women. Two wrongs never make a right. So, if you want to know what`s more important, a Hollywood exec fondling women or there being no power in Puerto Rico? Ask yourself a logical question. Which problem is a lack of self-control and morale`s and which is mother nature? With a hurricane people get plenty of notice and can prepare. With a predator there is none. One problem is mother nature, the other human nature.

When you turn on TV and watch the news what do they want you to see? How bad things are or how good things are? Good does NOT sell. So being that the vast majority of news channels and news personalities are left leaning liberals they want to report how bad things are and how Republican/conservatives are at fault. No news on Harvey and his escapades but let`s say this was conservative Tim Allen who did this, what would the news coverage be like? President Bush made some bad choices with Katrina and the news media crucified him. When the BP oil spill happened and Obama was no where to be seen did he get the very same treatment? Honestly he did not. So blame the media as they love pain and sorrow until is one of their own.

You stated:
    No, I`m not saying it`s right...I just miss the old days when we used to argue about Zaino and NXT...at least that got us somewhere!
    You came into the area described as "Hot Topic" and want to know why we are talking about this, really? This site is dedicated to auto detailing, wax and all and the one area defined and set aside for off topic discussion and you ask why we are talking about it? That`s nonsensical.
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    When you turn on TV and watch the news what do they want you to see? How bad things are or how good things are? Good does NOT sell. So being that the vast majority of news channels and news personalities are left leaning liberals they want to report how bad things are and how Republican/conservatives are at fault. No news on Harvey and his escapades but let`s say this was conservative Tim Allen who did this, what would the news coverage be like? President Bush made some bad choices with Katrina and the news media crucified him. When the BP oil spill happened and Obama was no where to be seen did he get the very same treatment? Honestly he did not. So blame the media as they love pain and sorrow until is one of their own.
    More total BS about liberal media. I work in a network control center where we have every news channel and weather channel up on big screens. This story is on all of the channels constantly. Yes even CNN and MSNBC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    More total BS about liberal media. I work in a network control center where we have every news channel and weather channel up on big screens. This story is on all of the channels constantly. Yes even CNN and MSNBC.
    Sure.....Now!

SNL, no jokes about it. Late night TV, silence. The ladies on the View, they finally talk about it BUT they also do so with the, "Ya, but what about Trump!?"

Now I am not a Trump fan at all, he is a self centered bafoon but to claim the mainstream media is not left liberal biased is to be intellectually dishonest.

Republican Tim Murphy, big on pro-life, asked his girlfriend to get an abortion. He gets bashed for that and rightly so but the point is his dumb ass got more coverage faster then this Weinstein guy. The media couldn`t wait to trample this republican hypocrite!

Now I am no Republican either, both parties are corrupt and it`s really hard to find any politician that truly cares about The People. Government is just organized crime.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, we discuss plenty of Big Issue topics that we`re basically powerless to influence...why *NOT* spend a little time and bandwidth discussion sexually oriented misconduct? It`s one very serious issue that seems to get swept under the rug pretty often unless exposing it fits into somebody`s agenda.

IMO if we don`t care about such misbehavior it`s more likely to not only keep happening but, far worse, is more likely to become mainstreamed and even accepted (if only as the New Normal that "nobody can do anything about").

Why care if we can`t do anything about it? Well, while we here at Autopia probably can`t do anything about Weinstein we can take it as an object lesson to be applied to our own spheres of influence.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mbkite View Post
    Boy reading that New Jersey star watcher a few posts up * just runs through his veins
    ***? In reference to a longstanding member of Autopia who`s contributed *so* much here to so many people? I might be slightly to the right of Ayn Rand politically, but that`s seriously offensive talk.
    Likes Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thread has been closed.
    Offensive name calling is against Autopia`s rules and the friendly environment we have here at Autopia. This will not be tolerated and lead to a suspension and/or permanent ban.
    Political discussion is allowed however rather than hurling insults you will need to articulate your opinions and beliefs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information