Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1753545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1006
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hang in there ronkh !

heard from ron`s son stephen today. needless to say, stephen has been very busy since his father`s passing dealing with family, tax, and estate matters, but he sounds good.
    for anyone nearby, stephen is planning a celebration of life get together at ed`s tavern lakewood ranch, fl. on 12/04/19 from 5-9pm https://www.edslakewoodranch.com/. if you are nearby and can attend, please do. i know stephen would be happy to see any of us there.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Strong66, Oneheadlite, mc2hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, glad to hear he is hanging in there and getting along ok, appreciate the update.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes trashmanssd, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Steve ... Did Ron`s family ever decide on a charitable donation that could be made in Ron`s name?
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sure miss that guy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 65chevy, Coleroad, Vegas1, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Sure miss that guy.
    Me too.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Me too.
    I was deleting some old text on my phone and found some from Ron. Was very sad and moving to read through them. He was such a great guy.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes 65chevy, SGM2008, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We all miss Ron.

I find myself wondering how Ron’s family is dealing with all the unopened boxes from AG. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

What a strange thread to read because of the mix of emotions. Cancer is an ugly beast whose reach knows no limits and it is only satisfied when it reaches are particular conclusion... yet... despite the bad news woven threw each page of this journal, the amount of love and compassion in here easily thwarts cancer`s evil intentions. I`ve been lucky enough to hang out with Ron a handful of times at various events previously, although not as lucky as some as you have. He was a great guy and this thread is clear evidence of the people he touched. Rest in peace Ron, and remember to bang the gears hard.
    Thanks Never Enuff thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Steve ... Did Ron`s family ever decide on a charitable donation that could be made in Ron`s name?
    sorry, but this is the first time i heard from stephen since ron`s passing. i`ll be sure to ask him when i see him on dec 4. good idea!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    What a strange thread to read because of the mix of emotions. Cancer is an ugly beast whose reach knows no limits and it is only satisfied when it reaches are particular conclusion... yet... despite the bad news woven threw each page of this journal, the amount of love and compassion in here easily thwarts cancer`s evil intentions. I`ve been lucky enough to hang out with Ron a handful of times at various events previously, although not as lucky as some as you have. He was a great guy and this thread is clear evidence of the people he touched. Rest in peace Ron, and remember to bang the gears hard.

Thanks Todd, very well said.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Haven`t posted or lurked in quite some time, but I wanted to check in on this thread and am extremely saddened to read how it unfolded. Despite such an unfortunate outcome, there are hundreds & thousands of people who will benefit from Ron`s posts quietly in the years to come whenever their Google searches on detailing lead them to this forum. It`s interesting how our memories & thoughts are preserved now in the digital age - I wonder how many people will stumble upon some wisdom Ron shared, a funny one-liner that makes them laugh out loud when they read it, get inspiration when they see a picture of his cars, or head to lunch early because of his food posts(all of which I have done many times)
    Likes BudgetPlan1, GearHead_1, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

caught up with Stephen and some of his family & friends at the lakewood ranch town center car show last evening to remember ron. i had gone to car shows there with them many times over the years.
    Stephen is still pretty loaded down with estate issues, but is doing well. some type of charity donation group will be selected as soon as Stephen has time.
    Ron and Stephen have always been vette guys, so i had to throw in a gt40 and some stang pictures. the pic of Ron and Stephen was when i got to have lunch with them before Ron`s last major surgery.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pPcDLCrpdyY9KuGv7

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I miss MOST from Ronkh`s passing: His posting of pics of car shows in Florida, especially in the winter month`s when all those types of cars are in hibernation here in the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" (Northeast Wisconsin) area.

It has been said by myself before, but it bears repeating: "Thanks" to TropicSteve and a host of other Autopians who have physically taken care of Ronkh`s detailing and personal needs when he could not do it himself because of his illness. This truly is the meaning of personal friendship. It is also evidenced by those of you through the MANY gracious (and humorous!) comments that have been expressed in this lengthy thread during Ronhk`s journey with his illness, even though you may have never met him face-to-face, which includes myself.

It makes me both proud and humble at the same time to be associated with this forum and call you "Fellow Autopians".
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year was always tops for Ron too. Can’t imagine how many people he actually shipped a little “something special” to for Christmas. Wondering if Stephen had to sell “THE VETTE”. Ron was proud of not only having it but always seemed to gush a bit when talking about his son having his own Vette. Gosh, I miss the Big Guy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Steve ... Great pic of Ron. It`s still hard to believe he`s gone, God rest his soul.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1753545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread Information